Could there be hold outs this off season?

75boyz

Reaction score
and every other owner in the league woul dbe doing the same. Why is it the Chiefs traded T Hill? Did they think his skills were eroding? Nope, he pretty much demanded it, and the owner caved. Why wouldnt they have kept Hill, and made him play out his contract?
Don't know about Hill. But I do know that the moment that ink dries on CD's second Cowboy contract, that the production level matching the paycheck, or lack thereof, will become reality once again.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Does anyone foresee any holdouts from players this off season? Dak, Ceedee especially. If so, how does that affect us in trying to get ready for the season. Does a deal get done, or do we let it linger during the season. Workouts are starting soon yes they're voluntary, but eventually they'll be mandatory. In these days with money being the forefront of everything, and players wanting to reset the market for their position, I think teammates are more understanding and it's not an issue in the locker room. Please give your thoughts on this!!
Communication is key here. They need to make it known to all the players and their agents that holdouts will not be rewarded. They don't plan to break the bank for anyone until 2025. Those who don't understand or disagree with this clear message can sit a year until they are a free agent.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Does anyone foresee any holdouts from players this off season? Dak, Ceedee especially. If so, how does that affect us in trying to get ready for the season. Does a deal get done, or do we let it linger during the season. Workouts are starting soon yes they're voluntary, but eventually they'll be mandatory. In these days with money being the forefront of everything, and players wanting to reset the market for their position, I think teammates are more understanding and it's not an issue in the locker room. Please give your thoughts on this!!
I can see CD. He has earned a new contract after last season. $17M 5th year option is nice, but why risk injury and $100M+???

Then they next question becomes can they sign him without freeing up more money?

Flamma

Reaction score
Based on how last season ended, I don't foresee any holdouts. Jerry is giving out that, what am I paying these guys for? vibe.

Flamma

Reaction score
I can see CD. He has earned a new contract after last season. $17M 5th year option is nice, but why risk injury and $100M+???

Then they next question becomes can they sign him without freeing up more money?
The answer to that last question is yes. Extending Lamb frees up money. It doesn't cost more.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
If you were a player....you saw how they caved to Martin....isn't a better time to try and squeeze some more money if you can get away with it. I used to blame the players greed....but the older I get....I can't blame the players....because they can get cut @ any moment.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If you were a player....you saw how they caved to Martin....isn't a better time to try and squeeze some more money if you can get away with it. I used to blame the players greed....but the older I get....I can't blame the players....because they can get cut @ any moment.
We will be subject to caving every time we don't have adequate depth. Just wait and see how CD owns GM Jethro.

If Jerry is not negotiating with him now he deserves to be exploited for his ignorance.

If CD is not reasonable then trade him before the draft. Otherwise GM Jethro will be held hostage again before the season starts.

Everyone seen what Martin did and it will be repeated.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
We will be subject to caving every time we don't have adequate depth. Just wait and see how CD owns GM Jethro.

If Jerry is not negotiating with him now he deserves to be exploited for his ignorance.

If CD is not reasonable then trade him before the draft. Otherwise GM Jethro will be held hostage again before the season starts.

Everyone seen what Martin did and it will be repeated.
Exactly.....

plasticman

Reaction score
Of course there can be.

Of course there will be.

A couple agents realize they have the ability to crush the Cowboy's season, thus bending Jerry to their will.

They will hold their clients out just long enough to turn the Cowboys cap into a giant I.O.U for half a decade while making sure those players can't learn anything they need to from a new coordinator going into the season.

And since we've seen what happens to a Cowboys player the first year after signing a huge contract, you can mark them as inconsequential for 2024.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Emmitt smith held out several years ago, and got a HUGE contract from the cowboys, Jerry and Stephen got fleeced at the last minute. Now he's out of work, and they're talking about a reunion
Emmitt was worth it. Without him, we don't win the Super Bowl.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Emmitt smith held out several years ago, and got a HUGE contract from the cowboys, Jerry and Stephen got fleeced at the last minute. Now he's out of work, and they're talking about a reunion
I wonder why we were 0-2 without Emmit Smith. Wasn't Troy in his prime back then? Hard to drive a buss without front wheel drive.

Chasing6

Reaction score
yes but the reason there's so many threads on here etc etc is because he wants to be paid more. I'm hearing that may be an assumption, but based off his MVP like season, is 50 enough for him????
Well Jethro would have to talk to him and find out.

After watching this off season, it would not be enough if I was him.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
CD might hold out....Dak and agent know better than that, he will get paid here or wherever..hopefully wherever. As for the Mouth from the South, he will wait til next offseason to complain, or demand to be traded.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
and every other owner in the league woul dbe doing the same. Why is it the Chiefs traded T Hill? Did they think his skills were eroding? Nope, he pretty much demanded it, and the owner caved. Why wouldnt they have kept Hill, and made him play out his contract?
The difference is that: Chiefs, Eagles, 49ers can evaluate and acknowledge a team can only 'afford' a certain number of elite contracts (and they better be able to play up to that contract).
Yep, sometimes you need to subtract, to add in other areas, but from that to happen you need to be able to evaluate on football (not financial) grounds. It's so maddening as it's coming from the franchise that traded Herschel.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Well Jethro would have to talk to him and find out.
They would of exchanged 'starting' positions when they agreed to the extra Void year.

If I were Jethro i'd be looking and talking to any trade partners.....tell them we've not cutting him and will play him out, but would listen to any offers.