Cord cutting, stream Cowboy games?

kmp77

Reaction score
So we're thinking about canceling our TV package since we barely use it. Watching Cowboys games is the only thing I'd miss. Is there a reliable way to stream all games (preseason, sunday, monday, thursday) now?? I'm in Texas and the Cowboys market.

Carson

Reaction score
I use Hulu Live. I live in Florida, but last season I got 16 of 18 games streamed.

I imagine living in Texas you have no problem getting all of them. I pay $70 for the football months and cancel in February and sign back up in September.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
BEFORE THIS GETS CLOSED been having the same discussion with my wife, I'm thinking about getting the YouTube channel stuff then seeing how much it is to add the NFL packages I just want to see COWBOYS GAMES ONLY

kmp77

Reaction score
BEFORE THIS GETS CLOSED been having the same discussion with my wife, I'm thinking about getting the YouTube channel stuff then seeing how much it is to add the NFL packages I just want to see COWBOYS GAMES ONLY
YouTube Tv is like $70 so might as well keep the tv package.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So we're thinking about canceling our TV package since we barely use it. Watching Cowboys games is the only thing I'd miss. Is there a reliable way to stream all games (preseason, sunday, monday, thursday) now?? I'm in Texas and the Cowboys market.
you tube live tv has the local channels for around $70 you get other ch's too, espn etc.
But the local channels of fox and cbs should give you all the cowboy games. the mnf game and thur game is usually on
another local channel.
with local channels you would get all the cbs and fox games maybe mnf on the regular espn.

and you can dvr them no extra cost, and I used to wait 30 min or more to start watching so I could skip thru commercials.
If you join it live then you have to endure all the breaks for commercials. then u can rewatch later too if you set up to dvr all games.

kmp77

Reaction score
Sunday Ticket is on YoutubeTV and Youtube now, and im pretty sure you can use it through internet only, no tv service required, but dont quote me on it.
Says "coming soon"....but sunday ticket has always been expensive, or way more than our tv package. So seems it'd just cost a lot more.

kmp77

Reaction score
I use Hulu Live. I live in Florida, but last season I got 16 of 18 games streamed.

I imagine living in Texas you have no problem getting all of them. I pay $70 for the football months and cancel in February and sign back up in September.
Hmm...I have regular hulu. Maybe I'll do this just for football months. Thanks!

tm1119

Reaction score
I don’t live in Texas so maybe it’s a bit tougher (especially if you live in a more rural area), but if you live in the Cowboys market you should be able to buy a relatively cheap TV antenna that picks up ABC, Fox, NBC, and ABC. The only thing you miss out on is Monday night games on ESPN and the Thursday Amazon prime games.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
If they are showing the game in your area on TV, then you can just get the game in the NFL App.

I watched every game last year except 1 that way. It is free and easy.

lostar2009

Reaction score
If you in Texas most games show on TV. I'm in OKC and probably had to go to the bar once or twice. Mostly Monday night games.

Big_D

Reaction score
I'm gonna see how it goes without Sunday ticket. They're nationally televised 13 games out of the year. I can hit a bar for the other 4 games and save a boatload. Just seems like too much when all you care about is the one game a week. The option was nice, but inflation has killed that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don’t live in Texas so maybe it’s a bit tougher (especially if you live in a more rural area), but if you live in the Cowboys market you should be able to buy a relatively cheap TV antenna that picks up ABC, Fox, NBC, and ABC. The only thing you miss out on is Monday night games on ESPN and the Thursday Amazon prime games.
true but then you cant pause, you have to be watching the entire game, and all commercials, and when its happening in real time. thats inconvenient to me. that how people watched TV in the 80s/early 90s before TiVo began the revolution of fast forwarding though Commercials, saving programs to watch later etc etc etc all these little streamers that offer games aren't much cheaper than just getting YouTube tv or DTY streaming etc

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I'm gonna see how it goes without Sunday ticket. They're nationally televised 13 games out of the year. I can hit a bar for the other 4 games and save a boatload. Just seems like too much when all you care about is the one game a week. The option was nice, but inflation has killed that.

That's usually what I do go to the bar