Twitter: Cowboy front office confirms OBJ talk

McMicah

Reaction score
Can’t believe I’m saying this, but I support getting OBJ, maybe even on a 2 year deal if that’s what it takes to get him here.

Reason? You are one injury away from desperation at WR. I think it’s the only position like that. Maybe if James Washington impresses when he returns I feel different, but I think WR has weakest depth, and OBJ is instantly an upgrade.

Reactions: BAT

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Of the list of teams who are interested in getting him, I think it’s safe to cross Green Bay off it as they are highly unlikely to be making the playoffs.

It’s the Bills and Cowboys but have a feeling we will get him. Does Obj really want to play in the cold at Buffalo at this stage in his life?

Jipper

Reaction score
So what sign him it’s not our money, if he is a bust what did we lose draft picks?

Silly view dude, if they sign him and he can't play or is a total bust bc of the injury then you have now wasted money on an ineffective player where that money could have been used towards other contracta

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Silly view dude, if they sign him and he can't play or is a total bust bc of the injury then you have now wasted money on an ineffective player where that money could have been used towards other contracta

It’s more silly getting knocked out of the playoffs because we lost a WR along the way or we were not good offensively at moving the ball in the air.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Are we really going to sell our souls to the devil for a mostly washed up malcontent nobody really wants?

nobody except the bills, chiefs, rams, packers, giants and us. 2 teams who are super bowl favorites but yes nobody besides them

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So, do we need a WR or not? What about that run defense, Jerry and Stephen?

Some things have changed since TC.

-Cowboys are legitimate contenders and have a real shot to go all the way in the NFC as they stand right now
-Tolbert hasnt panned out
-Brown is banged up

I would say at this point it definitely wouldnt hurt to have another skilled receiver in here. Is Washington coming back? When will Brown be back?

These are questions of importance.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I say he’s worth adding. But only on a one year deal with an option for 2. He’ll probably get a better deal from another team…

phildadon86

Reaction score
Some things have changed since TC.

-Cowboys are legitimate contenders and have a real shot to go all the way in the NFC as they stand right now
-Tolbert hasnt panned out
-Brown is banged up

I would say at this point it definitely wouldnt hurt to have another skilled receiver in here. Is Washington coming back? When will Brown be back?

These are questions of importance.
You dont want OBJ though right?

phildadon86

Reaction score
“Next Jaylon Smith”……yeah you are right actually lol.
That poster has been dead wrong on so many player evaluations and yet continuously pats himself on the back to make himself believe he was right.

Tried using the "well 11 other NFL teams agree with me" or "no one knew what an elite pass rusher he was"

Yes they did. They all watched the cotton bowl. He just cannot say "i was wrong" ever. Its actually insane.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You dont want OBJ though right?

If they signed him for a reasonable price for the remainder of the season I dont think I would complain. But I cant stand the guy and would not be happy watching them break the bank for him.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That poster has been dead wrong on so many player evaluations and yet continuously pats himself on the back to make himself believe he was right.

Tried using the "well 11 other NFL teams agree with me" or "no one knew what an elite pass rusher he was"

Yes they did. They all watched the cotton bowl. He just cannot say "i was wrong" ever. Its actually insane.

LOL............gee I wonder who you are talking about? I CATCH your drift!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

He refuses to. I don’t know why he has such a problem with accountability be happy you were wrong snd moved on but he won’t lol.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I don’t agree with this.

They have a few guys yet to contribute nothing and a banged up WR in Noah Brown.

3rd round pick Jalen Tolbert is behind and likely won’t do anything this season. James Washington is now in week 14 of a 6-10 week recovery. That’s 2 guys whose snaps they factored in have contributed for 1 catch, 4 yards.

OBJ is a playmaker. If you add OBJ and Tyron this offense is even better. Add this in with an elite defense, this team can make noise in the playoffs
I like this post, but a few things I believe in. Tolbert shouldn't be banished from getting reps because he can still develop.

That's one of my questions "how do the Cowboys feel about JW since their chasing these veteran WRs?"

I have to correct my stance earlier on Beckham. If the Cowboys can get him, sign him and give him a multi-year deal if he wants...dude is just to good to let him get away. Like you said he's a Playmaker and this offense needs one at WR.

My only issue is Tyron haha. I wouldn't change anything for him at the moment. I don't trust he'll stay healthy or either be the player he once was.

RoboQB

Reaction score
No it isn't. It's an admission they didn't think Amari was worth the 20 million he was getting when it came to production

The thing about WR production is that you have to throw the damn ball to them
to get production out of them... smh. C'mon Dre, I thought you were a coach... lol

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Sounds like love to me.

And latest is that Josh Allen needs tommy john surgery.