Court ruling proves it's a known danger to wear Cowboys gear to an Eagles game

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Eagles fans throwing snowballs at opposing teams fans. Stay classy, Philthy.

UnpleasantJoyfulAmurstarfish-size_restricted.gif

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I live less than an hour from the Eagles stadium and less than an hour from the Ravens stadium. I have some good friends that are season ticket holders to both stadiums.

These are good people. The guy who is the Eagles fan recently had a gun pulled on him for chasing down a man who he saw snatch a old ladies purse in from of a drug store. These guys would do anything for you.

Most people in these markets are good people. However, the stadium has its share of low lifes for sure. I've seen them give grief to Cowboys fans at the games. It generally is playful. But as a Cowboys fan you have to know that you will need to absorb most of the mouth eagles fans will give you. If you want to be obnoxious and try to flex you are running the chance of some little south philly dude sucker punching you.
You just need to be humble and have fun with it.

The lowlifes make all philly fans look bad. But most of the fans are decent people.
So to be clear. If you wear Cowboys gear to Lincoln you won’t necessary get in a fight if you can handle some teasing?

Because I’ve heard here that that won’t happen. You will have problems. Just wondering what accurate.

IceBowler

Reaction score
This kind of crap should never happen anywhere in the country. In the United States, you should be able to go to any game anywhere in the country and root for whichever team you want without ever having to fear for your safety. Some Philly fans thing it's cool that their fans act like thugs, beating people up. That kind of despicable behavior has never been cool. If the City of Philadelphia doesn't zealously go after every criminal who assaults anyone in the name of their team, then they should lose their team. Move the Eagles to some other city and re-brand them. A city that takes pride in committing acts of violence against the fans of other teams doesn't deserve to have an NFL team.

Not to mention throwing snowballs at frigging SANTA CLAUS!
Who does that?
Eagles fans.

superonyx

Reaction score
So to be clear. If you wear Cowboys gear to Lincoln you won’t necessary get in a fight if you can handle some teasing?

Because I’ve heard here that that won’t happen. You will have problems. Just wondering what accurate.
I've been to a handful of Cowboys vs Eagles games. I personally do not wear a jersey to a game because I'm a chill guy who doesnt feel like hearing the noise. But i've had people in my row wearing Cowboys jerseys. No fights. I've seen the cowboys jersey wearing fans walking around the tailgating parties and yelling pro cowboys stuff and they get bood or heckled or laughed at but no fights.

So for the most part you will be ok if you don't be so obnoxious. The worst i have seen was a guy wearing a Dez jersey get up and start walking towards the steps. Someone said something and he turned around and gave it back to the section. When he turned back to walk a saw a few pretzels and hot dogs flying through the air. He seemed to laugh it off.

The problem is the drinking and the fact that it only takes 1 south philly loser to take a shot at you.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
This kind of crap should never happen anywhere in the country. In the United States, you should be able to go to any game anywhere in the country and root for whichever team you want without ever having to fear for your safety. Some Philly fans thing it's cool that their fans act like thugs, beating people up. That kind of despicable behavior has never been cool. If the City of Philadelphia doesn't zealously go after every criminal who assaults anyone in the name of their team, then they should lose their team. Move the Eagles to some other city and re-brand them. A city that takes pride in committing acts of violence against the fans of other teams doesn't deserve to have an NFL team.
And get rid of that gosh darn stupid song. OMgosh!!!!!! :laugh:

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I was warned not to wear Cowboys gear to a Bills game in Buffalo. I defied this and found 40% of the fans that day were decked out in Cowboys gear. Couldn't believe it.
50% + at a titans game here in Tennessee. lol

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Both of my degrees are in sport management & sport administration. There are so many laws on the books that protect stadium owners and professional sport organizations that make zero common sense. You are starting to see some of that change some with the foul balls and netting going up at baseball stadiums.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We know what peckerheads the Eagles fans can be when it comes to proving themselves real men!

Humiliating a 7-year-old young kid by pouring beer on his head is no a way to achieve said goal! :mad:

Philly fans have characterized themselves through the years by such lame exhibitions! Too sick! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Whatever justice you can afford is the justice you're gonna get,,,, and God help you if any aspect of your case can be tied to some political cause.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
A friend of mine from college lived in Philly for a while and went to several Cowboy and Eagle games. While he was never personally attacked, his car had a Cowboys bumper sticker on it and was vandalized after the Cowboys beat the Eagles one year. The tires were slashed and the windshield was busted out.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I went to an Eagles Viking game in philly (had a friend who was a big Viking fan) and shouted really loud in a crowded area full of Eagle fans, "COWBOYS!!!" Nobody said a thing.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Been to so many Cowboys @ Eagles games and I never wear my jersey - trust me I have no fear of fighting with these punks - but I have no desire to pay $300 per ticket and get thrown out of the game in the first quarter.

Every once in awhile a post like this comes up and I tell some of my war stories from going to those games. The time I saw an Eagles' fan dump a full beer on the head of a 7-year old wearing a Cowboys' jersey. Or the time one Eagles' fan stuck his finger in his mouth and forcibly puked on a Cowboys fan a row in front of him. Or just the brutal fights outside the stadium where Cowboys' fans are outnumbered 5:1.

Eagles' fans are classless, the worst fans in not just the NFL but in any sport. And I live in Colombia so I've seen some crazy soccer hooliganism down here in Lat Am.

I've worn my Cowboys jersey @Dolphins, @Giants, @Commanders, and have never had a problem. Giants' fans actually even helped me find my seat.

I don't care how bad they are, or what happened in the 60's between the Cowboys and Commanders - the Eagles will always be our chief rival.

Edit: to be fair though, most of these incidents happened at Veteran's Stadium. It seems "better" at the new stadium, at last inside.
70s