Could it be?

50cent

Reaction score
Starting monday, he will have to face LA and Rivera at full speed for 4 weeks. He consistently blows by the rest of our linemen. There aren't many teams with OGs that can compare to ours. He'll most likely have Ware at his side on passing siuations. I'm going to give you a Nors! Chris Canty will be the DROY. Sorry Ware, but you can take solice in the fact that your presence was a major part in his success.

Glover will mentor this guy and give him sublties about how to combat LAs (Other teams OGs as well)tactics. He is the Kevin Williams BP wanted and he got Ware, Burnett, & Spears in the package as well. Doomsday just got alittle closer to a return.

50cent

Reaction score
Yep and I'm going to stick by them. He was a low draft pick that will se lots of action. All the cards are in his favor starting monday.

dallasblue05

Reaction score
I think the guy has a lot of natural talent, but remember, we are still less than a week into camp. Just because we arent hearing these inflated reports of Spears or Ware doesnt mean they arent doing just as well......it is expected of them, from Canty, however, maybe a little of a surprise. I say we will know soon enough what our chances look like.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Well Canty could be DROY except for one thing. He won't be the best rookie DL on our team.

50cent

Reaction score
dallasblue05 said:
I think the guy has a lot of natural talent, but remember, we are still less than a week into camp. Just because we arent hearing these inflated reports of Spears or Ware doesnt mean they arent doing just as well......it is expected of them, from Canty, however, maybe a little of a surprise. I say we will know soon enough what our chances look like.
I'm not saying Ware or Spears aren't preforming well in practice, nor am I saying that what your saying. However, with his fimiliarity with the system and the fact that he practices against 2 pro-bowl guards everyday, how can he not get better? He'll also make LA that much better once he get settled into a grove at full speed. I fully expect Ware and Spears to shine, but he has a leg up(pun intended) on them, because they are new to the 3-4.

50cent

Reaction score
JDSmith said:
Well Canty could be DROY except for one thing. He won't be the best rookie DL on our team.
I'm not so sure about that JD. He was considered a first rounder before the injury. I don't know as well as anypne else, how high of a grade he would have garnered if not for the injury.

JDSmith

Reaction score
50cent said:
I'm not saying Ware or Spears aren't preforming well in practice, nor am I saying that what your saying. However, with his fimiliarity with the system and the fact that he practices against 2 pro-bowl guards everyday, how can he not get better? He'll also make LA that much better once he get settled into a grove at full speed. I fully expect Ware and Spears to shine, but he has a leg up(pun intended) on them, because they are new to the 3-4.

For Ware that might matter, he's going to have more responsibilities as a LB. For Spears it'll be largely irrelevent IMO. He'll engage blockers and break up plays, he won't have to read and react much. So I don't think it's going to slow Spears much, if at all.

50cent

Reaction score
JDSmith said:
For Ware that might matter, he's going to have more responsibilities as a LB. For Spears it'll be largely irrelevent IMO. He'll engage blockers and break up plays, he won't have to read and react much. So I don't think it's going to slow Spears much, if at all.
True, but does Spears have the experience with pass rushing moves from the DE spot in the 3-4 that Canty does? I'm not saying that Canty is any better than Spear, but when it comes to sacks and tackles for loses, I just think Canty will do better. Those are the beauty contest stats that everyone looks at anyway! Spears will play his role fine and I wouldn't be mad at all if I'm wrong if Spears or Ware wins it either. But, I'm going with Canty!

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
For him to be ROTY, he would have to beat out Ellis full time. Those are big words in themselves - Ellis is no scrub.

50cent

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
For him to be ROTY, he would have to beat out Ellis full time. Those are big words in themselves - Ellis is no scrub.
No he doesn't, he just has to produce in the situations he's placed in. Didn't Suggs win DROY in a part time position? Yes, he did.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
50cent said:
No he doesn't, he just has to produce in the situations he's placed in. Didn't Suggs win DROY in a part time position? Yes, he did.

But Suggs was playing Ware's position, not Canty's. Canty is a true 5-tech. If he gets the sack production at that position that Suggs did at his, not deserves not only ROTY, but DPOY.

Duane

Reaction score
Wonder when the last time a 3-4 DE splitting time won the DROY?

50cent

Reaction score
Crown Royal said:
But Suggs was playing Ware's position, not Canty's. Canty is a true 5-tech. If he gets the sack production at that position that Suggs did at his, not deserves not only ROTY, but DPOY.
What does Canty playing the 5 tech have to do with anything. If he produces, he produces. Last I checked the DROY doesn't go to OLBs every year. Are you saying OLBs only deserve to win DROY with 9plus sacks?

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
50cent said:
What does Canty playing the 5 tech have to do with anything. If he produces, he produces. Last I checked the DROY doesn't go to OLBs every year. Are you saying OLBs only deserve to win DROY with 9plus sacks?

No - I'm saying your expectations are through the roof if you expect a 3-4DE splitting time to produce on the level of an OLB/DE hybrid.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I do have a wierd sorta feeling that in our deep draft... somebody will outperform one of our higher picks. I wouldn't be surprised if Canty had a big year.

50cent

Reaction score
Duane said:
Wonder when the last time a 3-4 DE splitting time won the DROY?
I don't know, but I do know this. Suggs won it only starting one game and Peppers won it even with a 4 game susp. So, splitting time with Ellis won't hender him from winning it. Oh yeah and those 2 won them in consecutive years, so the voters won't hold it against him either, if he produces.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
50cent said:
I don't know, but I do know this. Suggs won it only starting one game and Peppers won it even with a 4 game susp. So, splitting time with Ellis won't hender him from winning it. Oh yeah and those 2 won them in consecutive years, so the voters won't hold it against him either, if he produces.

But both Suggs and Peppers are speed rushers. The glamour position.

Canty may very well have a great year but in the 3-4, the DE is not a glamour position, so the chances that he'll make the voters take notice of his tackles is slim.

More power to ya on the prediction though.

50cent

Reaction score
Any position that produces is a glamour position. I just feel he will cause all hell in the backfield.