Couple Peter King nuggets from his weekly column

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Wait, is the genius who told us the Cowboys lost Sunday because they were playing a boring team at a boring time slot attempting to talk down to me?

As you see now. I wasn't talking down to you I was just trying to provide knowledge to a fellow human that isn't as up to date as me on football knowledge. So I must see if my teachings have helped the student...do you think this game meant a little more to this team?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As you see now. I wasn't talking down to you I was just trying to provide knowledge to a fellow human that isn't as up to date as me on football knowledge. So I must see if my teachings have helped the student...do you think this game meant a little more to this team?

I'm sure you believe you proved something today.

I admire the team effort playing in such a boring time slot.

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In other words, we laid a fat egg on Sunday........as a team ( players AND coaches ) but it changes NOTHING regarding our goal.

Quick note: Just read a tweet where Cee Dee didn't seem surprised how sluggish they looked coz as he put it, they didn't have a good week of practice. My guess is the same errors and lack of energy we saw Sunday, happened in practice throughout the week if you believe Cee Dee and that's on Mike. I'm of his strongest supporters but this can't happen again. It's no secret, you play how you practice .....that's 101.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/08/nfl-midseason-raiders-fmia-peter-king/

Looking back on predictions
It hasn’t been such a weird year, or maybe I’m just clairvoyant. Before the season, here’s how I picked the playoff seeds and the main things:

AFC: Buffalo, Kansas City, Tennessee, Cleveland, New England, L.A. Chargers, Baltimore.
NFC: Tampa Bay, Green Bay, L.A. Rams, Dallas, San Francisco, New Orleans, Seattle.
Super Bowl XLI: Rams 30, Bills 27.
MVP: Matthew Stafford, QB, Rams.

Things I’d change this morning:

• Kansas City out of the playoffs, Chargers winning the AFC West, Raiders the sixth seed in the playoffs

• Baltimore winning the AFC North and switching spots with Cleveland in the AFC seeding race

• In the NFC, Dallas replacing Green Bay as the two seed, Arizona replacing the Rams as the three seed, and Green Bay moving to the four seed. The Rams replace San Francisco as the five seed.

Bullish on these teams in the second half
1. Dallas. We said before the year that if the Cowboys were even decent on D, they’d be a force. At 18th in yards allowed and with young stars Micah Parsons and Trevon Diggs making big plays, and with six division games left in a lousy division, the Cowboys should brush off the ugly Denver showing.

What's up w GB's home/away schedule - 3/6 so far? Looks like they're making sure teams have to travel to GB when it's to their advantage.

Hoods

Reaction score
Good teams rarely loose like this. I don't mind losing games but we just didn't show up. That worries me. Along with Mike's arrogance in the beginning with the first two 4th down calls. It feels like we are always a good team until someone punches us in the mouth and they we are too busy crying and picking our teeth up versus getting ready to hit back. I'll see how we come out this week but I believe we all need to be worried.
Wrong from the first sentence. Lots of examples of this happening every season. Just look at GB’s first game. Come on now. Do people watch other NFL teams on this board?

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I'm sure you believe you proved something today.

I admire the team effort playing in such a boring time slot.

That game might of been a boring time slot for someone who isn't a fan of the Cowboys. For the Cowboys and it's fan that was one of the biggest time slots of the season. I've done my best to explain it. One day you may understand. I shall not hold my breath however. Have a wonderful Sunday.