Could henry play FS?

Duane

Reaction score
Etonicas said:
While I agree that Henry will and should stay at CB, it's funny you say FS's are a dollar a dozen. If there were as many FS's out there with some talent as you say there are, we wouldn't be asking this question, right? :cool:
This was a just figure of speech to show that FS's are a lot easier, and cheaper, to find that quality corners.

I think this year's class of free agent FS's is the prime example of that. There were several guys available this year that would have been an upgrade but we passed - Dwight Smith, Sharper, etc... Even some of the UDRFAs could have filled the bill.

I also think a lot of this has to do with us always wanting to develop from within first. If you look at our recent history we always go young guy on the roster, then cheap FA to fix our problems. After that blows up in our face we go get someone else. A prime example is what happened with RG and CB last year. :)

Jubei

Reaction score
I have also thought the same thing, and I think Henry would be great at FS in certain situations, and as for the comments on we are paying for him to play CB, I dont care about that, we are paying him to play for us and sort out our secondary. However, im sure Henry will stay at corner, but I would love to see him playing FS in certain situations along with Aaron Glenn playing FS when coverage was needed, which as we will see this season Henry isnt perfect at.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
if he'd be willing to give some money back, i'm sure Jerry would see about FS.

DayOne1960

Old School D
Reaction score
Outlaw Heroes said:
There's no question that Henry could play FS. He did it as a rookie and came away tied for the league lead with 10 interceptions. But I think he's more valuable to us as a corner.

I agree with you. We need him as a corner well before we need him as a safety.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
cml750 said:
WIth all the talk about how well Henry tackles, I was thinking maybe he could possibly man the FS spot with A. Glenn starting at corner. This is only if we exhaust all other options of course. Hopefully Davis will emerge and become a good player(he certainally proved himself on special teams last year).

sure why not he CAN play FS, will no should he no will BP let him no.

CoCo

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
You dont pay a FS that kind of money unless its Ed Reed

Come final cutdowns I expect we will have all of the following on our roster.

Newman (CB)
Glenn (CB)
Frazier (CB)
Davis (FS)
Roy (SS)
Henry (CB/FS)
misc others...

We'll be paying them all, right?

Assuming Henry CAN play either position, wouldn't you take your collective 4 best players and put them on the field together? If the collective 4 best are Newman, Glenn, Henry & Roy, NOT putting them out there because Henry makes too much $$ for a FS makes absolutely no sense.

That "too much money for that position" argument only holds water when you are building your roster. Once its built its a moot point.

If you think the fear of Glenn at CB vs tall WR's is of greater concern than having Davis at FS, so be it. But it won't be about $$ when the final roster is set.