Could we be seeing Jimmy Johnson's input?

Irse

Reaction score
One thing that Jimmy Johnson said in his book is that he did not believe in drafting offensive linemen in the first round. He wanted guys that could score touchdowns or prevent touchdowns. Don't think he had much influence, especially in the first round.

conner01

Reaction score
Jimmy would have told them to re-sign Tyron and Biadasz to give the draft picks a year to learn. The O-line is not going to look pretty with 2 raw rookies starting.
Probably not Tyler but probably Tyron. Tyler isn’t good enough to give a second contract. Sign great players and churn the avg players

plymkr

Reaction score
JJ was a big believer in building from the trenches out. I’m sure Zimmer agrees with him. This could all be Jimmy’s influence. If so, I hope they listen more to him. Go Cowboys!
Hopefully!!! I said this in another thread. This seems to be more of a potato and gravy draft (Jimmy Johnson building the trenches) than a jersey sales draft (Jerry Jones window dressing)

Whether or not Jimmy had much to say I’m pretty excited we went with the trenches.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
If he has had an impact he's purposely sabotaging our team. Garbage draft...terrible off-season. 6 or 7 wins at best.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That may be true, but the Cowboys lost their starting center and starting left tackle, so drafting offensive linemen is not really limited to a "Jimmy Johnson" plan.

So far, it's hard to say any decisions the Cowboys have made this off-season have been influenced by Jimmy in any way.

Now, if the Cowboys move on from Dak next season, then you could look back and say Jimmy probably put the idea to reset the cap in 2024 in Jerry's mind and that led to them being silent during free agency and holding off on any of the Prescott, Lamb or Parsons extensions.

However, if the Cowboys extend Dak this season or next season then that it would be hard to say they did anything different than they always do except they went cheap in 2024 for some reason.
Good stuff...you should post more often.