Could there be hold outs this off season?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Does anyone foresee any holdouts from players this off season? Dak, Ceedee especially. If so, how does that affect us in trying to get ready for the season. Does a deal get done, or do we let it linger during the season. Workouts are starting soon yes they're voluntary, but eventually they'll be mandatory. In these days with money being the forefront of everything, and players wanting to reset the market for their position, I think teammates are more understanding and it's not an issue in the locker room. Please give your thoughts on this!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
They ain't no Emmitt Smith.
Emmitt smith held out several years ago, and got a HUGE contract from the cowboys, Jerry and Stephen got fleeced at the last minute. Now he's out of work, and they're talking about a reunion

lkelly

Reaction score
Emmitt smith held out several years ago, and got a HUGE contract from the cowboys, Jerry and Stephen got fleeced at the last minute. Now he's out of work, and they're talking about a reunion
ab2926a4-d9ce-4bcb-abc1-04c2bb541db9_text.gif

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
No.

Feels like a subject for August or September.
Yeah feels more like workouts start in August and September, or topics about other teams are for August and September see the Eagles post about their lineman being signed

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Does anyone foresee any holdouts from players this off season? Dak, Ceedee especially. If so, how does that affect us in trying to get ready for the season. Does a deal get done, or do we let it linger during the season. Workouts are starting soon yes they're voluntary, but eventually they'll be mandatory. In these days with money being the forefront of everything, and players wanting to reset the market for their position, I think teammates are more understanding and it's not an issue in the locker room. Please give your thoughts on this!!
Why would Dak holdout? He’s going to pay $50,000 per day to force the Cowboys to offer him a contract he doesn’t even want? He’s smarter than that. And his agent is smart enough to know if his clients are known to hold out they can be more difficult to negotiate for in the future. The plan is to become a free agent. A holdout can, under certain circumstances, prolong getting to the date that happens.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Why would Dak holdout? He’s going to pay $50,000 per day to force the Cowboys to offer him a contract he doesn’t even want? He’s smarter than that. And his agent is smart enough to know if his clients are known to hold out they can be more difficult to negotiate for in the future. The plan is to become a free agent. A holdout can, under certain circumstances, prolong getting to the date that happens.
yes but the reason there's so many threads on here etc etc is because he wants to be paid more. I'm hearing that may be an assumption, but based off his MVP like season, is 50 enough for him????

Cowboys93

Reaction score
I find it hard to care about anything at this point I’m kind of hoping the wheels completely fall off and we become a laughing stock because it will all be the doing of Jerry and Son

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
How about worrying about that in 2025 huh? Jeez.

Aven8

Reaction score
They need to get Lamb done already but are probably waiting on Minny to get Jefferson done first. They hate being first with anything, and they don’t want fans yelling at them when after they will have money to spend……

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's talk that CD might be holding out........................ ;)..........Good trade him for 1st and get a QB!