Correction: Giants request permission to speak with Garrett for now-filled HC role (Post 227)

Bigdog

Reaction score
I think Jerry's biggest fear is that Garrett goes on to another OC or HC and does great things like win a SB. Unlikely to happen but you never know. JJ has seen Belicheck and Payton go on to win after being horrible HC and OC at other places.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Ehh....I guess that’s easy to say now but guys put up some nice stats with him as OC. Got a lot of guys paid.
He's terrible as an OC have you forgotten? He didn't get relieved of those duties because he was too good at it.......those 5-6 plays he runs gets figured out pretty quick.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's terrible as an OC have you forgotten? He didn't get relieved of those duties because he was too good at it.......those 5-6 plays he runs gets figured out pretty quick.
I haven’t forgot. He got relieved of his duties because Jerry is here. He was outdated and failed to adopt. No denying that. I’m not gonna act like he didn’t have some good years though.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I was listening to WFAN today and they mentioned how Mara is currently paying THREE head coaches. Ben McAdoo is still being paid and shurmur has three more years of salary coming to him and now joe judge.

they also speculated Matt Rhule's interview was delayed until Tuesday because tisch was at the golden globes....this can not be true however.

dfense

Reaction score
Garrett was actually 3-7 against the Giants when he was the play-caller/OC from 2008-2012. In 2007-2008, he had Sparano baby sitting him and even though they win the two regular season games his offense stagnated against the Giants in the playoffs and they lost.

Garrett didn’t own anybody, especially as a play caller. Giants won SBs when Garrett supposedly ‘owned them”. Giants flat out sucked when Garrett ‘owned’ them with a much superior roster and him effectively a walk around HC.
I don't know, 17-1 in the division the last few years is pretty "owned", right?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
IF Garrett goes to the Giants I'd be ecstatic. We got rid of him and now he's the Giants problem. His a gift that keeps on giving.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Garrett is an upgrade over their last two coaches. You're talking about a coach that could potentially hand us 2 losses each year.

Not exactly a good thing.

Dodger12

Reaction score
But Clappy is well thought of in league circles, if he hit the open market at least 5 times would offer him HC contract......Haaaaabaaa!!!!!

The only people delusional enough to believe that were Jerry and the Garrett fan boys on this site, all three of them, LMAO

Yes....he'll be the #1 coaching candidate or so we were told. He might not even get an OC job.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
No I was referring to the plays that made him that all time leader in Touchdown catches for the Cowboys. Show some respect.

I show him the same respect he showed his mother when he was arrested for hitting her back in 2012.

khiladi

Reaction score
I don't know, 17-1 in the division the last few years is pretty "owned", right?

Notice how I said Garrett as PLAYCALLER and a walk around HC, whose role was ambiguous per Jerry himself.

And talking about this period:

First of all, the Eagles sent us packing, while their roster was decimated. Secondly, even when we ‘owned’ the division, the Eagles won the SB. Third, playing against garbage teams with a significant roster advantage is nothing to harp on about. Fourth, once again, Garrett wasn’t calling the plays. Guys like Linehan, that were the scapegoats during the time and was fired was the guy doing it.