Could we be hiring a run game coordinator?

_sturt_

Reaction score
Yes. We could.

In fact, given that Jerry's blowing smoke up our collective sphincter, even as we can plainly see he doesn't like anyone so well he wants to hire him to be OC yet, similar to how said smoke billowed before the Amari trade with his "clever" misdirection comments...

I'd even say it's likely.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the title of this thread is actually very telling. How many teams also have a passing game coord? Im guessing not many. There in lies the issue. STOP TRYING TO COMPLICATE THE GAME,ITS HARD ENOUGH ALREADY JERRAH. Hire the right coach darn it!!! Stop trying to peddle snake oil packaged as "a good thing."

_sturt_

Reaction score
How many teams also have a passing game coord? Im guessing not many.

Got to thinking about that.

And forgive me for only now realizing that one team and one team only is probably all it takes to persuade Cowboys HQ that they need to re-think how they've been doing things...

2019-01-22_2221.png

New working theory is that Nussmeier will be named the new run game coordinator if Campbell doesn't take the job, with of course Moore taking the passing game coordinator slot as suspected already.

And added to that...

Rational to think the conversation between Linehan and Garrett last week probably centered on whether Linehan would be open to one of those roles, or if he'd rather move on... that, the triumvirate had made their decision that this is to be the new framework... and he chose "b".

Last edited:

_sturt_

Reaction score
I think your going to get nussmier as running coordinator and Moore as passing game cordinator with Garrett calling some plays.

Overlooked your post until just now... but, parallel to my previous post, have to acknowledge you beat me to the thought.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Given some more thought... maybe shouldn't count out Rams RB coach Skip Peete as a candidate for a running game coord, what with him having some history working under Garrett.

I've wondered, as perhaps others have, if his brother Rodney wouldn't make for a pretty decent QB coach if he ever decided to pursue it.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Well we need to help Jason as much as we can.
QB. Coach/Dak coordinator.
Offensive coordinator.
Passing game coordinator.
Running game coordinator.
Electrical cord coordinator.
Play calling coordinator.
Clock and timeout coordinator.
Challenge flag coordinator.
Coin toss coordinator.
If he still can't get it done we'll get him a resume coordinator :lmao:

_sturt_

Reaction score
Interesting to me, maybe no one else, McVay doesn't have a TE coach.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Like how the defense is set up,with Richards taking the pass game,and Rod the line and run? But only with another calling the plays over them? That’s a lot of cooks in the kitchen. Callahan didn’t care for the weird set up on offense,so you’d need another Rod who doesn’t give a hoot long as he has his line.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Like how the defense is set up,with Richards taking the pass game,and Rod the line and run? But only with another calling the plays over them? That’s a lot of cooks in the kitchen. Callahan didn’t care for the weird set up on offense,so you’d need another Rod who doesn’t give a hoot long as he has his line.

Run game coordinator is offense.....

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Run game coordinator is offense.....
Yes,that’s what I mean. I’m just using our defense as the example,because it is set up in a split way,and Callahan because it was split for the offense and the reason he didn’t like it and bailed. Rod is just the type of “person” you need to make it work is what I’m saying.

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
The rams also have a coach that makes sure McVay doesn’t run into officials.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/am...la_rams_have_an_assistant_coach_whose_job_is/

Got to thinking about that.

And forgive me for only now realizing that one team and one team only is probably all it takes to persuade Cowboys HQ that they need to re-think how they've been doing things...

2019-01-22_2221.png

New working theory is that Nussmeier will be named the new run game coordinator if Campbell doesn't take the job, with of course Moore taking the passing game coordinator slot as suspected already.

And added to that...

Rational to think the conversation between Linehan and Garrett last week probably centered on whether Linehan would be open to one of those roles, or if he'd rather move on... that, the triumvirate had made their decision that this is to be the new framework... and he chose "b".

Rayman70

Reaction score
what about a "winning coordinator?" ….oh that's right, we have Garrett.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Me, I'm not attempting to endorse any particular system as-if I've ever been in that line of work and have some basis for favoring one system over another, or even understand the pros and cons to any degree that I would advocate or defend one over the other.

I'm just trying to figure out what might be going on in the thought process over there, based on what clues we have.

And, needless to say, when 3/4 of the finalists for the SB all have their head coaches calling plays, that's likely going to be part of the thought process.

And, needless to say, we have some fairly good clues that Moore is admired and is getting a new assignment, but that if it was the OC gig, there's no reason it wouldn't be done already.

And, needless to say, we just got beat by a team that is going to the Super Bowl whose framework/system appears to be one that fits with the clues that have emerged.