Could Dak average 300 yards passing per game

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
I don't think OP realizes how hard it is to average 300 yards a game. A lot of it depends on the type of offense you're running. If you have any decent running game then you're not going to throw it enough times. Romo, Rodgers and Peyton only did it once in their careers. Regardless of Dak's skills, considering the Cowboys just made Zeke the highest paid RB in the NFL, there is no chance Dak throws enough to get 300 a game.

Mr_437

Reaction score
DAL has upgraded the weaponry for Dak by adding a veteran slot that can get open deeper down field, bringing back a chain mover in Witten, selecting a Kamara- lite type, 3rd down RB and lastly, another legit deep threat at WR5.

Throw in, Kellen Moore's offensive play calling and I think Dak should pass for 280+ per/game this season.

Big D

Reaction score
Do you guys want Dak to throw for 300yds a game and lose or 200 and win? Really, who gives a $(&t the qbs yardage? The team has to win.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Without a doubt.. But I don't see it happening ..not that kind of football team we play Smash Mouth .

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It doesnt mattwr who the receivers are Dak aint built like that.
You mean the team isn't built like that. We have a new offensive coordinator I wouldn't be surprised if he averages 275 yards a game this season . you go over 300 you're pressing. Most teams that passed over 300 don't have a running game

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think OP realizes how hard it is to average 300 yards a game. A lot of it depends on the type of offense you're running. If you have any decent running game then you're not going to throw it enough times. Romo, Rodgers and Peyton only did it once in their careers. Regardless of Dak's skills, considering the Cowboys just made Zeke the highest paid RB in the NFL, there is no chance Dak throws enough to get 300 a game.
I can't believe we have to keep explaining this. Makes me think they have no football intelligent whatsoever

Flamma

Reaction score

Exactly. What did Aikman average and why? What was the offensive focus on that Cowboys team? What's our focus now? Winning is what matters, not how you get there. Hell, a lot of games it's the losing QB that throws for over 300 yards.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
I hope not because if he does it means we are a really bad team. My wish is he would throw under 200 yards and win every game with the running game.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Would the Cowboys still be a run-first, balanced offense?

If the answer is “yes”, then no.

Dak’s career 7.4 yards PER ATTEMPT is more important than any raw totals, like total pass yards.

Would 4,800 pass yards (300/game over 16 games) please you even if his yards/attempt dropped to 7.0?

Or would you rather see him hit 8.0 yards/attempt again, like he did as a rookie, even if it meant less attempts and therefore less yards?

EFFICIENCY is what matters, people.
Might he the dumbest post I've read all week. :laugh:

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Please please football Gods add 5 more minutes before the half so Dak can throw over 300 yards.

:omg: :flagwave: