Cowboy free agents, who stays and who goes?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I pretty much agree with everything except Anthony Brown. He’s not half as good as Byron, don’t offer him half as much. Can be replaced with a 3rd round corner. Other than Byron walking because of price, I don’t see any large holes to fill as long as we draft defense early and often and hit on the picks.
Anthony Brown is a good slot CB. I doubt Dallas over anything over 7mil to Bryon. 3-4mil a yr for Brown is good value

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
FREEAGENTS
Jeff Heath: I think they will offer low, but i think they want to upgrade. They tried to get Adams
Maliek Collins: Think same with Jones, will get more elsewhere
Daniel Ross: He's never going to be something in this league
Cooper Rush: bye

Ross and Cooper will both be back for camp. Both RFAs for nothing. We need DTs. We need a backup QB.

On Heath, they want an upgrade, but as an older free agent, Heath is exactly the kind of guy we tend to sign in free agency as a bridge, and his experience here means he fits here better than anywhere else. He'd be a bridge anywhere else too. Special team ace and able to backup both safety spots. He makes sense for us and everyone on the team likes him. GOAT!

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Ross and Cooper will both be back for camp. Both RFAs for nothing. We need DTs. We need a backup QB.

On Heath, they want an upgrade, but as an older free agent, Heath is exactly the kind of guy we tend to sign in free agency as a bridge, and his experience here means he fits here better than anywhere else. He'd be a bridge anywhere else too. Special team ace and able to backup both safety spots. He makes sense for us and everyone on the team likes him. GOAT!

He is basically Barry Church with more speed but with less tackling ability and Dallas wasnt going anywhere near what Church got offered in FA.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
And Lastly Dallas isnt the Cowboys of 2009 where they were signing expensive aging players. Theyre in the business of drafting good. And using FA to fill depth.

Sometimes it's depth, but we often use free agency for bridge players to cover us if draft picks don't pan out. Guys who won't be horrible to start, but who we're looking to upgrade.

GOAT!

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Sometimes it's depth, but we often use free agency for bridge players to cover us if draft picks don't pan out. Guys who won't be horrible to start, but who we're looking to upgrade.

GOAT!

Who was the last guy they did that with? I cant even remember. Brandon Carr wasnt a stop gap. Before that Kyle Kosier? Long time ago. Dallas doesnt operate like that anymore.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He is basically Barry Church with more speed but with less tackling ability and Dallas wasnt going anywhere near what Church got offered in FA.

Heath has never gotten the acclaim Church had. I doubt he is offered near what Church was. I doubt it's even half.

It will be interesting to see what the GOAT can get in free agency. Maybe more. It's possible.

Jerry also seems to be on a buying spree with the new CBA coming, so maybe they hit up Heath early and get him signed.

If he's available for 2.5mil, we sign him.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Well let's just bring in Josh Gordon while we're at it. Solves our 3rd WR issue.
You guys know how this goes.

Dak has to get done before the draft.

No FA signings until after the draft.

Low ball contracts to anybody they want to stay.

Draft Safety in the draft first pick.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Dallas has Gregory and Jerry wants Gregory Thats why he gave him a extension this offseason. He knows the marijuana ban is going away. Gregory has never had a PED failed test has never been suspended because of behavior.

Ogbah who Dallas has tried twice to get will be a Fa too. Dallas can replace Quinn and Bennett.
Bennett and Quinn are better players than Gregory or Ogbah.

Franchise Dak.

Resign Cooper

Cut bait with Crawford, Collins,and Jones

Resign Bennett and Quinn.

Sign CB in free agency and draft one.

You gotta see what you have in Hill.

garyv

Reaction score
Nate was on hanging with the boys and basically said exactly whats going to happen. He broke it down for these people.

Said he hears about Dallas is going to lose people this and that.

"who are they losing? these guys are 25 yrs old, who are they losing?"

"There are two contracts that are getting done, Dak and Cooper."

