Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'll have to disagree with you there. I think there are far more first round DE's than there are WR's. As of right now I think OG and possibly OT will be best value on board. You can get the best OG, plug and play for 10 years and move Collins to RT if we lose Leary.
I agree that there are far more 1st round DE's. I just dont think they will make it to us. I think there is going to be a big run and it could be picked clean before our pick. I hope Im wrong. I would love to get a good pass rusher in the first

Its gonna be interesting what happenes with the OL in this draft. Its not considered a good OL draft. Its gonna be interesting to see if they get overvalued pr undervalued. If they get undervalued I could definitely see an OL being the best value at our pick

The Realist

Reaction score
I agree that there are far more 1st round DE's. I just dont think they will make it to us. I think there is going to be a big run and it could be picked clean before our pick. I hope Im wrong. I would love to get a good pass rusher in the first

Its gonna be interesting what happenes with the OL in this draft. Its not considered a good OL draft. Its gonna be interesting to see if they get overvalued pr undervalued. If they get undervalued I could definitely see an OL being the best value at our pick

There are so many DE's a few will be there I think. The OT's will rise out of desperation ala Flowers and Stanley. I don't think the guards will unless someone is really desperate and trying to mimick us.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I can easily see this draft being like last year. The fans are whining for D early. We go O first pick then load up on D.

Agreed. If Jaylon is healthy before the draft, I think it's a lock they go offense in the 1st. They'll say adding Jaylon is like adding a top 10 pick to the defense.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll have to disagree with you there. I think there are far more first round DE's than there are WR's. As of right now I think OG and possibly OT will be best value on board. You can get the best OG, plug and play for 10 years and move Collins to RT if we lose Leary.
I think it might be the opposite. I'm not sure that DE and BPA are going to line up at the Cowboys pick (#32) but WR might.

The Realist

Reaction score
I think it might be the opposite. I'm not sure that DE and BPA are going to line up at the Cowboys pick (#32) but WR might.

How many WR's are going in one and who might slide. Off the top of my head the first round WR's are Ross, Davis, USC kid and Mike Williams.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How many WR's are going in one and who might slide. Off the top of my head the first round WR's are Ross, Davis, USC kid and Mike Williams.
Could be any of Ross, Davis and JuJu

Williams is probably the only one that is a sure fire top 15. Other then him, there is a possibility almost any other first round WR could be there

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Agreed. If Jaylon is healthy before the draft, I think it's a lock they go offense in the 1st. They'll say adding Jaylon is like adding a top 10 pick to the defense.

Yes. I can hear those words coming from Jerry or Stephen.

And immediate starter/contributor is a factor. Smith-Schuster, Ross, or Davis in RD1 all start immediately here, as I don't see T Williams getting signed back. Same could be said for CB and SS (if Church/Wilcox are not signed) but a deeper DB class could influence decision to tackle it in day 2. There will be immediate contributing CBs into RD3; good SSs into RD4. I feel the WRs by RD2 (Darboh, Kupp, Ford, etc.) are going to take a chunk of the season to acclimate to pro game.

DL is honestly rounding into shape. Wouldn't pass on one if there, but we clearly favor rotation over star system.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The really good DEs will go early. The Cowboys don't really need another Strong Side DE. That will likely leave them with minimal options for RDEs that are worth a 1st round pick.

They need any WR with talent.

The Realist

Reaction score
The really good DEs will go early. The Cowboys don't really need another Strong Side DE. That will likely leave them with minimal options for RDEs that are worth a 1st round pick.

They need any WR with talent.

Garrett, Thomas, Taco, Barnett, Lawson, Harris, Walker, Landry, McKinley.

Out of 4 WR's with first round grade I think 1 might be there (Davis).

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Garrett, Thomas, Taco, Barnett, Lawson, Harris, Walker, Landry, McKinley.

Out of 4 WR's with first round grade I think 1 might be there (Davis).

You think Harris will be there at the end of the 1st round?

I'm not so sure. I think both Harris and Mike Williams are better prospects than Treadwell (whom I wasn't high on) and will likely go somewhere between #12-25.

The Realist

Reaction score
You think Harris will be there at the end of the 1st round?

I'm not so sure. I think both Harris and Mike Williams are better prospects than Treadwell (whom I wasn't high on) and will likely go somewhere between #12-25.

You think Charles Harris will go 12-25? I think Harris is 25-35 depending on workouts.

ghst187

Reaction score
I love John Ross and Curtis Samuel but they are small and slotish guys when we already have Beasely.
Davis would be imposing across from Dez and with Bease in the slot = unstoppable.