Twitter: Cooper was effectively benched

erod

Reaction score
Him and Gallup have not had the right body language. I am beginning to think they are fed up with Dak.
Agreed. They know there are severe limitations in the passing game because of the QB.

links18

Reaction score
What’s the excuse for Cobb not being on the field?

He must have been "benched" too according to the logic. Its bogus. They sent out a personnel package on 4th down season deciding play that didn't include two of our top WRs. Instead, they sent out a mud footed TE, a gadget player and a special teams player with one catch on the season. That's your coaching staff.

People here may be rightfully frustrated with Cooper over the last couple of games, but the idea he was "benched" is laughable. It was just another mind bogglingly bizarre decision by our coaching staff, who aren't worthy of coaching at your local high school.

As far as Cooper's attitude is concerned, get back to me when he is playing for a real football operation not an over hyped Barnum and Bailey theme park qua professional sports franchise.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Let’s also remember this about Amari Cooper.

last year in the playoffs. In 2 games.

13 catches for 170 yards and 1 TD

on the road. He caught 6 catches for 65 yards and a TD.

so he historically struggles on the road. But he has shown he can perform on the road in big games.

he has shown he can perform
Period in big games.

and all of that is with a QB that some
People think is average at best throwing to him.

So how bad do people think Amari really is?

is he Julio or Michael Thomas? No.

but he is a damn good receiver.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Am I the only one wondering about his injuries? He was definitely hurt several games ago, and there were many rumors from people (including Aikman IIRC) saying he was hurt worse than the team was letting on.

I just have a hard time believing he tapped out. Doesn't seem like him at all.

It does make me wonder what the motive is in Hill's source throwing him under the bus like this.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, you gotta be a pro so doesn't matter, you gotta go out and do the job but I'm sure it didn't help that he was open multiple times and the ball just was never on target. That surely contributed to the lack of production as well.

links18

Reaction score
It does make me wonder what the motive is in Hill's source throwing him under the bus like this.

Some possibilities:

1.) Someone is covering for coaching stupidity again.
2.) Someone on the staff who knows they are gone is flipping Jerry the bird, by asserting some coaching prerogative.
3.) Staff is trying to look assertive, because they know they are going to be looking for new jobs soon.
4.) Its a ploy for coming contract negotiations.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

Bull****. You don't play the guy the majority of the game in a must-win game and then sit him on the biggest play. This is another awful cop out but a gutless coaching staff who refuse to assume ANY responsibility for their own awfulness. Cooper is clearly injured. Players don't just fall off the map like that. We'll, not anywhere but Dallas.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Let’s also remember this about Amari Cooper.

last year in the playoffs. In 2 games.

13 catches for 170 yards and 1 TD

on the road. He caught 6 catches for 65 yards and a TD.

so he historically struggles on the road. But he has shown he can perform on the road in big games.

he has shown he can perform
Period in big games.

and all of that is with a QB that some
People think is average at best throwing to him.

So how bad do people think Amari really is?

is he Julio or Michael Thomas? No.

but he is a damn good receiver.

It's the Raiders situation all over again with him. He obviously has an elite skillset, but then disappears for stretches that has everyone wondering if it's injuries, playcalling, the QB etc. It got to the point people questioned if he loved the game, just not mentally tough and checks out. We're seeing some of those same red flags, drops, the lack of effort etc.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
It's the Raiders situation all over again with him. He obviously has an elite skillset, but then disappears for stretches that has everyone wondering if it's injuries, playcalling, the QB etc. It got to the point people questioned if he loved the game, just not mentally tough and checks out. We're seeing some of those same red flags, drops, the lack of effort etc.

I say we trade for JuJu Smith Shuster. He’s a good player maker, emotional, but in a good way. Not a diva and gives back to the community. He could bring a needed fire to this team. I say trade for him and kick Amari to the curb.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Witten was in the game! He had also played bad. He gets very little seperation! Why wasn't Jarwin in the game? Why wasn’t Cobb in the game?

This team has a bunch of underachievers, but the coaching staff is a BIG JOKE!!!!