" they will offer Jones what they think he's worth and will most likely get offered more somewhere else"

He mentions Antwuan Woods but Woods a exclusive rights FA, he'll be a Cowboy next yr

FREEAGENTS

Dak Prescott: He's getting signed
Amari Cooper: He's getting signed
Byron Jones: More money somwhere else
MIchael Bennett: I dont think either will want another yr
Robert Quinn: Same as Bennett
Randall Cobb: Was he any better then what Dallas had with Beasley? Think they offer but not enough
Jason Witten: Retires
Sean Lee: I think they sign him for another yr.
Christian Covington: no offer
Jeff Heath: I think they will offer low, but i think they want to upgrade. They tried to get Adams
Anthony Brown: bring him back for half of what you offer Jones
Joe Thomas: try to sign him
Tavon Austin: doesnt do enough, not even close...pass
LP Ladouceur: until he says hes retiring hes on the team
Kerry Hyder: see ya
Kai Forbath: i think if he does what he did vs the Rams hes the kicker in 2020
Malcolm Smith: They wont need him
Xavier Su'a Filo: Dallas has drafted for the future already.
Justin March: most likely comes back cheap
Darian Thompson: His nameplate is probably already gone
CJ Goodwin: who?
Kavon Frazier: Could be brought back cheap, but have they replaced him with Wilson?
Blake Jarwin: will be back RFA
Adam Redmond: RFA will be back

I think Cooper leaves we don't want to pay him his market value. This draft is deep at WR i think thats where they look for a #1

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Nate was on hanging with the boys and basically said exactly whats going to happen. He broke it down for these people.

Said he hears about Dallas is going to lose people this and that.

"who are they losing? these guys are 25 yrs old, who are they losing?"

"There are two contracts that are getting done, Dak and Cooper."

" they will offer Jones what they think he's worth and will most likely get offered more somewhere else"

He mentions Antwuan Woods but Woods a exclusive rights FA, he'll be a Cowboy next yr

FREEAGENTS

Dak Prescott: He's getting signed
Amari Cooper: He's getting signed
Byron Jones: More money somwhere else
MIchael Bennett: I dont think either will want another yr
Robert Quinn: Same as Bennett
Randall Cobb: Was he any better then what Dallas had with Beasley? Think they offer but not enough
Jason Witten: Retires
Sean Lee: I think they sign him for another yr.
Christian Covington: no offer
Anthony Brown: bring him back for half of what you offer Jones
Joe Thomas: try to sign him
Tavon Austin: doesnt do enough, not even close...pass
LP Ladouceur: until he says hes retiring hes on the team
Kerry Hyder: see ya
Kai Forbath: i think if he does what he did vs the Rams hes the kicker in 2020
Malcolm Smith: They wont need him
Xavier Su'a Filo: Dallas has drafted for the future already.
Justin March: most likely comes back cheap
Darian Thompson: His nameplate is probably already gone
CJ Goodwin: who?
Kavon Frazier: Could be brought back cheap, but have they replaced him with Wilson?
Blake Jarwin: will be back RFA
Adam Redmond: RFA will be back

Given the list of signing versus moving on, I think only Quinn and Cobb are ones that I would hate to lose.

I actually do like Cobb more than I liked Beasley, and I was a solid fan of Beasley. I thought he was the only player who could actually create separation close to the line of scrimmage for a number of years. Cobb had a good amount of production called back early in the season, and even if he and Beasley were equivalent in production, Cobb is still cheaper.

Quinn? He's been productive, and he has the right amount of crazy. Not Charles Haley crazy, but enough.

robertfchew

Reaction score
that list is a bunch of roster fillers IMO. Dallas' core is already locked up or on rookie deals.

WR and DL is what needs to be addressed because of losses.

Dallas has Cooper, Gallup but after that not much. Noah Brown and Cedric Wilson?

DL Lawrence, Woods, Armstrong, Crawford(cut?) Gregory(sus?) And a whole lot of nothing else. Id like to see what Wise has next yr. But they need to do some work here.

SS if Meyers becomes HC watch for Von Bell.

we have nothing on the dl IMO. Lawrence overpaid tryhard, woods a rotational guy he’s been hurt for weeks and has a decent game, Collins is excrement a wasted 3rd Round pick. Nothing on the other end unless Quinn wants to stay and that’s just keeping things the same.