Could we at least get Zeke back?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I have no idea who's available any more that won't cost a fortune, but if we'd bring in just an average thumper who is a good pass blocker and put Polly back in his natural role, our O would take a step up. I doubt if Luepke has the skillset to succeed in that role, but it'd be worth a shot to try it maybe?
It certainly would if I was callin plays. Find out what the kid can do.. A game like yesterday would have been the perfect time to do so. I would have been handing him the ball pretty much the entire 4th quarter.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We have Luekpe and refuse to run him up the middle. He is a big boy that could use his body to bang in the middle.

Cmac

Reaction score
Show em.

Doesn't change the fact Zeke is cooked.

The obsession with keeping/bringing back broken players is weird around here.
You may be right regarding Zeke.....but we're definitely viewing the featured back with the same OL, getting their YPC chopped down just as a quick as the trees falling in a Lumberjack competition.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He single handedly would alter its success in the red zone and in short yardage. And perhaps more importantly, he would beat up the defense so Pollard could return to what makes HIM special which is speed and quickness on the edges and in space. Even if it's not Zeke, this team needs that guy. And not having that guy is going to bite them in the arse sooner or later. At some point you have to be able to impose your will on the opponent. Right now the Cowboys can't do that.. Especially down in the red zone. Go watch Zeke's TD run against the Bills for reference. The blocking was terrible.. he was met at the three yard line by two guys and carried them both into the end zone. You're saying the Cowboys could not have used that about a dozen times already this season? I will respectfully disagree.
This is a fallacy. You can’t beat up a defense when the offense is getting stopped because they’re constantly in 2nd and 3rd and longs due to runs that don’t gain any yards.

Bringing in Zeke and handing him the ball 10 times a game at 3.9 ypc isn’t softening anything up.

He may provide some benefit in short yardage and goal line. That being said

1. Zeke didn’t accept the paycut the cowboys offered. We know this based on the fact his contract was not restructured and he ultimately was let go.

2. Since Zeke wouldn’t take the pay cut. Paying him 15 mil to be a short yardage back would be absolutely stupid.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Sorry to all those with Zeke jerseys. The pump and dump will not work. Pump up Zeke and get him to be a Cowboy and then dump the jersey on some fool for a decent price.

Zeke will get cut at the end of the year. The threads will then begin again to sign him. The sign-Zeke threads will probably go on for another 5 years or so. Maybe it is the hair that mesmerizes, maybe it is the eyes, maybe it is the bad boy image.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Sorry to all those with Zeke jerseys. The pump and dump will not work. Pump up Zeke and get him to be a Cowboy and then dump the jersey on some fool for a decent price.

Zeke will get cut at the end of the year. The threads will then begin again to sign him. The sign-Zeke threads will probably go on for another 5 years or so. Maybe it is the hair that mesmerizes, maybe it is the eyes, maybe it is the bad boy image.
Zeke cannot get cut at the end of the year. He signed a one year contract. Nice try though.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Zeke cannot get cut at the end of the year. He signed a one year contract. Nice try though.
Okay, he won't be cut (assuming he even lasts to the end of the year). He won't be resigned. Same result. He won't be asked to come back with New England.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Okay, he won't be cut (assuming he even lasts to the end of the year). He won't be resigned. Same result. He won't be asked to come back with New England.
I wouldn't be so sure. He has been the better of their two backs this year. Stevenson has really underwhelmed as a runner frankly. I think Zeke has been the leading rusher in 4 of their 7 games. Stevenson has been more productive as a receiver though but if Hunter Henry could quit holding on Zeke's best plays those numbers might look a lot different. Having that 76 yarder brought back last week was borderline criminal. Zeke has again shown himself to be a smart player on the field and a consummate teammate. Things Belichick absolutely values at a high level. He's also averaging almost a full yard more per carry than Stevenson.. Don't think that is going without notice up there. The problem is that New England's line absolutely stinks. So neither back has had much chance to show his stuff. Throw in Mac Jones being a joke of a passing threat and it's a wonder they get any yards.

Cmac

Reaction score
Show em.

Not me.....I'm just wondering if we're going to dismiss the drop in YPC by TPollard, even with minimal carries for a featured back. Same OL.

Flamma

Reaction score
Show em.

I don't get the infatuation fans have for certain players. The Zeke and Dak thing is not limited to the Cowboys. I see the same stuff going on with Justin Fields and Zach Wilson. For what? At least Zeke used to be good. Dak is halfway decent. I listen to the NY radio station and people are calling in defending Wilson. Ripping into the host. I just don't get it. Zeke for a 6th? I wouldn't want Zeke back if they gave us a 6th to take him.