Cord cutting, stream Cowboy games?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So we're thinking about canceling our TV package since we barely use it. Watching Cowboys games is the only thing I'd miss. Is there a reliable way to stream all games (preseason, sunday, monday, thursday) now?? I'm in Texas and the Cowboys market.
Who is your current cable provider you're thinking about canceling? There might be someone cheaper and better.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
I've been using Hulu with Live TV since I got divorced and didn't want to go the cable route again.

Worked fine last year and I appreciated the other content.

kmp77

Reaction score
Who is your current cable provider you're thinking about canceling? There might be someone cheaper and better.
We have one cable provider or satellite. It just seems to get the games it's going to cost $60/mo with tv or streaming. I guess I can cancel/sign up easier on streaming during the season so will just try that I guess.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I have previously used a family members .edu address to get Sunday Ticket for like $100 or $120...not sure what it is now.

Now, I don't know what is going to happen. I also work every 3rd Sunday so I miss plenty of games unless I take my iPad to work. I have the flexibility to do that and I will likely continue to do it but maybe not with Sunday Ticket. The best part of the package I had was Redzone. When Dallas isn't playing, Redzone is the greatest thing in the world.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
NFL Game Pass International (~$180) + VPN.
Those who know, know.

I've been using it since 2010, have had zero issues and nothing gives you more NFL access.
PM if you want to know how to it works.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I cut cords a long time ago. Some type of NFL exclusive package like the NFL App or replacement option for DirectTV is still your best bet to make sure you don't miss anything.

If most of the games are on national/local TV, which they usually are if the Cowboys are winning... YouTube TV is the one I recommend. I like their replay option. They edit any pro sports game to the key plays for you. Sort of your own homemade SportsCenter. I usually get them for the NBA Playoffs.

Sling, Hulu TV, there are a few options available. Key thing on these is which local games do they show? Do they even show local games? And if you're not in Texas, you may still be locked into the network distribution maps with a streamer.

If you don't go with a TV-like provider, you'll have to subscribe for each game, although usually you get free 1-2 month trial offers each time you sign up. NBC on Peacock, CBS on Paramount, ESPN on Disney+, and Amazon on Prime.

You'll be screwed though whenever the game is on Fox Sports. To my knowledge, they are not offered on any of the big streamers.

Best part about rotating subs for some of the sports streamers is you get to catch up on the good movies/shows on that streamer.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
you don’t need cable if you are interested in only Cowboy games.

All you need is an antenna, ESPN + for some games for Monday Night Football and Amazon Prime for Thursday.

Streameast is another option if you don’t want to pay for Mon and Thursday and Peacock games.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I don't have TV and I still can watch any game with one click online ( too many live streams available)

DanteEXT

Reaction score
If you cannot use an antenna, NFL+ is a cheap solution to watch games broadcast in your local market. This season was $6.99 a month. The only downside is you can only watch the games on your phone or tablet.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
I live in the DFW so getting the Cowboys isn't an issue. I did fire Direct TV early last year and went with Fubo. I used to have NFL ST when I had DTV, but all I need now for non-Cowboys games is Red Zone...and I have it with Fubo. Also a ST holder, so I see half the games in person.