Courtland Sutton should be the pick at 19, in my opinion

Spectre

Reaction score
LBers and Cornerbacks are a dime-a-dozen (aside from very rare, elite talents. Won't be one of those available at 19, in my opinion.)
Team desperately needs a WR. One than can make a real impact, right away. One with #1 potential.

Ridley is a bit overrated, one-dimensional and likely will be gone by 19 anyway.
D.J. Moore may be the most talented but the wrong fit for this team/QB. May only ever be a good complementary #2.
Chark, no. Callaway, no. Kirk, no.
Miller is a worthy consideration in rounds 2-3.

Sutton has immediate impact potential. Long-term dominance and star potential. Focal point of passing game potential. A realistic possible replacement for Dez. Is the right fit for the qb/offense, and the run game. He will not last until the Cowboys pick in the second. May not make it out of the 1st round IF he's even there at 10. They should make him the pick at 19 and everyone can not thank me later (but should).

Last edited:

CapnB

Reaction score
I did a mock on fanspeak and i used some guy from CBS mock. And he had Sutton the #10 player overall. I was like wow

Spectre

Reaction score
Sutton is not a finished product,he will not have much impact in his rookie year.
Would have as much impact as big-headed coaches would allow. The natural size/ability is already there. Just needs to play.

The people calling him 'Calvin Johnson', 'Julio Jones', 'Dez Bryant' are dumb. He is none of those elites. But he does have the size of the first two, maybe the good hands of the latter. Alshon Jeffrey may be a more accurate comparison; every bit worthy of a #19 pick.

Last edited:

Spectre

Reaction score
I did a mock on fanspeak and i used some guy from CBS mock. And he had Sutton the #10 player overall. I was like wow
I don't know that I'd go that far, but I do think the Cowboys are lucky if he's there @ 19.

DiResta

Reaction score
i would think about breaking my remote or something
but id probably just turn the tv off because that pick would be awful

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LBers and Cornerbacks are a dime-a-dozen (aside from very rare, elite talents. Won't be one of those available at 19, in my opinion.)
Team desperately needs a WR. One than can make a real impact, right away. One with #1 potential.

Ridley is a bit overrated, one-dimensional and likely will be gone by 19 anyway.
D.J. Moore may be the most talented but the wrong fit for this team/QB. May only ever be a good complementary #2.

Sutton has immediate impact potential. Long-term dominance and star potential. Focal point of passing game potential. A realistic possible replacement for Dez. Is the right fit for the qb/offense, and the run game. He will not last until the Cowboys pick in the second. May not make it out of the 1st round IF he's even there at 10. They should make him the pick at 19 and everyone can not thank me later (but should).

Respectfully, but completely disagree.

I'd be very disappointed if Sutton was the pick. Very disappointed.

Sydla

Reaction score
Would have as much impact as big-headed coaches would allow. The natural size/ability is already there. Just needs to play.

The people calling him 'Calvin Johnson', 'Julio Jones', 'Dez Bryant' are dumb. He is none of those elites. But he does have the size of the first two, maybe the good hands of the latter. Alshon Jeffrey may be a more accurate comparison; every bit worthy of a #19 pick.

History of recent first round WRs would tell you that you are wrong.

He’s unlikely to have a big impact as a rookie.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Im good with it.
If we are looking for day1 starter,WR or OG.
Lets be honest...
DT-rotation.
DE-rotation.
LB-rotation.

OG...starter.
WR...starter(WR2).

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Ridley is one dimensional?......really. If Dez wasn't the right fit for Dak and this offense as the team has obviously concluded, why would they draft a clone? Ridley is literally always open. Nobody in college could cover him and he played against the best. Thats what Dak needs.