Could Wentz be there at #4? Kaep to Browns Talk

conner01

Reaction score
Please stop.you think the cowboys are going to pass on Wentz?

Looking at what backup and journeyman qb's are getting in free agency a QB is looking mighty attractive to me
We are certainly going to need one soon do its give up a whole draft for the most part or buy what's on the market and those guys are bringing crazy money

IAmLegend

Reaction score
As I stated a couple weeks ago, I think both Wentz and Goff will be there at 4...And the Cowboys will take neither.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
So if Jerry is not blowing smoke and have no intention of taking a QB at #4, than Wentz and Goff will not be visitors to the ranch. If they are then.......who knows.

I imagine Wentz will interview at the ranch. If he would happen to fall into the 2nd rd (yeah, yeah, I know fat chance but stranger things have happened), I'm sure the Cowboys would take him. Also, if the Cowboys trade down in the 1st, they might consider Wentz.

But, yeah, keep an eye on who they interview.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or, this is something SF is pushing in advance of discussions with the Broncos.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Eitherway, Kaeperpick has somehow managed to shake things up at the top of this Draft.

If the Browns land him they pass on QB, and SanFran may take the 1st one off the board. Which would be Goff. So Wentz lands in L.A at 15 Overall. Sounds about rite to me. I'd even take Wentz outside of the top 10...maybe.

Hit up the Raidas #14 or the Aints# 12 on the draft phones. There should be a chance at Zeke there as well.

Last edited:

Dodger12

Reaction score
THe GM listens to the scouts and Stephen,otherwise he would have drafted JFF.

If that was the case Shariff Floyd would be a Cowboy as well. Jerry chose to listen to his newly hired DC rather than his scouts and TC (whom he later demoted). Jerry listens to the last guy to give him advice. It's a dysfunctional process.

superonyx

Reaction score
Rule #1 of CZ - never believe a single word that comes out of Jerry's mouth.

I used to believe this also. Until last year when Jerry said he felt good about the RB position. Round after round of the draft went by and each round I believed he would draft a RB. All the way until Jay Ajayi was drafted. Then I realized the old man was serious.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Cleveland swaps picks with SF maybe and gets Kap?

If so, maybe SF wants 1st dibs on the QB's in this draft? California kid in SF maybe?

Wentz may be there regardless?

I don't think we want a QB at #4 anyways but another team may want to move up and then we move down and maybe draft a Hargreaves?

Depending on if/how far we would trade down, then maybe Ezekiel Elliott?

Im torn. Id love to get Romo's replacement. But id much rather get him a ring, and EE fits the bill to bring us back to our 2014 dominance on the ground. I would give him ROY out of the gate behind this line

TonyS

Reaction score
I imagine Wentz will interview at the ranch. If he would happen to fall into the 2nd rd (yeah, yeah, I know fat chance but stranger things have happened), I'm sure the Cowboys would take him. Also, if the Cowboys trade down in the 1st, they might consider Wentz.

But, yeah, keep an eye on who they interview.

Seems to me that inviting Wentz to our facilities would be unnecessary due to our week of coaching him a few weeks ago. But, Jerry might like to show him the new showers he put in.

fffiasco

Reaction score
If that was the case Shariff Floyd would be a Cowboy as well. Jerry chose to listen to his newly hired DC rather than his scouts and TC (whom he later demoted). Jerry listens to the last guy to give him advice. It's a dysfunctional process.

So dysfunctional that we've drafted pro bowlers in 4 out of the last 6 first rounds with Byron jones looking to make it 5

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Put yourself in Kaepernick's shoes -- if you got to choose between being traded to either Cleveland or Denver, which would you select?

Before deciding, bear in mind that Cleveland is where QBs go to die -- also in Denver, support from surrounding players is much better.

With that in mind, it's fairly obvious that Cleveland will be extremely tempted to go with either Wentz or Goff to address their QB woes.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I hope so. I like Goff slightly more than Wentz because there has been talk that his understanding of reading defenses and understanding the QB position is superior to Wentz.

And where is this talk at? Sounds like bs to me.

rwalters31

Reaction score
And where is this talk at? Sounds like bs to me.

I used this in another thread but is appropriate here as well:
I think that Goff is an NFL ready QB that matches a team that does not have a starter now. However, that kind of team can ruin a potential good QB who ends out of the league quickly or ends up as a backup. Wentz is for a team that has a starter and can learn the NFL way and acclimate to the team approach and when it is his turn he is ready and produces big time. I believe that Wentz has more potential than Goff and in the long run will get the Cowboys into the playoffs more frequently. Now here comes the hard core reason to get a QB at #4. Romo is having another surgery and is having to recover again. He no longer is Houdini on extending plays, he was slow footed for his last injury, he is one injury from never playing again. If I was JJ I would give up the idea that Romo will be here for another 4 years and consider that Romo will not last the year (I give him four games and out). Now sitting on the bench is Wentz who has time to learn the system and watch a pro play QB. I like the chance that Wentz can handle the season like Romo use to do and win a lot of games. The following year Romo will be a coach and Wentz will be the next elite QB and lead the Cowboys to the SB. :thumbup::flagwave::clap::hammer::yourock:

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
I used this in another thread but is appropriate here as well:
I think that Goff is an NFL ready QB that matches a team that does not have a starter now. However, that kind of team can ruin a potential good QB who ends out of the league quickly or ends up as a backup. Wentz is for a team that has a starter and can learn the NFL way and acclimate to the team approach and when it is his turn he is ready and produces big time. I believe that Wentz has more potential than Goff and in the long run will get the Cowboys into the playoffs more frequently. Now here comes the hard core reason to get a QB at #4. Romo is having another surgery and is having to recover again. He no longer is Houdini on extending plays, he was slow footed for his last injury, he is one injury from never playing again. If I was JJ I would give up the idea that Romo will be here for another 4 years and consider that Romo will not last the year (I give him four games and out). Now sitting on the bench is Wentz who has time to learn the system and watch a pro play QB. I like the chance that Wentz can handle the season like Romo use to do and win a lot of games. The following year Romo will be a coach and Wentz will be the next elite QB and lead the Cowboys to the SB. :thumbup::flagwave::clap::hammer::yourock:

Ok, is this a write up from a scout or something or your opinion?