Twitter: Couple Baldy nuggets on Tyler

RS12

Reaction score
Do not discount the impact of Jason Peters on his game. He is learning from one of the best.
This. They watch film together and Peters gives him in game adjustments when necessary. If there is such a thing as a short cut to success, this might be one of em. If Peters retires, I want him on staff next year.

pitt33

Reaction score
I'm convinced the Cowboys have a cheat code when it comes to drafting OL in the first round. And, I've learned to never question their OL picks in the first ever again lol.
Yes sir.

For the last decade they are killing it.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
As good as he has been in almost every aspect of playing LT, my favorite thing about him is how many times I have noticed him downfield trailing the play looking for that extra block or pushing the pile forward for a few extra yards. He just doesn’t quit on plays. I’m waiting for him to get e key fumble recovery downfield late in a close game simply because he hustles and doesn’t quit. You know it’s coming!

reddyuta

Reaction score
he has been amazing for such a raw rookie but i keep noticing that he is almost always the last off the ball,is it because he is afraid of false starts?

Reactions: BAT

Jarntt

Reaction score
So quick with good feet and so strong. I can't wait to see him pulling as a Guard and playing next to Tyron if Tyron can get and stay healthy (well, no chance he "stays" healthy). He's going to absolutely maul some guys pulling out in front.

This kids going to hold down that LT spot starting next year or whenever and keep it for a long time.

Reactions: BAT

blueblood70

Reaction score
Look guys,

stop overreacting to anything said in the media, doesn't make it true.. the coaches have more power than you think on who plays and how much..Jerry may see that as great move and his feelings come out in interviews and recommend it but not before 77 proves hes in playing shape mentally and physically. Ie when hes released for full padded practice im bet hes not even activated or inserted as starter, let him come be the backup and if OT is struggling or injured, hes can come save the team. he and peters will be used much like this.. if 2-3 games later he seems back fully ready, maybe they shuffle the line. i mean December hes back at practice, 4 games to pay 2 weeks to fully ramp up , so hes back for the 3-game stretch of some tough games to end December, maybe they think about kicking Tyler inside..

I wouldn't do it but those state Best 5 , correct, weak link is LG , not bad but out of all of them, LG is the weakest. Makes sense IF TS77 is truly ready and not rushed back..

BTW many of you thought bringing Dak back was mistake lol Rush was better, remember. hmm might leave this up the coaches, Jerry will not have final game day active roster decisions...never has..

this place is not a good source for opinions on players and roster decisions.. i remember in PS before game 1 " a historically Bad off season, no depth, Jerrys making mistake ,7 wins max if we are lucky, didn't do enough to replace those cut or traded" remember that? I DO!!

Also, "How did Rush win the backup job, should be grier, should bring in another.. Dak goes down, same no way we have success without a trade for say JG, remember that" ..?? I remember all that noise. now Trade deadline more smack talk, we are still winning, Now its OBJ , Now TS77 uproar.. Umm we are 7-3, just destroyed MN in MN they were 8-1 and just beat the bills.

still not enough to trust the FO and coaches. id say it is...

this is the media and fans stirring up controversies. lets let it play out, discus it then, thats 3 weeks or more away,

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Look guys,

stop overreacting to anything said in the media, doesn't make it true.. the coaches have more power than you think on who plays and how much..Jerry may see that as great move and his feelings come out in interviews and recommend it but not before 77 proves hes in playing shape mentally and physically. Ie when hes released for full padded practice im bet hes not even activated or inserted as starter, let him come be the backup and if OT is struggling or injured, hes can come save the team. he and peters will be used much like this.. if 2-3 games later he seems back fully ready, maybe they shuffle the line. i mean December hes back at practice, 4 games to pay 2 weeks to fully ramp up , so hes back for the 3-game stretch of some tough games to end December, maybe they think about kicking Tyler inside..

I wouldn't do it but those state Best 5 , correct, weak link is LG , not bad but out of all of them, LG is the weakest. Makes sense IF TS77 is truly ready and not rushed back..

BTW many of you thought bringing Dak back was mistake lol Rush was better, remember. hmm might leave this up the coaches, Jerry will not have final game day active roster decisions...never has..

this place is not a good source for opinions on players and roster decisions.. i remember in PS before game 1 " a historically Bad off season, no depth, Jerrys making mistake ,7 wins max if we are lucky, didn't do enough to replace those cut or traded" remember that? I DO!!

Also, "How did Rush win the backup job, should be grier, should bring in another.. Dak goes down, same no way we have success without a trade for say JG, remember that" ..?? I remember all that noise. now Trade deadline more smack talk, we are still winning, Now its OBJ , Now TS77 uproar.. Umm we are 7-3, just destroyed MN in MN they were 8-1 and just beat the bills.

still not enough to trust the FO and coaches. id say it is...

this is the media and fans stirring up controversies. lets let it play out, discus it then, thats 3 weeks or more away,
This is all the truth, but it will go largely ignored.

Nexx

Reaction score
I'm convinced the Cowboys have a cheat code when it comes to drafting OL in the first round. And, I've learned to never question their OL picks in the first ever again lol.

most of the time its my chance too. players they would prefer to draft instead of oline get picked so they "settle" on oline.

John813

Reaction score
most of the time its my chance too. players they would prefer to draft instead of oline get picked so they "settle" on oline.

For sure. But hey, as long as the pick is a hit, I can't complain.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He has had 7 penalties on the season 3 false starts and 4 holding penalties however had no penalties in the last game.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know its hard to compare, but how have the two guards that went ahead that we were linked to (Kenyon Green & Zion Johnson) been doing in their rookie seasons? And what about the tackles that went before him? Evan Neal had a bad game vs Tank but you can say Tyler Smith had one poor outing (for a few plays) vs Aaron Donald. But what about Penning, Cross, Ekwanu, etc? How have they compared to TS?

Edit: Googled it, this was a good, recent article about how the first rounders have done so far,
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...eason-highest-marks-go-to-jets-saints-ravens/
Keep in mind that article is by an East Coast (NY) reporter.

The words his review of Tyler are all positive but he only gave him a B+.

There were more negatives in some of his reviews that received A or A-.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Could you change the title of this thread? Bit misleading, and this is a family forum. :muttley: