Couple Peter King nuggets from his weekly column

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
In other words, we laid a fat egg on Sunday........as a team ( players AND coaches ) but it changes NOTHING regarding our goal.

Quick note: Just read a tweet where Cee Dee didn't seem surprised how sluggish they looked coz as he put it, they didn't have a good week of practice. My guess is the same errors and lack of energy we saw Sunday, happened in practice throughout the week if you believe Cee Dee and that's on Mike. I'm of his strongest supporters but this can't happen again. It's no secret, you play how you practice .....that's 101.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/08/nfl-midseason-raiders-fmia-peter-king/

Looking back on predictions
It hasn’t been such a weird year, or maybe I’m just clairvoyant. Before the season, here’s how I picked the playoff seeds and the main things:

AFC: Buffalo, Kansas City, Tennessee, Cleveland, New England, L.A. Chargers, Baltimore.
NFC: Tampa Bay, Green Bay, L.A. Rams, Dallas, San Francisco, New Orleans, Seattle.
Super Bowl XLI: Rams 30, Bills 27.
MVP: Matthew Stafford, QB, Rams.

Things I’d change this morning:

• Kansas City out of the playoffs, Chargers winning the AFC West, Raiders the sixth seed in the playoffs

• Baltimore winning the AFC North and switching spots with Cleveland in the AFC seeding race

• In the NFC, Dallas replacing Green Bay as the two seed, Arizona replacing the Rams as the three seed, and Green Bay moving to the four seed. The Rams replace San Francisco as the five seed.

Bullish on these teams in the second half
1. Dallas. We said before the year that if the Cowboys were even decent on D, they’d be a force. At 18th in yards allowed and with young stars Micah Parsons and Trevon Diggs making big plays, and with six division games left in a lousy division, the Cowboys should brush off the ugly Denver showing.

foofighters

Reaction score
Good teams rarely loose like this. I don't mind losing games but we just didn't show up. That worries me. Along with Mike's arrogance in the beginning with the first two 4th down calls. It feels like we are always a good team until someone punches us in the mouth and they we are too busy crying and picking our teeth up versus getting ready to hit back. I'll see how we come out this week but I believe we all need to be worried.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Good teams rarely loose like this. I don't mind losing games but we just didn't show up. That worries me. Along with Mike's arrogance in the beginning with the first two 4th down calls. It feels like we are always a good team until someone punches us in the mouth and they we are too busy crying and picking our teeth up versus getting ready to hit back. I'll see how we come out this week but I believe we all need to be worried.

About what????? I mean it's no secret we have some issues to clean up but it appears you're questioning the team's toughness.

Carson

Reaction score
I mean you either get skunked like we did or you lose a squeaker like Buffalo did in Jacksonville.

At the end of the day, it counts as ONE loss.

If you lose by 1 or 50 it all counts the same. This isn’t a good loss by any means. But sometimes you need your *** kicked to realize you aren’t the top dog and it isn’t easy

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This guy is having a major sophomore slump .........getting a bit of a pass from the media.

“We would like to see a little bit more from those guys … Sometimes Chase [Young] starts outside and cuts inside because he’s trying to make a play, and the quarterback gets flushed to the outside. If Chase stays outside, he’s got an easy sack.”

—WFT coach Ron Rivera, on his two star pass-rushers, Chase Young and Montez Sweat, to Mike Silver, writing on the WFT website.

Young has 1.5 sacks in eight games. Among NFL edge players who have played at least 200 snaps against the pass, he’s the league’s 24th-rated edge player.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Look around the league, many good teams had bad days, Bills scoring 6 points in Jax for example. Teams have bad games, the best ones overcome these losses and become better cause of it!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Like I said in another thread the real story of this loss is about to be written. How we play to finish the season will determine what this loss means. Either chink in armour is blown open or they refocus and it's the catalyst of a Cowboys angry run.

Grenic

Reaction score
I have zero faith in this team, this looks so familiar, l expect familiar results. From here on out they will be lucky to win 4 more games

foofighters

Reaction score
Look around the league, many good teams had bad days, Bills scoring 6 points in Jax for example. Teams have bad games, the best ones overcome these losses and become better cause of it!
That's fine, if you want to make excuses for losing, fine. I'd rather continue to look at trends by this team which I mentioned. There's already players talking about how poorly they practiced last week. By no means am I saying the season is over. We just have some issues that need to change and even if we do change and continue to roll, there's no guarantee that we get out of the playoffs alive because the NFC is loaded this year.

