Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Saw on Twitter we have a scout at the Cotton bowl to watch him, here's Ourlad's report:
#84 WR Corey Davis – 6’3/214

FBS all time leader in career receiving yards. Has been a stud since day one. Coming from the lower level of Division I but he looked like a man among boys week in, week out. His ball skills in traffic are near top tier and he is much better after the catch than you think. Very efficient mover that can get in space and run away from defenders. Long strider. He is still a tad raw when it comes to route running and it looks like he is still a little slow to react to the defense. Really good kid, hard worker, loves the game type. I don’t think he has the movement to be considered a star prospect, but he is more than solid. 2nd rounder that could sneak in to round 1 if he tests really well.

Reactions: BAT

The Realist

Reaction score
He's probably going before we pick. If you told me we gave up our 4 to go get him I'd be all for it.

RamziD

Reaction score
Yeah, I think he's a lock for the first round

hendog

Reaction score
He does resemble TO being that he's a physical specimen coming from a small school. He seems to catch the ball cleaner than TO did coming out and supposedly has a great team first attitude and great intangibles.

hendog

Reaction score
He will finish his career as the only receiver in the history of FBS with over 300 catches, 5,000 yards and 50 touchdowns.

The Realist

Reaction score
I can easily see this draft being like last year. The fans are whining for D early. We go O first pick then load up on D.

Rockdoc

Reaction score
we dont need another Bryant type receiver unless they are getting rid of 88
84 is good but not what we need. i dont think he will test great speed wise.
we need speed at the WR spot

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's probably going before we pick. If you told me we gave up our 4 to go get him I'd be all for it.
WR's could be weird in this draft. Hard to guage what the value of the position will have this year in general. Seems like there are a lot mod first round guys, but not any top 10 types

The Realist

Reaction score
I can easily see the FO saying we're going to do everything we can to help our young QB excel. A #2 WR that can consistently make teams pay for stacking the box or doubling Dez would do the trick. TW makes teams pay every 3rd game.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I can easily see this draft being like last year. The fans are whining for D early. We go O first pick then load up on D.
WR could easily be the top value when we are on the board. DE is likely to get picked over. Value wise I think it comes down to WR and CB.

hendog

Reaction score
Well he did throw up the X a few minutes ago when he scored lol

The Realist

Reaction score
WR could easily be the top value when we are on the board. DE is likely to get picked over. Value wise I think it comes down to WR and CB.

I'll have to disagree with you there. I think there are far more first round DE's than there are WR's. As of right now I think OG and possibly OT will be best value on board. You can get the best OG, plug and play for 10 years and move Collins to RT if we lose Leary.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I don't think his speed will be an issue. Looks like a solid 4.4 guy.