Could henry play FS?

cml750

Reaction score
WIth all the talk about how well Henry tackles, I was thinking maybe he could possibly man the FS spot with A. Glenn starting at corner. This is only if we exhaust all other options of course. Hopefully Davis will emerge and become a good player(he certainally proved himself on special teams last year).

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
There's no question that Henry could play FS. He did it as a rookie and came away tied for the league lead with 10 interceptions. But I think he's more valuable to us as a corner.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cml750 said:
WIth all the talk about how well Henry tackles, I was thinking maybe he could possibly man the FS spot with A. Glenn starting at corner. This is only if we exhaust all other options of course. Hopefully Davis will emerge and become a good player(he certainally proved himself on special teams last year).

No way No how IMO.

You don't pay a guy that much money to play FS and you don't move one of your best CBs to FS.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
cml750 said:

No CB is a bit more important of a position and Henry looked very good manning that CB spot. We are going to see a lot of 3 WR set so we need each starting CB that we currently have. If Dallas feels the need to go out and get a FS great but don't weaken 1 position to try and fix another.

Smith22

Reaction score
I'm with BP, for the money we are paying him, play him at CB.

Duane

Reaction score
Yes he could but no he won't. FS's are a dollar a dozen while quality starting corners aren't.

Can you really imagine the 5'9 Glenn coving Burass and TO? Man just the thought of that gives me chills. Henry is a sold 6'1 200pds and he'll need every bit of it to muscle, fight and cover those guys.

cml750

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
No way No how IMO.

You don't pay a guy that much money to play FS and you don't move one of your best CBs to FS.

I only brought it up because nobody seems to be stepping up for the job and we have A. Glenn on the roster.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I'm sure Henry could play FS but when we have finally gotten our CB problems fixed why would we want to take a guy who looked like a beast at CB and move him to the much less critical position and move a 12 year vet to the starting CB position? And what does that do to your nickel packages? We are much better off keeping what we have than to go moving Henry around IMO.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cml750 said:
I only brought it up because nobody seems to be stepping up for the job and we have A. Glenn on the roster.

Nothing wrong with bringing up the idea....just adding my 2 cents and answering the question from my point of view.

I just don't see it happening.

:cool:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
cml750 said:

CB is alot more important than FS...Henry is too good a CB and has the ability to match up well with bigger WR's...so, no, you wouldnt move him to FS

David

jsond

Reaction score
Maybe towards the end of his career but he is way too valuable to us now at CB, where he is getting CB money. But he was one of the few bright spots saturday night.

ratpower

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
CB is alot more important than FS...Henry is too good a CB and has the ability to match up well with bigger WR's...so, no, you wouldnt move him to FS

David

Ditto...nice to see two corners that can tackle too...

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
No way No how IMO.

yeah but if he started at FS and was raking in 10 picks a year id say the money was worth it

jimmy40

Reaction score
cml750 said:
A. Glenn is not a starting corner in this league anymore. I saw him used and abused too many times with the Texans. Good backup, just don't want him starting.

ghst187

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
No way No how IMO.

I think if he plays FS to the level Ed Reed plays it....and 10 int's would put him there.....well the money might be justified....

dallasfan31

Reaction score
i think can play fs but i think henry should stay at corner a big corner. i konw we want to see aaron glenn play a lot and start. glenn going play like a started i think

NeOn_KoWbOy_88

Reaction score
you could, but with teams getting better at using there TE and HB and there depth at WR you need to have more then 2 cb's, and the way the TE and HB positions are the TE are bigger and faster then most safetys (Tony Gonalaz, Alge, J.W.) and hbs are catching alot more (L.T., Bryan Westbrook, Fualk), so i would rule it out, just my thought tho

Etonicas

Reaction score
Duane said:
Yes he could but no he won't. FS's are a dollar a dozen while quality starting corners aren't.

While I agree that Henry will and should stay at CB, it's funny you say FS's are a dollar a dozen. If there were as many FS's out there with some talent as you say there are, we wouldn't be asking this question, right? :cool:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
No way No how IMO.

Amen....FS's are not nearly as important as CB's.