Couple of GAC draft tidbits from yesterday

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SLATEmosphere;3325640 said:
Thanks for the news CL

I firmly believe Martellus is going to be sent packing to Cincy in the 2nd when a guy we really like somehow tumbles at their spot.

Maybe even our 3rd,5th(from the tradeback),Carp and Spears for the Phins 2nd?

Imagine if those deals both happened AND we traded down.

4 2nd round picks?

Talk about reloading your roster.

I was thinking the same thing - about round 1.

If someone Dallas really covets is there at #21, I wonder if #27 and Marty B would be good enough?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
stasheroo;3326019 said:
I was thinking the same thing - about round 1.

If someone Dallas really covets is there at #21, I wonder if #27 and Marty B would be good enough?

Seriously?

IMO thats an awful deal for the Cowboys.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Marty makes the most sense. He still holds value around the league and we have depth behind him.

Ive been on a Marty and 27 to Cincy for 21 and like 4th thing for a while.

21 is an awesome spot for us to be. We have to get ET, Iupati, or Anthony Davis there.

Oh and Golden Tate is a playmaker.

21- Anthony Davis, ET, or Iupati

R2- Trade Crayton and 59 to Miami for 43 and a 6th and draft Golden Tate

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3326135 said:
Marty makes the most sense. He still holds value around the league and we have depth behind him.

21 is an awesome spot for us to be. We have to get ET, Iupati, or Anthony Davis there.

21 would be perfect for us

even NE might take Marty all they got at TE

Algee Crumpler 10 year guy
Robbie Anone 1 year UDFA
Rob Myers 1 year UDFA
R

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
UnoDallas;3326163 said:
21 would be perfect for us

even NE might take Marty all they got at TE

Algee Crumpler 10 year guy
Robbie Anone 1 year UDFA
Rob Myers 1 year UDFA
R

I dont see them trading back yet again. They are loaded w/ picks this is the year for them to go big. They could make a run at CJ Spiller and Golden Tate.

They also need a guy like Brandon Graham.

Of course theyll find a way to get more picks next year and people will gush saying "Ohmigod they got the Raiders 1 AND 2 2nds!" But that would be a mistake imo. If you got a chance to get CJ Spiller, Golden Tate, and Brandon Graham you do it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Maybe we could swap 1sts with Cincy, give them Marty B, and pick up a 2nd or 3rd also.

I wish this stupid draft would get here.

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3326135 said:

tate won't fall that far IMO. But I have a feeling we either get Dez or Tate draft day. Those trades would be unreal if they happened.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3326530 said:
you're kidding right? if Dez was on the board at 21 or ET you wouldn't make that trade? God help us.
If all it would be is #27 and Bennett, that's completely fair to move up six spots. It would cost a second and/or third to get that done if you were utilizing draft choices only.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3326530 said:
you're kidding right? if Dez was on the board at 21 or ET you wouldn't make that trade? God help us.

Not unless we're getting something else back. Trading Bennett just to move up 6 spots is stupid IMO. The guys too good a talent.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
dbair1967;3326597 said:
Not unless we're getting something else back. Trading Bennett just to move up 6 spots is stupid IMO. The guys too good a talent.
You would not trade Bennett for a second round choice right now? If the answer is yes, then that trade is equitable.

reddyuta

Reaction score
trading bennett just doesnt make any sense right now.are we going to draft another TE to replace him,this is just a vicious circle of trading our TEs and drafting another one and we need to stop doing it.bennett needs another season imo.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Alexander;3326596 said:
If all it would be is #27 and Bennett, that's completely fair to move up six spots. It would cost a second and/or third to get that done if you were utilizing draft choices only.

Moving up 6 spots wouldnt cost us our 2nd rd pick. I would think if they were shopping Bennett, there's no way they'd take anything less than a 2nd rd pick (nor should they)

Like I said IMO, trading him to move up 6 spots and getting nothing else back is stupid IMO.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Alexander;3326600 said:
You would not trade Bennett for a second round choice right now? If the answer is yes, then that trade is equitable.

There's no way we'd have to trade our 2nd rd pick to move up 6 spots from where we are now. Technically it could probably be done for our 3rd only. Myabe even less than that.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;3326625 said:
There's no way we'd have to trade our 2nd rd pick to move up 6 spots from where we are now. Technically it could probably be done for our 3rd only. Myabe even less than that.

You are completely wrong. Our first and 3rd will not move us up 6 spots.

You wouldn't trade Martellus for Earl Thomas straight up?

Because that's what it would basically be.

Reaction score
dbair1967;3326624 said:
Like I said IMO, trading him to move up 6 spots and getting nothing else back is stupid IMO.

you're potentially getting arguably the best Wr prospect in the last 5 years, one of the best safety prospects, and the best Guard in recent memory. You wouldn't trade Bennett for any of those guys? Cause thats basically the deal. Getting nothing? Yeah right.