Could 1 or 2 of Goff/Wentz fall?

Verdict

Reaction score
What are the chances that one or both of Goff/Wentz could fall outside the top 5?

DFWJC

Reaction score
What are the chances that one or both of Goff/Wentz could fall outside the top 5?

Depends on if Kap signs with Cleveland and/or if there are trades.

If the top 4 teams stay put, the odds are VERY high that one drops some

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
If the Browns take Colin K.......then look for SD to try and steal the farm from some desperate team looking for their newest Franchise Savior.

If I am Tennessee, I take OT Tunsil. Of course I listen to all the offers, but unless someone gives me something really tasty, I take the guy who will keep the blindside of My Franchise clean for the next decade plus.

Cleveland signs Collin K. So now they go after S Jalen Ramsey at 2. They lost Gipson in FA and need to replace him. They will use later picks to address the holes on the OL.

SF, thanks to Kelly, trades up to get Goff. SD moves back and adds some extra picks.

Now, we are on the clock. Wentz is there. Elliott is there. Jack and Smith are there. Bosa is there. Hargreaves and Apple are there. Stanley is there. Oh, the decisions. I know this, if we do not want a QB here, there will be some team willing to seriously overpay for Wentz, and I can see Stephen going for it.

1. Tennessee - OT Tunsil
2. Cleveland - CB/S Ramsey
3. SF - QB Goff
4. Dallas - ?

Hardline

Reaction score
Tennessee would love nothing more than someone wanting to trade up with them.
They would love getting extra picks and still getting a franchise left tackle in Ronny Stanley.

Verdict

Reaction score
If the Browns take Colin K.......then look for SD to try and steal the farm from some desperate team looking for their newest Franchise Savior.

If I am Tennessee, I take OT Tunsil. Of course I listen to all the offers, but unless someone gives me something really tasty, I take the guy who will keep the blindside of My Franchise clean for the next decade plus.

Cleveland signs Collin K. So now they go after S Jalen Ramsey at 2. They lost Gipson in FA and need to replace him. They will use later picks to address the holes on the OL.

SF, thanks to Kelly, trades up to get Goff. SD moves back and adds some extra picks.

Now, we are on the clock. Wentz is there. Elliott is there. Jack and Smith are there. Bosa is there. Hargreaves and Apple are there. Stanley is there. Oh, the decisions. I know this, if we do not want a QB here, there will be some team willing to seriously overpay for Wentz, and I can see Stephen going for it.

1. Tennessee - OT Tunsil
2. Cleveland - CB/S Ramsey
3. SF - QB Goff
4. Dallas - ?

I think your post is well reasoned and has merit. On the other hand, since Cleveland has been without a QB for so long I don't think even if they get Kap it would deter them from drafting a QB as well. You just never really know what Cleveland will do.

One way or the other, if either one of the top QBs are on the board at 2 (and one will be for sure) if they carry a top 4 grade someone will want to get one whether it is Cleveland or another team trading up. Personally I hope one falls to #4 and Chip gives a kings ransom to move up that high.

Ironically, if they both carry a top five grade one going off the board before pick #4 probably elevates the relative value of the #4 pick.

Verdict

Reaction score
Tennessee would love nothing more than someone wanting to trade up with them.
They would love getting extra picks and still getting a franchise left tackle in Ronny Stanley.

Yes that's true, but the problem I see for the Titans is that the cost to go all the way to #1 is prohibitive for most teams outside the top 5, and I really doubt whether teams sitting at 2-5 would want to move up. About the only way that the Titans aren't forced to take the first pick is if someone is convinced that Goff or Lynch are the next Peyton Manning, or the Titans trade back at a discounted price. Otherwise I think they are stuck at #1.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
IMO they will both be available when we pick at 4, and we will pass on both.

sbark

Reaction score
Bruce Arians today on the Combine.

Was really impressed with Wentz. Laughed when someone asked if Arizona would consider him. Said he would be lock if available at their pick. Was not impressed with the rest of the combine. Slowest WRs in his 20 years at the combine.