Twitter: Cooper was effectively benched

cern

Reaction score
You don't pay a player top money to be a decoy. That's just foolish. He quit playing. Inexcusable. I thought it was a great move bringing him here. Not anymore. Nip it in the bud.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He couldn't get separation for whatever reason. Maybe it was the foot issue or who knows what? Anyway, the production just wasn't there.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
Surprised this wasn’t being harped on during the game.

He gave one of the lowest effort performances I’ve ever seen.

He barely reached for one very catchable pass late in the game and everyone immediately started blaming Dak lol. Nobody focused on what a pathetic effort he made to catch that pass.

links18

Reaction score
Michael Irvin was shut out in the 1995 playoffs against the Eagles. He had no catches for zero yards until Troy went to him late in the 4th quater for a TD. Final stat line: 1 catch for 9 yards and a TD.

There is no way it made any sense to not have Cooper out there in that situation, if even to just draw coverage. None. It was moronic. Organization is clueless and whoever is feeding this "he was benched" line to the media is covering for more coaching incompetence. We never bench anyone and all of a sudden we bench two starters in one game including our #1 receiver and high profile trade acquisition ? BS. If you believe that, I have beach front condo in Nunavuut for sale. Get back to me when Witten is benched because the guy behind him is just better.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Garrett has zero to do with the offense.
Look at yesterday's game plan and one from last year or 8 years ago. Garrett is trying to save his job and went back to game planning. No more motions, misdirection, play action throwing deep. It's the same curl patterns play after play. Defending if you want.....

J817

Reaction score
To be honest, who hasn't regressed this year under this coaching staff? It's just time for a change.

You win
Cooper didn’t like the routes he has been running lately so he sulked. This is a contract year for him. I’m sure he wanted to succeed, but in his mind the plays being called and the routes he is being told to run is hindering him from doing so. This has probably been going on for six to eight weeks now. Yea players shouldn’t sulk and give half effort after not getting their way but again this further illustrates how there is NO LEADERSHIP within that locker room from top to bottom.

Your #1 WR is unhappy with his role with the team. It appears he has been unhappy for half the season now. I’m going to give Garrett the benefit of the doubt and say he has sat down with Cooper in the past six to eight weeks regarding his recent poor performance, but there has still been no improvement. What should a coach do about that? Garrett’s answer was to bench him in the 4th quarter of a pivotal game to get into the playoffs. Now ask yourself was this a wise coaching move? Garrett and Moore obviously were not trying to appease Cooper’s concerns. Was benching one of the best players on the team for the most important play of the season wise? I mean, what did it prove?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe being benched (if that's actually what happened, and I believe it is, because he played like garbage) will light a fire under his *** for the duration of his stay at camp cupcake.

links18

Reaction score
Nobody on that sideline has the authority to bench anyone. It was a called personnel package. Bunch of people just want to gripe about Cooper's lack of effort. Fair enough, but it was a mistake to have both him and Cobb sitting and Witten and Austin on the field in that situation. Just hideous coaching.