Couple Peter King nuggets from his weekly column

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I think this is a case of playing a boring team at a boring time of day in the middle of a long season after a big upset win on the road. I expect us to come out and play a good game against the Falcons.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think this is a case of playing a boring team at a boring time of day in the middle of a long season after a big upset win on the road. I expect us to come out and play a good game against the Falcons.

Because the Falcons at home early on a Sunday is so much more exciting.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
TB last year got stomped by NO 38-3 at home in November. Managing to only score a FG in the 4th quarter. Brady was 22 for 38 and threw 3 Int and no TDs.
Championship teams do have these types of games.
Don’t confuse the trolls with facts.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Because the Falcons at home early on a Sunday is so much more exciting.

Any time you get destroyed at home against a weaker opponent and every sports news outlet has you on the front page of there domain, that next weeks game tends to become much bigger. So, even though your post is tongue in cheek, you are actually correct without realizing it.

Section446

Reaction score
Buffalo got beat by the Jags, it happens.
No doubt, good teams are allowed to lose to lesser teams... But 30-0 is uncalled for, that's just not taking the game seriously and it says a lot about this team.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
A lot (let’s face it, everything) went wrong for us yesterday. The offense and the defense were equally terrible. But one thing that surprised me the most is how easily Denver covered our receivers. We rarely got any separation and the few times we did it was when Dak had to scramble out of the pocket and prolonged the play. I know Denver’s secondary is good, but they completely took our receivers out of the game. Obviously our drops didn’t help matters as they stopped several drives. Cooper, Pollard, and Lamb all had BIG drops that would’ve been drive sustaining first downs.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
No doubt, good teams are allowed to lose to lesser teams... But 30-0 is uncalled for, that's just not taking the game seriously and it says a lot about this team.
Packers got beat 34-3 by an average New Orleans team. The Titans and Bengals got beat by the Jets. The Jets! Buffalo put up a total of 6 points against the Jags. It just happens.

BermyStar

Reaction score
Look around the league, many good teams had bad days, Bills scoring 6 points in Jax for example. Teams have bad games, the best ones overcome these losses and become better cause of it!
Buffalo Losing to J'Ville makes me realize yesterday didn't really happen..not in this dimension lol. All games we saw were played in a different reality bruh haha

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any time you get destroyed at home against a weaker opponent and every sports news outlet has you on the front page of there domain, that next weeks game tends to become much bigger. So, even though your post is tongue in cheek, you are actually correct without realizing it.

Wait, is the genius who told us the Cowboys lost Sunday because they were playing a boring team at a boring time slot attempting to talk down to me?

Praxit

Reaction score
..good post. New mental perspectives are fresh air.

foofighters

Reaction score
About what????? I mean it's no secret we have some issues to clean up but it appears you're questioning the team's toughness.
I have questioned the teams toughness for awhile now (at least for the last 20 years). We are the Rocky III, pre first fight with Clubber Lang team. Jerry loves this about his team and I do question if we truly stand for real football versus the glam associated with always being the paper champions. What are we? Are we the 8-8 team or are we a 13-3 team? Either way, those teams aren't built to go deep into the playoffs have success in those games. Trust me, I am no hater. I cheer my team and I enjoy watching them but I am also jaded as well. I expect them to perform like they did yesterday because they've done this time and time again.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Wait, is the genius who told us the Cowboys lost Sunday because they were playing a boring team at a boring time slot attempting to talk down to me?

I don't think I could get far enough down to talk you up. So it's a possibility. Good catch. I underestimated you.

SSoup

Reaction score
Good teams rarely loose like this.
I dunno, man. 6 of the last 10 Super Bowl winners had comparable bad losses.

2020: Bucs had a horrible 3-38 loss. Comparable..

2018: Patriots suffered 10-26 losses to the Lions (who ended up being a 6-10 team) and 10-34 to the Titans (who ended up being a mediocre 9-7 team). Comparable.

2015: Broncos had a mortifying 13-29 loss. Peyton Manning completed 5 of 20 passes for 35 yards and 4 INT's. His backup QB led them to a couple of garbage time TDs to make it look a little more respectable than it was. Comparable.

2014: Pats lost 14-41 to the Chiefs (who were a mediocre 9-7 that season). Brady played lousy and Garoppolo mopped up and tightened the score a bit. Comparable.

2012: Ravens lost 17-34 to Denver. They were down 31-3 but Flacco put together some garbage time drives to make it look closer. Comparable.

2011: Giants lost 24-49 to the Saints. They were down 21-3 at the half. Down 35-10 after 3 before they padded their score a bit in the 4th to make it seem like they'd actually showed up and played. Comparable.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Yep. I'm the guy who fights last on the card. You are the one who won that fight at your mall and got a chance to make the prelims. Everyone is just hoping you have a gruesome knock out handed to you by the retired pe teacher. They are both just as meaningful tho right..

tyke1doe

Reaction score
In other words, we laid a fat egg on Sunday........as a team ( players AND coaches ) but it changes NOTHING regarding our goal.

Quick note: Just read a tweet where Cee Dee didn't seem surprised how sluggish they looked coz as he put it, they didn't have a good week of practice. My guess is the same errors and lack of energy we saw Sunday, happened in practice throughout the week if you believe Cee Dee and that's on Mike. I'm of his strongest supporters but this can't happen again. It's no secret, you play how you practice .....that's 101.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/08/nfl-midseason-raiders-fmia-peter-king/

Looking back on predictions
It hasn’t been such a weird year, or maybe I’m just clairvoyant. Before the season, here’s how I picked the playoff seeds and the main things:

AFC: Buffalo, Kansas City, Tennessee, Cleveland, New England, L.A. Chargers, Baltimore.
NFC: Tampa Bay, Green Bay, L.A. Rams, Dallas, San Francisco, New Orleans, Seattle.
Super Bowl XLI: Rams 30, Bills 27.
MVP: Matthew Stafford, QB, Rams.

Things I’d change this morning:

• Kansas City out of the playoffs, Chargers winning the AFC West, Raiders the sixth seed in the playoffs

• Baltimore winning the AFC North and switching spots with Cleveland in the AFC seeding race

• In the NFC, Dallas replacing Green Bay as the two seed, Arizona replacing the Rams as the three seed, and Green Bay moving to the four seed. The Rams replace San Francisco as the five seed.

Bullish on these teams in the second half
1. Dallas. We said before the year that if the Cowboys were even decent on D, they’d be a force. At 18th in yards allowed and with young stars Micah Parsons and Trevon Diggs making big plays, and with six division games left in a lousy division, the Cowboys should brush off the ugly Denver showing.

Good job. You missed this nugget, though.

Second-half players to watch

4. Tony Pollard. The best backup running back in the NFC has been more productive per carry than Ezekiel Elliott.

DFWJC

Reaction score
McCarthy said the same.
He said the staff sat the team down and scolded them not to eat the cheese after a lackluster practice.
Appears to have landed on deaf ears

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Buffalo got beat by the Jags, it happens.
The way the cowboys played yesterday, the jags would have blown them out.

I get that bad games happen, but Dallas didn't just have a bad game. They didn't even show up. They should completely dismantle the falcons this week.