Cotton Bowl: Break a leg Patrick!

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
CATCH17;3789698 said:
I wouldve much rather beat Philly than have Peterson for 10 years.

We'll get another player for 10 years instead.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I know this is a bowl game and all but man is the stadium rockin'. Wish our fans would sound like this when we play:banghead: or atleast make noise at the right time:lmao2:

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Hopefully everybody jumps off the Von Miller bandwagon now.

He's looked bad out there. Taking plays off, taken out of the long run by the fullback, QB ran right around him for the TD, etc..

Not a guy i'd want to spend a first or second around pick on.

Peterson and the safety for LSU #6 have impressed me. LSU OL #68 has looked decent as well.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3789724 said:
Hopefully everybody jumps off the Von Miller bandwagon now.

He's looked bad out there. Taking plays off, taken out of the long run by the fullback, QB ran right around him for the TD, etc..

After 1 half in which he hit an elusive QB twice?

It was a play from 2 inches out, damned if you do damned if you dont

Crad|e

Reaction score
Peterson aint worth a top 5 pick, prince on the otherhand is.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
IgorTheMan99;3789733 said:
Peterson can't stop anything it seems like. Fuller's catching everything.

True.

I think the one knock against him is that he hasn't done well against top WR's throughout his career. Its debatable, but looks to be true this game.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;3789724 said:
Peterson and the safety for LSU #6 have impressed me.

Peterson has not impressed me in this game. He hasn't shown much willingness to be physical or active against the run, and Fuller has caught several passes downfield against him already.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3789736 said:
After 1 half in which he hit an elusive QB twice?

It was a play from 2 inches out, damned if you do damned if you dont

The TD? Does it matter how far out it was? The QB was 5 yards from the end zone when he ran right by him.

Im glad he's gotten pressure, but that seems to be all he's good for. Again, taken out of that long run play by the fullback.. and he's definately gone half speed on some plays.

We have enough of those guys on our D.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
Peterson is getting whipped up and down the field the whole game against a slow WR in Fuller. lol I dont know why I was so worked up about this guy. I think we all tend to look at highlight reel plays, ala his PRs, and think hes a great player in general.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
A&M's Jeff Fuller is a really nice receiver and one that will likely make a better pro than college receiver; his game is a lot like David Gettis of the Panthers.

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
Dawgs0916;3789748 said:
Peterson is getting whipped up and down the field the whole game against a slow WR in Fuller. lol I dont know why I was so worked up about this guy. I think we all tend to look at highlight reel plays, ala his PRs, and think hes a great player in general.

No, not really, I think those who have watched him play the games (not YouTube highlights) have seen a guy who helped shutdown A.J. Green and Julio Jones in '09 and make spectacular plays on the ball.

Fuller is a good wide receiver and the QB (#17) is making some great throws (ie. back shoulder darts).

BubbleScreen

Reaction score
realtick;3789765 said:
No, not really, I think those who have watched him play the games (not YouTube highlights) have seen a guy who helped shutdown A.J. Green and Julio Jones in '09 and make spectacular plays on the ball.

Fuller is a good wide receiver and the QB (#17) is making some great throws (ie. back shoulder darts).

The level of competition isn't even NFL level and I haven't seen Peterson make a single play. 54 yards to Fuller isn't shutdown territory.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
realtick;3789765 said:

This.

He's a stud, just because they completed some back shoulder throws and 1 quick comeback where he was lined up 8 yards off the ball doesn't really qualify as getting whipped.

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
TheFinisher;3789780 said:
This.

He's a stud, just because they completed some back shoulder throws and 1 quick comeback where he was lined up 8 yards off the ball doesn't really qualify as getting whipped.

It's good to know a few of us actually know what's going on.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
realtick;3789765 said:

According to Collinsworth the back-shoulder play is unstoppable.

According to my Dad, he would have picked off every one of them.

Cant believe people are seeing some completions and making determinations before the 1st half is over. Clearly trying to talk themselves out of him since we wont get him anyway.
The level of competition isn't even NFL level and I haven't seen Peterson make a single play

You gave him 20 minutes to make a play or your out? Thats a hard marker