Twitter: Cooper's Injury Could Be More Serious Than Publicized

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
They were saying he just had a bruised heal and now its more of a ligament thing? Something only surgery may fix affectively ending Coop's season before it gets started? If this is the situation, put him on ice, franchise tag him for 2020 and let's get Dak and Zeke paid now so we can have a chance at doing something this years.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
They were saying he just had a bruised heal and now its more of a ligament thing? Something only surgery may fix affectively ending Coop's season before it gets started? If this is the situation, put him on ice, franchise tag him for 2020 and let's get Dak and Zeke paid now so we can have a chance at doing something this years.
Who mentioned surgery?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I’d take the offer off table if I was JJ. You dont pay that to a QB who gets elevated by better players around him.

You pay the big bucks to guys that make journeyman look like all pros.
You wouldn't have put the offer on the table in the first place and we'd have Dak and Zeke holding out.

erod

Reaction score
Terrence Newman played like 20 years with that every year.

It just has to be managed.
Sounds like plantar fasciitis.

Had that in both feet simultaneously once. That was a long 8 months. Hurt like a mother when I got out of bed, and feet would fatigue quickly.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Reports are it’s Plantar fasciitis.

Considering that Plantar fasciitis really has extreme variation in seriousness and how long it lasts. This could either be nothing that will impact him at all once games start, or something that affects him all season.

Really no way to know for sure.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I did, didn't you just read it?

He isn’t getting surgery.

They will give him better support in his shoes.

Rest, ice, stretches, physical therapy, etc.

Even if it still bothers him, he can play with pain management.

The only issue would be if it hurts bad enough that it reduces the speed and quickness that makes Cooper so special. But that’s a big IF. And no indication that’s the case yet.

CWR

Reaction score
Great just what we need to start the season. We never get to start off without injury and drama.

If he misses time then Elliot may get paid.

We suck on odd years. Its all falling into place. Smh

If he misses time there is no urgency to pay Zeke because we were trash without Coop.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reports are it’s Plantar fasciitis.

Considering that Plantar fasciitis really has extreme variation in seriousness and how long it lasts. This could either be nothing that will impact him at all once games start, or something that affects him all season.

Really no way to know for sure.
Yep, I've had it for 25 years and the pain comes and goes with the amount of torque I put on it but I stop short of running NFL WR routes. The problem with that injury is it is worse for a WR like an Achilles is for a CB because of how they have to use their feet. It is also a very easy ailment to inflame and rest is the only remedy unless one wants the surgery.

erod

Reaction score
We suck on odd years. Its all falling into place. Smh

If he misses time there is no urgency to pay Zeke because we were trash without Coop.

If that's the case, which it may be, then why would we pay any of them?

If it requires all three players, and one gets hurt, then we're screwed no matter what.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He isn’t getting surgery.

They will give him better support in his shoes.

Rest, ice, stretches, physical therapy, etc.

Even if it still bothers him, he can play with pain management.

The only issue would be if it hurts bad enough that it reduces the speed and quickness that makes Cooper so special. But that’s a big IF. And no indication that’s the case yet.
His rote running is based on foot placement and the ability to push off at angles, if this continues into the season, I cannot see it not affecting his greatest strength, route running. This is akin to a QB having a bad throwing shoulder.

I do not think he has a history of this so this does not have to be an ongoing thing.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If that's the case, which it may be, then why would we pay any of them?

If it requires all three players, and one gets hurt, then we're screwed no matter what.
That's silly, that's like saying Aikman wasn't great without Emmitt or Irvin or any one of the three without one of the others. Wait, OK, not silly.

You touch on an interesting point, how was Aikman without one or both of the other two? And this is a HOF QB.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Last edited: