Could somebody explain to me why this team drafted a TE in the 2nd round?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
they feel like they can fix everyone and everything, I guess because of the star on the logo they think everything will workout in their favor
Well they think they are smarter than the rest of the world !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
They think that because they are billionaires. They have to be genius or they wouldnt have made all that money!
plus being scrooges they love bargains, and things on sale, that they can get cheap and somehow fix them or make them great.
Gregory and Jaylon are classic examples, and bossman fat is a funny example. Those picks along with the tacos lol were all wasted stupidly.

Belichik would never have drafted any of those guys.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Why would you say that? He looks like he can be a decent player.
Decent is be the best we can hope for. He won’t see a second contract with the team. I wish we could trade him in for someone else and the Cowboys are probably wishing the same thing.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
We continuously have to hear how great this team drafts, yet they never fix the glaring issues like DL, LB and being able to stop the run. The same garbage that’s been killing them for years.
They dont have the right strategy or philosophy, and it is changing all the time.
They hit on some guys, and that makes them look better than they are.

Also if they used FA better try some higher priced guys. And if they get a lemon in draft, just cut them ,move on.

as you say they refuse to fix certain areas, people here have clamored for a big DT to clog the middle for over a decade, and nothing
till mazi , and then they tell him to lose weight ??????? LOL

It is the arkansas hillbilly show!!!!

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Well they think they are smarter than the rest of the world !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
They think that because they are billionaires. They have to be genius or they wouldnt have made all that money!
plus being scrooges they love bargains, and things on sale, that they can get cheap and somehow fix them or make them great.L
Gregory and Jaylon are classic examples, and bossman fat is a funny example. Those picks along with the tacos lol were all wasted stupidly.

Belichik would never have drafted any of those guys.
LOL it just makes me feel so much better that I'm not alone in my opinions on this once great franchise.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
why this team drafted a tight end in the second round. That ruined the whole draft for me. Could have gotten a linebacker or an offensive lineman, positions of need. I just didn't get it. Please let me know your opinion on this.
They weren't sure what they had in Jake Ferguson yet.

They were also embarrassed when Buffalo jumped in front of them for Dalton Kincaid, so they reached like heck for Schoonmaker (see also Kelvin Joseph in the 2021 draft). Then, and this is next-level narrative-driven craziness, they pretended they never wanted Kincaid, even though they told him and his agent he would be the pick if he was there, and again they panicked and drafted Schoonmaker at 58, having missed out on the run of TE's (Kincaid at 25, Sam LaPorta at 34, Michael Mayer at 35, and Luke Musgrave at 42).

Big_D

Reaction score
They dont have the right strategy or philosophy, and it is changing all the time.

Also if they used FA better try some higher priced guys. And if they get a lemon in draft, just cut them ,move on.

as you say they refuse to fix certain areas, people here have clamored for a big DT to clog the middle for over a decade, and nothing

Not them.. they get a lemon in the draft and give him a long term deal. Even better if he has a broken leg or torn Achilles or plantar fasciitis. He just met the requirement and earned himself an extension!

Flamma

Reaction score
We continuously have to hear how great this team drafts, yet they never fix the glaring issues like DL, LB and being able to stop the run. The same garbage that’s been killing them for years.
LOL!!! Every time we go up against a playoff team that beats us, they run it down our throats. It's every time!

rambo2

Reaction score

We will see what happens. They very well could win 12 games again this year and if they do that, they could advance in the playoffs

JustChip

Reaction score
How could they not know? We all did on this little message board.
Yeah, and if Ferguson goes down in training camp, who do you have? Hendershot was the only other roster TE at the time of the draft and he is limited. Hindsight is 20/20, but the need was definitely there at draft time.

And before fans write off Schoonmaker, remember that Schultz was almost universally criticized on here his first year. The book on him coming out of Stanford was he was a blocking TE with suspect receiving skills.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
LOL!!! Every time we go up against a playoff team that beats us, they run it down our throats. It's every time!
We will see what happens. They very well could win 12 games again this year and if they do that, they could advance in the playoffs

Yeah, and if Ferguson goes down in training camp, who do you have? Hendershot was the only other roster TE at the time of the draft and he is limited. Hindsight is 20/20, but the need was definitely there at draft time.

And before fans write off Schoonmaker, remember that Schultz was almost universally criticized on here his first year. The book on him coming out of Stanford was he was a blocking TE with suspect receiving skills.
Well it turned out that Schultz was an average receiver and a lousy blocker. I was never much impressed with Schultz.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What did you expect? Who did you want to take targets away from?
He could have been taking targets away from Ferguson had he performed well in camp and when given opportunities during the season. Ferguson won the number one TE job going away. John Stephens was outperforming Schoonmaker in camp until he was injured. One publication gave Schoonmaker the worst grade of any of our rookies in camp last summer.