Copy Cat League

acer941

Reaction score
I think we have a perfect example right in front of us of a path we need to take.

The Denver Broncos... They bench Peyton because of injury or fatigue and bring in Brock Osweiller. Who has been studying the game behind Peyton and learning everything the great legend has taught him. It's a golden opportunity to pave a path to the future. Romo has probably a year or 2 MAX. 35yr old QB's with back, neck, and shoulder problems just don't last as long as say a healthy Tom Brady.

That's why I suggest we draft Goff from Cal or Lynch from Memphis and increase our chances to be great in the future with our great O-Line and Franchise WR instead of going into a slump with talent and no leader to take us there. It's not everyday you get a opportunity like we will get this off-season...

Plenty of Cap Space with a Loaded Roster and a Top-5 Draft Pick...

Fmart322

Reaction score
I agree. I remember how bad it was after Aikman retired. Drafting this high doesn't happen all the time for us.

I think we have a perfect example right in front of us of a path we need to take.

The Denver Broncos... They bench Peyton because of injury or fatigue and bring in Brock Osweiller. Who has been studying the game behind Peyton and learning everything the great legend has taught him. It's a golden opportunity to pave a path to the future. Romo has probably a year or 2 MAX. 35yr old QB's with back, neck, and shoulder problems just don't last as long as say a healthy Tom Brady.

That's why I suggest we draft Goff from Cal or Lynch from Memphis and increase our chances to be great in the future with our great O-Line and Franchise WR instead of going into a slump with talent and no leader to take us there. It's not everyday you get a opportunity like we will get this off-season...

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
when udraft a qb in the first round there are no cant miss ones they are all high risk the cowboys chance lays with the last years o f tony

texbumthelife

Reaction score

The Broncos took Osweiler with the 57th pick, in the second round. We should take Wentz in the second round and really follow the blueprint. Neither Goff or Lynch are worth a top 5 pick.

On another note, I took Osweiler in my Dyno Fantasy league just to have my buddies handcuff. Boy am I glad I did that!

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I agree 100%....the perfect off-season to me, when it comes to the QB position, would be to draft Lynch and sign someone like Ryan Fitzpatrick if the Jets let him go.....or maybe Geno Smith if they keep Fitz?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
We won't get a better chance to get a replacement for Romo

Take Goff or Lynch if they are still there, if not try Wentz or Cook on a trade back or in the 2nd

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I say go BPA in the first, trade down, QB in the early second....

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
apparently this team's scheme fits or uses a mobile QB with a quick shot release and someone who can read defenses and make the needed adjustments at the line. do any of these NFL QB prospects out of college have this that you can tell?

coult44

Reaction score
I agree. I remember how bad it was after Aikman retired. Drafting this high doesn't happen all the time for us.

It's been bad since Aikman left. That's how long we've been bad. I think people have forgotten that. The Cowboys are bottom 5 team since then.

robjay04

Reaction score
Take a QB if the player is worth the pick. If not, we could use an impactful player at a few other positions.

Brock was a second round pick if I recall correctly.

Last edited:

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score

Plenty of Cap Space to get a backup QB who can actually help win games.

Draft LB, RB, WR and ... CB!

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I agree 100%....the perfect off-season to me, when it comes to the QB position, would be to draft Lynch and sign someone like Ryan Fitzpatrick if the Jets let him go.....or maybe Geno Smith if they keep Fitz?

Geno Smith? You think Weeden or Cassel is bad, just wait until he shows up. He's terrible.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
I agree with you, but it's not going to happen. Jerry is not drafting a QB in Round 1.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
apparently this team's scheme fits or uses a mobile QB with a quick shot release and someone who can read defenses and make the needed adjustments at the line. do any of these NFL QB prospects out of college have this that you can tell?

Both Goff and Lynch are mobile QBs in the sense I think you mean. By this I mean they can move around and avoid a rush some in the pocket. Maybe escape out a little, not be R. Wilson. Goff has done much more reading defenses pre and post snap than Lynch. You can routinely see him hitting his 2nd and 3rd reads. Lynch throws a lot to read 1. Wentz actually probably has to read defenses more than Lynch. As far as throwing motions, Goff probably has a quicker release than Lynch. Lynch might need to shorten his release, but with his arm strength it may not be a huge issue. Just my opinion.

Fmart322

Reaction score
I disagree with your statement. The Cowboys are a 500 team in a division full of 500 teams. That's why they're always in the hunt for the playoffs.

It's been bad since Aikman left. That's how long we've been bad. I think people have forgotten that. The Cowboys are bottom 5 team since then.

coult44

Reaction score
I disagree with your statement. The Cowboys are a 500 team in a division full of 500 teams. That's why they're always in the hunt for the playoffs.

Your way of thinking is why JJ laughs all the way to the bank. Because as long as fans think that being in the bottom of the league is ok because we are always fighting for a spot , he has no reason to change . Take a minute and do something. Go look at how many teams have been to SB's or how many teams have been to conference championship games since the last time we were. Teams like Oakland, Detroit, Jax, SF, Sea, Ariz, Arz, Cincy, TB, STL, NY and NY, Philly, Balt, Tenn, Wa, NO, etc have all been more successful than us. I'm not even talking about the good teams. Just the franchises we mistakenly call horrible. Is being "in the hunt" every year fine with you? If you went "hunting" every year for 20 years and never got anything, you'd be considered a horrible hunter. How many of your hunting buddies would want you to take them hunting? What if you "hunted" for a spouse, or a job for 20 years but never found one. You'd be considered a failure. You'd have to make major changes to turn your life around. It would be sad, and people would feel sorry for you. Others would laugh and constantly question your stability.

That's what our beloved Cowboys have turned into. A Sad and Unstable franchise that everyone laughs at . And now they aren't just laughing at the team. They laugh at, and feel sorry for the fans for continuing to suffer. I will always be a fan and bleed blue and silver. But it's time for us to realize we are a franchise more like the Browns, Texans, and Jags and less like the Pats, Steelers, or Packers.