Could Kneeland see more time than Sam Williams?

kskboys

Reaction score
Williams has had his share of mistakes, but I would not categorize him as being low IQ, a moron, or stupid.
He has had his share of nice plays, but I would not say he is great, a beast or the next LT.
He has shown the ability to play the game and I do not expect greatness at every single position on the team.
Yeah, it's not that so much brains as that he lacks instincts. Some players can develop instincts, some can't. I'm more worried about his attitude, as he was known to not be a hard worker or finisher.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
The expectations for a 2nd rounder is to be a starter and bigger contributor than special teams. He has not and his role slowly been diminished. Is it physical? Or mental?
Neither. He had Lawrence, Amstrong, Fowler, etc. ahead of him with either time with Dallas or other teams, or both.
And Parsons played DE most of the time.

Williams had to wait his turn.

Maybe we'll see him more on the field this year.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Neither. He had Lawrence, Amstrong, Fowler, etc. ahead of him with either time with Dallas or other teams, or both.

Maybe. I expected him to be ahead of Armstrong and fowler. Perhaps he was. And lack of play on that side, the more i.portant of the two DE positions forced Parsons to DE.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Williams screams "mental bust". All the talent in the world, but he just keeps making stupid plays and the coaches can't trust him. If you sack the QB on 3rd down, and then run into the punter on 4th down, the team is worse off than if you'd just been benched for both plays.

The door may be open for Kneeland to take snaps. I don't think he's ready, but I don't think Williams is very ready either.
A voice of reason. Thanks.

kskboys

Reaction score

No, he had to earn his turn. He didn't.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
No, he had to earn his turn. He didn't.
Don't agree, but even if so, he can't just play as good as the players ahead of him, he has to play better.

Parsons had 14 sacks, Armstrong 7.5 sacks. Cowboys are not going to place Williams in the game more above those players. With limited snaps, how is Williams supposed to earn his way into the starting lineup anyway?

I'll be very interested to see how he does this year with our new DC....