Could Romo have been back sooner?

bb721

Reaction score
They said he could start practicing next week, so does that mean he couldve been back for the eagles game?
If so, why put him on ir? IF he couldve came back, then this could be a big mistake by our staff, that may cost us a playoff spot.... nobody they added on our roster was worth putting him on Ir.

The way IR-Designated to return works is that you are ALLOWED to practice two weeks before coming off of IR, that's not the same as saying you are healthy enough to play in a game, or even fully participate in practice. I doubt he will do much more than light throwing next week.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
If is able to practice next week, then why not the eagles game?

Practising vs getting hit in a real game are not the same. He will be back this week doing cardio its not like he is ready to really test that clavicle just yet.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It takes 6 weeks for the bone to heal and having already gone through this, Romo and the staff agreed he would need two weeks after the bone is healed to get ready to play. That's 8 weeks, folks. There was no mistake by putting Romo on IR to return. The fake controversy BS needs to stop.

Wood

Reaction score
From what I've heard he hasn't even been throwing a football. No way he would've played next week.

actually Garrett said he saw him throwing and he looked great. You have to remember his injury is on his non throwing side.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
No. Broken mine 2x(playing FB). Took over 2 years to feel right the 1st time and 14 months the 2nd time. While the bone may heal, it is still painful to do some things (like pushups).

Same here, only once due to cycling bike crash. Had to watch any type of pressure for a long time

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They said he could start practicing next week, so does that mean he couldve been back for the eagles game?
If so, why put him on ir? IF he couldve came back, then this could be a big mistake by our staff, that may cost us a playoff spot.... nobody they added on our roster was worth putting him on Ir.

He is a QB and the injury was to his not-throwing side. He does not get hit in practice.

If he played another position, he would not be practicing yet.

He probably could have played in a game already if the opponents had promised not to hit him. I'm sure they could have given him a pain killer injection just to be able throw the ball but those mean ole defenses just won't promise to let him throw the ball without getting hit.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
It takes 6 weeks for the bone to heal and having already gone through this, Romo and the staff agreed he would need two weeks after the bone is healed to get ready to play. That's 8 weeks, folks. There was no mistake by putting Romo on IR to return. The fake controversy BS needs to stop.

Ding Ding Ding winner winner chicken dinner /thread

popp1234

Reaction score
Team used the IR to return to make sure he was healed and wasn't rushed back in.
Without surgery some can return as early as 6 weeks, but chances to injure it again, more likely, but not always an issue. 7 weeks is better of course, but 8 weeks is assured injury not likely, as if it is, it's most likely an entire new injury.

So to be 100%, they used the IR, as not to be tempted to put him in sooner.

And I thought they used it so he wouldn't take up a roster spot while he was rehabbing. Silly me...