Could we do ourselves a favor and stay at the 5 spot?

Yobwocs

Reaction score
I dunno. I'm not saying I'm afraid of the Rams and Packers.... but I'd much rather make them Philly's or Detroit's problem than ours.

The NFC South is the only division comprising of 4 pieces of turds.

Packers have some life. They're not a great team, but would anyone be surprised if they upset Detroit? And the Rams upsetting the Eagles would probably be seen as 50/50 if you poll everyone on this board.

I realize we're relinquishing our right to play at home, but.... maybe we'll get one home game even as a 5th seed. You never know. I don't think we'll get the 1 seed even if we do pull out the #2 seed. SF losing to Baltimore might not be enough. And if they do, will we stay undefeated the rest of the way? Miami, Detroit, and Washington look like 3 regressing teams but Buffalo is a lowkey AFC Championship game contender. If we beat Buffalo, doe - maybe we can start the watch party on Philly and SF's remaining games.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Get the 1 seed and keep home field advantage. Probably going to need to play SF at Dallas to have the best chance.

The Eagles are reeling. Another loss is possible.

The 49ers have Baltimore coming up. That is a bad match up for SF IMO.

Win out and hope for some help.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Dude.......with the way we are playing this is a problem every NFC team is asking/facing. How to avoid us....not the other way around. As of now, I'm confident, except the 49ers ( on their turf ) can beat every NFL team. This may sound a bit cocky and arrogant but it's the confidence I'm feeling.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
You didn’t think this through far enough

As the 5 seed, you will get the 1 seed after we wallop the 4 seed. That’s going to be @ SF most likely. I’d rather not play them in the divisional round. Give me them as late as possible. Nfccg
What makes you think Detroit and Philly will hold? One of those (if not both) I would bet good money would be upset. Which means we don't play SF next round.

Get the 1 seed and keep home field advantage. Probably going to need to play SF at Dallas to have the best chance.

The Eagles are reeling. Another loss is possible.

The 49ers have Baltimore coming up. That is a bad match up for SF IMO.

Win out and hope for some help.
If we get the 1 seed, then sure. But Im thinking maybe it's better being the #5 than the #2.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The ghost of playoffs past has our fans scared of the Cowboys playing the 49ers at their home. It will do the fans good to see the Cowboys beat the 49ers in Santa Clara. I believe we can do it. Granted, that matchup would be a worst-case scenario for our Cowboys but I believe exorcising that demon will allow the Cowboys to cross the threshold of being elite for years to come. This is how the dynasty of the '90s was born. Regularly beating teams that you haven't regularly beaten in the past is how you know your team has arrived at elite status. So I take the approach to take care of your own business and let the chips fall where they may. If that gives us a 1-seed and a first-round bye in the playoffs then embrace it. If it gives us a 5-seed then continue to take care of business. Do not fear any team.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Nah you want the 1 or even 2 seed. The 5 seed gives you a cupcake round 1 matchup but this teams goal shouldn’t be just to get past round 1. You need to think about how the divisional round shapes up and I’d much rather play a team like Detroit at home than go on the road to play SF/Philly. With the 2 seed you may even get lucky and get home field throughout.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Play and win our games and get who we get. We can't control anything other than our own performance levels, just focus on that.

( by we, I do of course mean the Dallas Cowboys. I am aware I do not play for the team)

LovinItAll

Reaction score
What makes you think Detroit and Philly will hold? One of those (if not both) I would bet good money would be upset. Which means we don't play SF next round.

If we get the 1 seed, then sure. But Im thinking maybe it's better being the #5 than the #2.
Fair for you to think whatever you want, but I don't see any upside to getting the five seed as opposed to the two seed, just the opposite. Not concerned about the Rams or the Packers at all if we're really that team, I would rather face SF in the NFCCG than before if we can make it through the Divisional Round.

HanD

Reaction score
I realize we're relinquishing our right to play at home, but.... maybe we'll get one home game even as a 5th seed.

So you're counting on winning against the NFC South champ, @sf and then hope for a wild card 6th or 7th seed to win two games? I don't see that as likely.

I know 3 wild cards is new but has there been two WC teams in the nfccg?

I do think the 5th seed is still most likely for us but rather win the division if possible. Id only rather be the 5th seed if det gets HFA and they've already thrown that away with bad loses lately.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
we’re pretty much locked into the 5 seed. At the least…. Closest team to us is 3 games back. Even if we lost the next three I still think we’d have it.

Obviously we’re gonna be fighting for playoff position to the end…. Even the 2 seed would be nice. But if not the last two games for us (at least that last Washington game) may not mean anything at all

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I dunno. I'm not saying I'm afraid of the Rams and Packers.... but I'd much rather make them Philly's or Detroit's problem than ours.

The NFC South is the only division comprising of 4 pieces of turds.

Packers have some life. They're not a great team, but would anyone be surprised if they upset Detroit? And the Rams upsetting the Eagles would probably be seen as 50/50 if you poll everyone on this board.

I realize we're relinquishing our right to play at home, but.... maybe we'll get one home game even as a 5th seed. You never know. I don't think we'll get the 1 seed even if we do pull out the #2 seed. SF losing to Baltimore might not be enough. And if they do, will we stay undefeated the rest of the way? Miami, Detroit, and Washington look like 3 regressing teams but Buffalo is a lowkey AFC Championship game contender. If we beat Buffalo, doe - maybe we can start the watch party on Philly and SF's remaining games.
I rather play a home game, than go on the road three times. has it been done? yes, but its hard. really hard. at #5 spot, lets say we go to NFC south team and win on the road, then we would probably have to play SF on the road. @ #2 spot (assuming we get that based on current standings), then we play the 7th seed. whomever squeeks in. I rather play a game at home, then if we end up playing #3 (detroit) or #6 seed, at home again.

so no, I don't want the 5th seed.

CWR

Reaction score
Play and win our games and get who we get. We can't control anything other than our own performance levels, just focus on that.

( by we, I do of course mean the Dallas Cowboys. I am aware I do not play for the team)
Anyone that gives you a hard time for using "we" on this fan board should be automatically placed on ignore. Lol

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Anyone that gives you a hard time for using "we" on this fan board should be automatically placed on ignore. Lol
I know, it's sad that I feel I have to place such a caveat on a post but that's where we are now.