Cordy Glenn

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
johnnyd;4499811 said:
Because it seems like we are not going to pick Decastro everyone if better than him now. Pretty soon Zeitler will be and then amini etc..

Actually people are talking about him because people with sources in the NFL like Albert Breer and Charlie Casserly are projecting him to go ahead of DeCastro. I suppose they are Cowboys homers too?

You folks fed into a lot of hype and hyperbole about DeCastro from crap internet sites for the last 3 months being "teh best guardz in teh lazt decadez!!111" , and now the opinion of him is grossly skewed and it's leading to a lot of needless butthurt. (And, actually, yeah ... Zeitler graded out better against higher end competition than DeCastro did).

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4500347 said:
Actually people are talking about him because people with sources in the NFL like Albert Breer are projecting him to go ahead of DeCastro.

You folks fed into a lot of hype and hyperbole about DeCastro from crap internet sites for the last 3 months being "teh best guardz in teh lazt decadez!!111" , and now the opinion of him is grossly skewed and it's leading to a lot of needless butthurt. (And, actually, yeah ... Zeitler graded out better against higher end competition than DeCastro did).

I agree. He is a great player, but some think he's Larry Allen. He is somtimes over agressive and gets beat because of it.

Having said that, I'd still be thrilled to have him.

burmafrd

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4500347 said:
Actually people are talking about him because people with sources in the NFL like Albert Breer and Charlie Casserly are projecting him to go ahead of DeCastro. I suppose they are Cowboys homers too?

LMAO at your desperate need to downgrade what is by aclamation the best guard prospect in years.

But keep on doing it; you make me laugh a lot

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
burmafrd;4500385 said:
LMAO at your desperate need to downgrade what is by aclamation the best guard prospect in years.

But keep on doing it; you make me laugh a lot

Who is "aclamation" and what crap internet draft site does he run?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
LynnFoster;4500200 said:
The Gil Brandt writeup on NFL.com said Glenn can play Center. True?

Interesting thought if so.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with Gil Brandt on that one.

johnnyd

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4500347 said:

Look im not saying Glenn or Zeitler arent terrific prospects I would love to draft either guy , But in their analysis i find it silly to pump them up by trashing Decastro. The guy is still a elite prospect . I realize this happens evey year we (fans) all have a habbit of anointing a player as the best when we think we are going to get him only to turn around and bash him when it appears we will not it's stupid. JMO

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
johnnyd;4500436 said:
Look im not saying Glenn or Zeitler arent terrific prospects I would love to draft either guy , But in their analysis i find it silly to pump them up by trashing Decastro. The guy is still a elite prospect . I realize this happens evey year we (fans) all have a habbit of anointing a player as the best when we think we are going to get him only to turn around and bash him when it appears we will not it's stupid. JMO

I thought DeCastro was overhyped from Day 1. He's a good player, but mostly what seperates him from everyone else is he was allowed to play right guard his entire career as Stanford. That's a pretty rare luxory. Generally if a college player shows any sign of having the feet to play in the NFL, they'll move him to tackle. Which is why Glenn was playing left tackle in college, even if it wasn't his best position. Even left guard is more demanding than right, because they have to pull and trap and play on the move much more often. Hutchinson played left guard at Michigan.

Frankly, I don't see much difference between Zeitler and DeCastro as pure mauler right guards other than hype. I've seen Zeitler dominate a 1st round caliber defensive tackle in Devon Still. I've seen DeCastro dominate some no name for Washington State who will be working on a UPS loading dock this time next year.

cowboysooner

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4500442 said:
I thought DeCastro was overhyped from Day 1. He's a good player, but mostly what seperates him from everyone else is he was allowed to play right guard his entire career as Stanford. That's a pretty rare luxory. Generally if a college player shows any sign of having the feet to play in the NFL, they'll move him to tackle. Which is why Glenn was playing left tackle in college, even if it wasn't his best position. Even left guard is more demanding than right, because they have to pull and trap and play on the move much more often. Hutchinson played left guard at Michigan.

Frankly, I don't see much difference between Zeitler and DeCastro as pure mauler right guards other than hype. I've seen Zeitler dominate a 1st round caliber defensive tackle in Devon Still. I've seen DeCastro dominate some no name for Washington State who will be working on a UPS loading dock this time next year.

I think what differentiates DeCastro is the pulling and second level stuff. He is not as good a squatting versus pass rush. In the phone booth Cordy Glenn is the guy carrying the certified bad man wallet. Zeitler dominated Still and played very well against Worthy too. Mike Martin did not enjoy his day a couple years ago either.

burmafrd

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4500442 said:

and you are smarter than all the scouts that have said otherwise?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
burmafrd;4500505 said:

If DeCastro doesn't go until the late teens/early 20s, behind Glenn, it seems the scouts might disagree with your contention that your Wittle Davey-Wavey-Poo "iz teh best guardz in teh lazt decadez!!111" Are you smarter than them?

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
Hostile;4500228 said:
He can play 4 positions across the OL. LG, C, RG, and RT.

There are also a few rumblings about him playing LT in the NFL too. He was surprisingly good at the Senior Bowl and in one-on-one drills dominated Upsaw, Igram, and Coples. Don't be shocked if he is placed at LT his first year, and if it doesn't work he will still be a very good interior player.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;4499716 said:
First and foremost....I love DeCastro. BUT....

I am starting to think Glenn might be the first Oline taken. I think he can play OG or RT. Having said that, what are the chances we would play him at RT and move Doug Free to Guard. I am well aware of Free's contract but would interested in hearing some other takes about us taking Glenn at 14 if he's there.

I'm guessing you mean first guard taken, as Kalil will be the first offensive lineman taken.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Hostile;4500228 said:
He can play 4 positions across the OL. LG, C, RG, and RT.

I see Brandt said it, but is anyone else projecting him to center? And, why?

He hasn't played there.....I'm just wondering what people see that project him there. Seems huge for a center. I'd think a team would try him at LT before C.

Gaede

Reaction score
burmafrd;4500505 said:

What scouts?

The ones that work for NFL teams?

If you're really hearing this info from them, give me their details. I'd love know their opinions about every other player in the draft.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Gaede;4500845 said:
What scouts?

The ones that work for NFL teams?

If you're really hearing this info from them, give me their details. I'd love know their opinions about every other player in the draft.

Well one I can name right off the bat who is NOT a scout but actually PLAYED on the O line is Ross Tucker on sirius. He said DeCastro was in a class of his own this year.

burmafrd

Reaction score
junk;4500823 said:
I see Brandt said it, but is anyone else projecting him to center? And, why?

He hasn't played there.....I'm just wondering what people see that project him there. Seems huge for a center. I'd think a team would try him at LT before C.

The Glenn shills will now claim he can be an H Back and soon a backup QB.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
burmafrd;4500882 said:
The Glenn shills will now claim he can be an H Back and soon a backup QB.

Glenn is going to be a multiple probowler.

Gaede

Reaction score
burmafrd;4500881 said:
Well one I can name right off the bat who is NOT a scout but actually PLAYED on the O line is Ross Tucker on sirius. He said DeCastro was in a class of his own this year.

No offense, but I think you put way too much stock into the opinions of others. Tucker's a good endorsement, definitely, but just because he was a pro OL doesn't automatically qualify him as a great judge of pro prospects.