Could Jerry hire a minority coach if Garrett is fired?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With all the mess this team is going thru right now, jerry's biggest concern has to be the off color joke that just came out. If we don't turn it around look for Jerry to try and make amends by hiring a minority coach. I'm a minority but I don't think my resume will get me the job. Who would you pursue. Me, the Penn St. coach.
Of course, I hope that we run the table and win the SB and don' have to hire a new coach.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
With all the mess this team is going thru right now, jerry's biggest concern has to be the off color joke that just came out. If we don't turn it around look for Jerry to try and make amends by hiring a minority coach. I'm a minority but I don't think my resume will get me the job. Who would you pursue. Me, the Penn St. coach.
Of course, I hope that we run the table and win the SB and don' have to hire a new coach.

Are u Latino?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

You may wanna rethink this thread. It makes little or sense .......Reaction to Jerry's so-called insensitive racial remark/joke says more about the media than the minority community. I've talked to a few.......they either didn't have a problem with the joke or Jerry's apology closed the issue.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You may wanna rethink this thread. It makes little or sense .......Reaction to Jerry's so-called insensitive racial remark/joke says more about the media than the minority community. I've talked to a few.......they either didn't have a problem with the joke or Jerry's apology closed the issue.
I agree with you, he is very well liked and I dont think he is one bit racist. I met him a couple of times and he is a very cool cat. But, Jerry worries about his business image. Maybe it's just me wishing we get a new coach.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Ranching is a stand up poster, by no means is he even under the delusion we are getting on a new coach by skin color only. And even if it goes that way, i would personally assume the league pressured him more than Jerry at this stage in his life is worried what a bunch of people think of his image now. 20 years ago yes. today as old as he is, no.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I agree with you, he is very well liked and I dont think he is one bit racist. I met him a couple of times and he is a very cool cat. But, Jerry worries about his business image. Maybe it's just me wishing we get a new coach.

IMO 2019 may be the earliest of that happening or maybe not. Both coordinators contracts are signed through 2018. Regardless of what happens this year, IMO injuries and Zeke issues gets the coaches a pass. Next year not so much but then again review Garrett record since 2013. Notice a pattern........2013 (8-8) 2014 (12-4) 2015 (4-12) 2016 (13-2) 2017 (?). He follows a losing season ( firing) with a killer.
Other words, if we finish 2017 with a losing record, don't be surprised to see 2018 as Super Bowl contender.........

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ranching is a stand up poster, by no means is he even under the delusion we are getting on a new coach by skin color only. And even if it goes that way, i would personally assume the league pressured him more than Jerry at this stage in his life is worried what a bunch of people think of his image now. 20 years ago yes. today as old as he is, no.
You are correct, just a little food for thought!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry likes bringing in players from past teams. Heck he has Miles Austin over there holding up personal cards on the sidelines.

So bring in Ken Norton Jr. to be the DC, or even HC.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO 2019 may be the earliest of that happening or maybe not. Both coordinators contracts are signed through 2018. Regardless of what happens this year, IMO injuries and Zeke issues gets the coaches a pass. Next year not so much but then again review Garrett record since 2013. Notice a pattern........2013 (8-8) 2014 (12-4) 2015 (4-12) 2016 (13-2) 2017 (?). He follows a losing season ( firing) with a killer.
Other words, if we finish 2017 with a losing record, don't be surprised to see 2018 as Super Bowl contender.........
We need to hire Garrett every other year!

TheHerd

Reaction score

I'd be willing to put together a montage of your posts and send the resume in to Jerry. You would be a HUGE upgrade.