Corey Simon is a Free agent

Hoov

Reaction score
I dont think the eagles are going to be as strong on the defensive front line as last year. Did anyone watch the bengals O Line seemed to be pushing the interior of the eagles d line backwards on most running plays and carson palmer sure had a lot of time to pass.... man ive never seen so many dropped balls by backs and wr as in that 1st half, it seemed like 3 out of every 4 passes palmer threw were dropped, and they should have been easy catches for an nfl player.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
T.O has to be fuming. First talk of Westbrook getting a new contract and now Corey Simon gets what he wanted..... Sorry T.O!!!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I will say this. I am very worried about Ferguson. If he plays Thursday, that may be fine but to be honest, we have a great deal ridding on this player. Not just money but scheme as well. I watched Glover closely against Houston and I was not very impressed with him in a 34 at all. Against the first team unit of Texas, I watched him get pushed back or taken out of the play several times. I don't see Glover holding up in the 34. Now, in the 43, he's an animal. I really like him there.

One thing is for sure. If we were to sign Simon, that would mean 43 IMO. I don't see it happening.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
abqcowboy, you do know that we are still running the 4-3 and the nickel out of a base 4 formation right?

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
roywilliamsfan1 said:
think about it , or dts can rotate the whole game , they wouldnt get tired and our defense could benefit from that a whole lot , just sign him and sign clarett too and release thompson
Ok this cannot be taken seriously. Sign Clarett? There goes ALL credibility that you might have had.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Corey Simon could not replace Fergy. He's a guy who shoots gaps, not a guy holds up the point of attack. He's very weak against the run. If his measurables make him look like a nosetackle, its only because he's so ridiculously flabby and out of shape. If he were in shape, he would weigh around 290-295 and would probably play a DE in a 3-4.

I'm just glad that I'll never have to watch him blow up Andre Gurode again. For whatever reason, Gurode simply could not block the man if his life depended on it.

Inman,

Remember Simon's rookie year, when he was blowing up LA? I haven't followed him really since then, I think he had the injury bug - but he showed some potential early on.

Probably don't need him in Dallas, but someone will pick him up. Maybe the Commanders :)

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
abqcowboy, you do know that we are still running the 4-3 and the nickel out of a base 4 formation right?
You do know that we are running it out of a 3-4 set lining up directly on the OL instead of the gaps don't you? That means that it will be the same as playing in a 3-4 and the only thing that will change as far as the DL goes will be having Ware line up in a down position on the outside. We are not currently running ANY traditional 4-3 alignments.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Galian Beast said:

Yes I do but I also know that BP specifically said 34 is the base. It will continue to be so unless we don't have the personel. That is why Ferguson is so important, IMO. Simon doesn't fit the 34. Too much money for another Glover. In a 43, he has value but only if we're playing it as a primary defense. The money we would have to spend on Simon would be better spent on a RT, LBs or a WR IMO.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
You have heard him saying that he was going to use the nickel 40% of the time, and the 4-3 and 3-4 the rest of the 60%..., and that he had not decided how the percentage was going to be split up between the 4-3 and 3-4.

Don't get all riled up about the 3-4.

Unfortunately there aren't any all pro rt, lb, receivers out there. And DT is still a need with Glover's contract ending in 06. We also don't have a good tackle to play off of Glover in 4 man sets. We can't count on ferguson to do that, and we've had to use defensive ends in the mean time. Having corey simon would allow us to pressure offenses no matter what scheme we are using.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
You have heard him saying that he was going to use the nickel 40% of the time, and the 4-3 and 3-4 the rest of the 60%..., and that he had not decided how the percentage was going to be split up between the 4-3 and 3-4.

Don't get all riled up about the 3-4.

Unfortunately there aren't any all pro rt, lb, receivers out there. And DT is still a need with Glover's contract ending in 06. We also don't have a good tackle to play off of Glover in 4 man sets. We can't count on ferguson to do that, and we've had to use defensive ends in the mean time. Having corey simon would allow us to pressure offenses no matter what scheme we are using.

Don't get all riled up about the 3-4?

Now your just acting stupid. I am not riled about anything. I am simply stating that it does not make financial sense to sign Sinom to a big deal when we are clearly headed twords more 3-4 rather then more 4-3. If were going to sign somebody, lets sign a guy who fits our defense. Not a guy who is destined to play out of position the majority of the time he's in.

If your trying to say that Simon would fit a NT in the 34, you should watch him a bit closer. Simon is no NT. He's a 3 Technique DT. EOS

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Natedawg44 said:
I don't know much about the eagles cap situation but could this help them out if they happen to part ways with Owens during the year if he acts up.

That's a good question. I think the tender offer counted against their CAP for this year. I applies when he signs. They just got back over 5Mil in CAP space. But lost a high quality player. Somewhere along the line here the Eagles are going to start running out of theose high quality players that make the offense and defense rum well.

The Eagles are almost always well below the CAP. This gives them even more room.

It does bring into play - one or two key injuries will hurt them this year.