cotton picking cowboys scouts, to me brewster & butler are %*()..,,,,

thundercowboy

Reaction score
Time will tell.
Look at how many times teams including the Cowboys have had #1 draft picks and have blown those choices with less than adequate selections.
We can only hope that the Boys are going to do well with what they chose.
I'd like to know for sure who selected whom on each pick....was it Wade? Mr. Jones? Garrett? A guru? A fan?

I do wish the Cowboys would have picked up Max Unger also.

RS12

Reaction score
Joe they could have had William Beatty had they stayed at 51, mayble LT for the next ten years. Makes the Brewster pick moot.

Woods

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2749112 said:
cotton picking cowboys scouts, or whomever is in charge of drafting, their drafting of brewstera and butler to me stinks

brewster isnt very strong, etc
butler runs 40 in 4.84 real slow for a linebacker,

cotton picking >"&********%###@@

Vic Butler ran the 40 again, I believe at his Pro Day, and ran it much, much faster. I think around 4.6 area.

(By the way, at the mini-camp, the coaches really liked what they saw of Butler.)

As for Sidbury, the Cowboys had a personal workout with him at VR and they still didn't draft him. Maybe they weren't satisfied with what they saw? Remember, they got to see him up close - and they passed.

Brewster isn't very strong, but he's got good feet and footwork. He can gain tremendous strength after a year in the Cowboys' strength program. Gaining strength isn't that difficult as long as you're dedicated. On the other hand, if you've got lead feet, you're in trouble.

DFWJC

Reaction score
RS12;2763869 said:
Joe they could have had William Beatty had they stayed at 51, mayble LT for the next ten years. Makes the Brewster pick moot.
I wondered about that one too. I hear he may take a year to be ready, but should be a starter eventually for many years...maybe at RT though.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Joe chill out.

you are irrationally criticizing. sure there are players you, me, or other posters wanted instead of some of the players we picked....still, we have scouts for a reason. they do their homework a lot better than 99.9% of us. Now while we all have our favorites, especially the guys we see the most and root for....the scouts see tons of prospects all over the nation.

before getting your tidy whities in a bunch, just relax and let the offseason and then the season play out. Give this group 2-3 years before you condemn it.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Biggems;2764453 said:
Joe chill out.

you are irrationally criticizing. sure there are players you, me, or other posters wanted instead of some of the players we picked....still, we have scouts for a reason. they do their homework a lot better than 99.9% of us. Now while we all have our favorites, especially the guys we see the most and root for....the scouts see tons of prospects all over the nation.

before getting your tidy whities in a bunch, just relax and let the offseason and then the season play out. Give this group 2-3 years before you condemn it.

oh im way over that biggems, that was the day of the draft you know when i posted this, the the cowboys passed on johnny knox, phil loadholt, duke robinson, herman johnson, sidbury, (was just the heat of the day during draft you know, but hey i also said cowboys would pick 11 to 14 players, and i was right there) but cowboys did pick 3 players i thought they might in jason williams and stephen mcgee, and i had stephen hodge in a couple of my mocks too,

so all in all, i think i did pretty good, got 3 players i thought the cowboys might have drafted;