Could somebody please tell me how much Cap Cabbage we have left?

1Ware1

Reaction score
I was wanting to know,to see how much cash we have left to sign a kicker,and maybe a linebacker or even a Charles Woodson maybe?:starspin :laugh1: :starspin

burmafrd

Reaction score
I think we have around 7 million left. Owens will cost us 6.67 million, Fabini will only cost us around 1.5, and Aye about the same. Kosier as well. We started with 23 million- but need to hold about 3 of that back for rookies.
SO it was at 20: factor in our other signings.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
I think we have around 7 million left. Owens will cost us 6.67 million, Fabini will only cost us around 1.5, and Aye about the same. Kosier as well. We started with 23 million- but need to hold about 3 of that back for rookies.
SO it was at 20: factor in our other signings.

Adam is hard at work right now,, I can just imagine the scene,, pencil in hand, delegintly scratching away at the numbers, piles of papers and cap figures stacked on the desk.....

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
burntricersx said:
4 dollars and 52 cents. :showme:

Post of the Month.....:lmao2: :lmao2:

That aside. I would like to think we get some long term deals done with some of our 3 plus year younger players. Get them extended and locked into the future.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
I still think that it's around 14-15mil. with the cuts that we've done. Still plenty to get a kicker and a FS then go to the draft and have some in case of injury during training camp/preseason.

(Our rookie pool has already been accounted for)

watertown

Reaction score
we have 11.75 million left or more than 26 teams after t owens and before doing anything with Larry Allen

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
watertown said:
we have 11.75 million left or more than 26 teams after t owens and before doing anything with Larry Allen

that seems pretty low,, is that with the rookie pool already taken out?? Or do we need to take it out,, which leaves around 8 million to spend?

watertown

Reaction score
Cowboy4ever said:
that seems pretty low,, is that with the rookie pool already taken out?? Or do we need to take it out,, which leaves around 8 million to spend?
with the no,s I have that would be with the 3 million taken out for the draft picks I think I am close but I will wait for Adam to verify[even though I think I am getting pretty good at this cap thing]

texastwister

Reaction score
Johnson on inside, but he's looking out

Victim of 'business decision' studies his options

By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News

IRVING – Keyshawn Johnson's locker remains inside Valley Ranch, but the veteran receiver is preparing to make visits to a number of other teams this week.

Cut last week before he was due a $1 million roster bonus, Johnson didn't close the door on returning to the Cowboys, even after the addition Saturday of Terrell Owens.

"I'm just going to play football for my new team," Johnson said. "Are the Dallas Cowboys in the picture? They are. If it's not them, it's not them. No love lost. It's a business decision. I don't understand why people don't know that."

When told that Owens will receive $10 million this year, Johnson said, "Wow. Now you understand why they couldn't keep me."

Fabini signs three-year deal: Lost amid the Owens hoopla Saturday was the signing of Jason Fabini, who will have a chance to be the Cowboys' starting right tackle this season.

Fabini signed a three-year deal that included a $1.75 million signing bonus. He could make up to $7.5 million over the length of the deal if he hits certain incentives.

Fabini missed the last seven games last season for the New York Jets with a torn pectoral muscle, but he said that he is healthy.

Rosenhaus has his day: Drew Rosenhaus has been cast as the evil agent in the Owens saga, but he was all smiles Saturday as he sat next to Owens. Rosenhaus represents more than 90 players, but Owens is his only Cowboy. He said seven teams contacted him about Owens but that the Cowboys were the most ardent of the suitors.

"I just like to do a good job for my client," Rosenhaus said. "There's always pressure to get the best deal I can for my guys. That's why they hire me. A lot of people took shots at me publicly. That's OK. I can deal with that."

Roster needs remain: The Cowboys have filled holes on the offensive line, at receiver and at linebacker. But the team still has needs at safety and kicker as free agency enters its third week.

The Cowboys have a little more than $11 million in salary-cap room. The 2006 cap numbers for the six players signed – guard Kyle Kosier, linebacker Akin Ayodele, tight end Ryan Hannam, guard Andre Gurode, Owens and Fabini – equal $12.4 million.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
texastwister said:
The Cowboys have a little more than $11 million in salary-cap room. The 2006 cap numbers for the six players signed – guard Kyle Kosier, linebacker Akin Ayodele, tight end Ryan Hannam, guard Andre Gurode, Owens and Fabini – equal $12.4 million.
Everybody note that!!!

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
We will have more once Larry Allen gets cut.

the savings from cutting LA could fund the entire Rookie class of 2006. Something to think about.

texastwister

Reaction score
Sad to say but either LA needs a huge paycut or he needs to be cut. He is not the player he once was in the money we are paying him. We could use that money to improve the depoth at LB and K