Could we be seeing Jimmy Johnson's input?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
JJ was a big believer in building from the trenches out. I’m sure Zimmer agrees with him. This could all be Jimmy’s influence. If so, I hope they listen more to him. Go Cowboys!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That may be true, but the Cowboys lost their starting center and starting left tackle, so drafting offensive linemen is not really limited to a "Jimmy Johnson" plan.

So far, it's hard to say any decisions the Cowboys have made this off-season have been influenced by Jimmy in any way.

Now, if the Cowboys move on from Dak next season, then you could look back and say Jimmy probably put the idea to reset the cap in 2024 in Jerry's mind and that led to them being silent during free agency and holding off on any of the Prescott, Lamb or Parsons extensions.

However, if the Cowboys extend Dak this season or next season then that it would be hard to say they did anything different than they always do except they went cheap in 2024 for some reason.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
JJ was a big believer in building from the trenches out. I’m sure Zimmer agrees with him. This could all be Jimmy’s influence. If so, I hope they listen more to him. Go Cowboys!
Jimmy would have told them to re-sign Tyron and Biadasz to give the draft picks a year to learn. The O-line is not going to look pretty with 2 raw rookies starting.

Big_D

Reaction score
You still have huge issues at DT. Thats not a good group there and I don’t see what they can get at this point to make it any better. It’s the bottom of the barrel there. Jimmy would’ve never ignored it the way this FO does. Getting a 1st rounder once in the past 2 decades is just pathetic.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You still have huge issues at DT. Thats not a good group there and I don’t see what they can get at this point to make it any better. It’s the bottom of the barrel there. Jimmy would’ve never ignored it the way this FO does. Getting a 1st rounder once in the past 2 decades is just pathetic.
What’s the date today?

Big_D

Reaction score
What’s the date today?
I don’t care. They’re in the 5th round of the draft and the bottom of the dumpster in FA. Nothing but scraps left on either front. What do you think they’re going to find between now and camp?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Lol ridiculous, Jimmy had absolutely no input in this off season or any season since he has left
Anytime anything happens with this franchise people try to attribute it to jimmy…lol. Dak not resigned ? Is it bc of jimmy, they draft an o line man? Is this jimmy?

People…LET……IT……GO. lol

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Jimmy also was more into having weapons first and foremost....would have gone RB in the 3rd with what is there now. And then also tried to move into the 4th round if there was someone he thought would help now. In other words, he had a sense of urgency... the future is now.... this FO...not so much. If this blows up in their face, there's always next year.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Those who think Jimmy Johnson has serious input in the operations of the current Dallas Cowboys also think Pro Wrestling is real... believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny... can't find a girlfriend...etc.

Cmac

Reaction score
After the draft?......is Jimmy supposed to become a Fall Guy too, by joining up as a consultant after the draft?

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Jimmy has had no input on anything. Idk where people are getting this

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Jimmy is not a paid employee of the cowboys organization. He has not had any input on the organization. He has not made any recommendations or any decisions on behalf of the jones. Idk where this is all coming from. People even said jimmy would be in the war room. He was not and never was going to be. He was Not even in the restroom at the star. It was all fake news and it needs to be clarified and said. Thank you

Jarntt

Reaction score
I doubt any of what we are doing is related to JJ. Maybe Jimmy told us to completely ignore FA too?