Could we do ourselves a favor and stay at the 5 spot?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I dunno. I'm not saying I'm afraid of the Rams and Packers.... but I'd much rather make them Philly's or Detroit's problem than ours.

The NFC South is the only division comprising of 4 pieces of turds.

Packers have some life. They're not a great team, but would anyone be surprised if they upset Detroit? And the Rams upsetting the Eagles would probably be seen as 50/50 if you poll everyone on this board.

I realize we're relinquishing our right to play at home, but.... maybe we'll get one home game even as a 5th seed. You never know. I don't think we'll get the 1 seed even if we do pull out the #2 seed. SF losing to Baltimore might not be enough. And if they do, will we stay undefeated the rest of the way? Miami, Detroit, and Washington look like 3 regressing teams but Buffalo is a lowkey AFC Championship game contender. If we beat Buffalo, doe - maybe we can start the watch party on Philly and SF's remaining games.
3-3 on the road, 7-0 at home. You wanna play 3 road games in the playoffs?

pansophy

Reaction score
I'd take the 2 seed because then assuming all the top 3 seeds hold favor and win, and philly beats the NFC south team, they would go to philly and Detroit would come to Dallas.
Yeah I think 2nd seed is the easiest path. 1st seed would most likely mean we play the Eagles and then SF, though maybe the Lions make us think there are no easy paths.

Praxit

Reaction score
Dude.......with the way we are playing this is a problem every NFC team is asking/facing. How to avoid us....not the other way around. As of now, I'm confident, except the 49ers ( on their turf ) can beat every NFL team. This may sound a bit cocky and arrogant but it's the confidence I'm feeling.
Hawk, pass the eggnog. I'm also felling John Daniels confidant.

Praxit

Reaction score
3-3 on the road, 7-0 at home. You wanna play 3 road games in the playoffs?
Remember the 07' NYG? They went on the road, won every game from WC all the way to SB.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Dude.......with the way we are playing this is a problem every NFC team is asking/facing. How to avoid us....not the other way around. As of now, I'm confident, except the 49ers ( on their turf ) can beat every NFL team. This may sound a bit cocky and arrogant but it's the confidence I'm feeling.
My kind of fan! Salud, hermano! :flagwave:

GO COWBOYS!

R.e747ba1bfe5d1380b82af18d2ac9cec4

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I'd take the 2 seed because then assuming all the top 3 seeds hold favor and win, and philly beats the NFC south team, they would go to philly and Detroit would come to Dallas.
I'm kinda confused. Please excuse my ignorance on playoff seeding. I got lost in a Sinaloan jungle when I was 12 back in 1979 and was finally found in 1993. Hopefully you get that. Lol So sometimes my brain doesn't work. :huh:

Whose "They"? Everyone is either talking about the #1 seed or the #5 seed. So the #2nd seed picks my curiosity because I think this scenario is most likely to happen. I think? :D

What has the happen in order for that to happen and who do you think we would be playing?

I'm all ears...

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
I'm kinda confused. Please excuse my ignorance on playoff seeding. I got lost in a Sinaloan jungle when I was 12 back in 1979 and was finally found in 1993. Hopefully you get that. Lol So sometimes my brain doesn't work. :huh:

Whose "They"? Everyone is either talking about the #1 seed or the #5 seed. So the #2nd seed picks my curiosity because I think this scenario is most likely to happen. I think? :D

What has the happen in order for that to happen and who do you think we would be playing?

I'm all ears...
SF wins out, the Cowboys win out, but the Eagles drop one letting us win the division and get the 2 seed

conner01

Reaction score
Just go out and beat the team you face. Control what you control. In the end you play who you play and you have to beat them

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I know to get to the SB you have to face very good teams no way around it. We play who ever we play. If Cowboys play to their ability and can avoid penalties they can play with any team and beat them. Thing with post season is the margin for error is much smaller.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Remember the 07' NYG? They went on the road, won every game from WC all the way to SB.
I do remember them, unfortunately. But that's the exception, not the norm. If any team could benefit from playing at home in the playoffs this season it's the Cowboys.