Carson

Reaction score
I have zero faith in this team, this looks so familiar, l expect familiar results. From here on out they will be lucky to win 4 more games
Have you seen the schedule? They will likely lose around 4 games.

We still have New York, Philly, Washington X 2 etc

Biag

Reaction score
I used to feel the same way as you that superbowl teams just dont have bad losses. That doesnt seem to be the case anymore. The last 15 years or so half the teams have at least one realy bad loss. Some like the Giants and Ravens had more then one. It seems to me it that they were reading their press clippings about how good they are. They figured if they could win with Rush then insert Dak and its a walk in the park. I really hope this is a wake up call.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In other words, we laid a fat egg on Sunday........as a team ( players AND coaches ) but it changes NOTHING regarding our goal.

Quick note: Just read a tweet where Cee Dee didn't seem surprised how sluggish they looked coz as he put it, they didn't have a good week of practice. My guess is the same errors and lack of energy we saw Sunday, happened in practice throughout the week if you believe Cee Dee and that's on Mike. I'm of his strongest supporters but this can't happen again. It's no secret, you play how you practice .....that's 101.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/08/nfl-midseason-raiders-fmia-peter-king/

Looking back on predictions
It hasn’t been such a weird year, or maybe I’m just clairvoyant. Before the season, here’s how I picked the playoff seeds and the main things:

AFC: Buffalo, Kansas City, Tennessee, Cleveland, New England, L.A. Chargers, Baltimore.
NFC: Tampa Bay, Green Bay, L.A. Rams, Dallas, San Francisco, New Orleans, Seattle.
Super Bowl XLI: Rams 30, Bills 27.
MVP: Matthew Stafford, QB, Rams.

Things I’d change this morning:

• Kansas City out of the playoffs, Chargers winning the AFC West, Raiders the sixth seed in the playoffs

• Baltimore winning the AFC North and switching spots with Cleveland in the AFC seeding race

• In the NFC, Dallas replacing Green Bay as the two seed, Arizona replacing the Rams as the three seed, and Green Bay moving to the four seed. The Rams replace San Francisco as the five seed.

Bullish on these teams in the second half
1. Dallas. We said before the year that if the Cowboys were even decent on D, they’d be a force. At 18th in yards allowed and with young stars Micah Parsons and Trevon Diggs making big plays, and with six division games left in a lousy division, the Cowboys should brush off the ugly Denver showing.

It’s always been true- as a team practices during the week, so they will play on game day. The margins between good and bad teams in this league are so razor thin, if you don’t bring your A game, you’re gonna get beat.
I used to feel the same way as you that superbowl teams just dont have bad losses. That doesnt seem to be the case anymore. The last 15 years or so half the teams have at least one realy bad loss. Some like the Giants and Ravens had more then one. It seems to me it that they were reading their press clippings about how good they are. They figured if they could win with Rush then insert Dak and its a walk in the park. I really hope this is a wake up call.
That hasn’t always been true. Our first SB team in 1970, lost 38-0 to the cardinals on national TV. Then rolled off 9 straight wins to make the SB.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I had us losing some games but yesterday was not one of them but we have next week to see what happens and hopefully a better outcome.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Im not worried about the division at all but really pissed at the opportunity we squelched to be the 2 seed yesterday

AshyLarry06

Reaction score

Thats simply incorrect and not true, factually speaking lol Good teams lose games they "shouldn't" lose all the time. The Titans just beat the rams without Derrick Henry on Sunday Night Football...correct me if im wrong but didn't they lose to the jets?

Yeah, we got destroyed, but it happens, and it happened to the SB winning cowboys a few times over those 3-4 years as well. Sometimes, if one team just doesnt show up or takes another team for granted (Which imo is CLEARLY what happened- we took Denver for granted and they showed up and IMMEDIATELY hit us square in the mouth, and we never recovered), outcomes like yesterday happen. I'd still take 6 to 7 Good-to-GREAT outings vs 1 clunker as the current status/temperature check on where this team stands and WHO this team is, though.

blueblood70

Reaction score
IM taking this loss far better then in years past, my gut told me we might lose , see my pregame warnings..

however i feel its an anomaly this season and not the norm..we weren't going 16-1 and a mid season wake up call, splash of ice cold water on ours teams faces isnt as bad as seems right now.

we will lose a few more, I believe my hopes this season were 12-5 to be successful. The playoffs are the goal and peaking late is better then early..6-2 is on track for those goals..

Cowboys
packers
Rams
raiders
bengals
eagles

Bucs off

all lost as well.. we lost no grounds really..we could have gained ground but the payoff picture is still exactly how it was going into the game..

a loss is loss..

lets let it go 24 hr rule