Cowboy Tweets 10/17

jblaze2004

Reaction score

Y we gave Terrance Williams a contract when we should of let him go and can't even find a way to get butler on the field and Beas have the 3rd/slot WR role locked up tight.

Wonder if we could trade williams? Would anyone take him contract?

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Y we gave Terrance Williams a contract when we should of let him go and can't even find a way to get butler on the field and Beas have the 3rd/slot WR role locked up tight.

Wonder if we could trade williams? Would anyone take him contract?

The mistake was bringing back both 83 and 19.

Only one should’ve returned

Sydla

Reaction score
Watt not fitting our scheme is crock of poop. When John Fox became the HC of Denver, they moved Von Miller to SLB in 4-3 and he did fine rushing the passer. Good coaches adjust anyway they can to put players in position to succeed.

Miller is a freak though and on another level than Watt.

Let's not get crazy.

Further, Watt has a pretty extensive injury history that scared some teams.

JeffInDC

Reaction score

When I see this depth chart, I see any of the Pete Carroll Tree of D Coordinators smiling at how they would use them. Could you imagine Dallas re-signing DLaw and Irving, then adding Harold Landry in Round 1 and play him at OLB......like Seattle did when they had Bruce Irvin. They basically had 3-4 personnel, but ran a 4-3.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Ummm, I'm no coach - but, how do you have a 6'7" # 273 player 1 game back from suspension as your only 1-tech ???
Recipe for disaster .....

Actually, I think Collins is the 1T with Price as his backup.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

Let's not get crazy.

Von Miller is special no doubt but size-wise, Miller is 6-3/250, Watt is 6-4/252. Watt could have played just fine in this defense.

It's getting to a point where people who feel 3-4 players and 4-3 players are automatically incompatible in the other scheme just don't understand football. It's all gaps and techniques, and both fronts utilize various gaps, techniques, shades, etc. I, and many here, have given tons of examples of 4-3 right defensive ends and 3-4 right outside linebackers who have made the transition, sometimes back and forth like DeMarcus Ware.

Are there players who are better suited for a particular scheme? Sure. Most players can make the transition rather easily.

A pro of the 3-4 is that it usually allows you to get 1 more athletic player on the field. A player like Watt will find his way onto the field in either scheme.

WeaponX

Reaction score
Watt not fitting our scheme is crock of poop. When John Fox became the HC of Denver, they moved Von Miller to SLB in 4-3 and he did fine rushing the passer. Good coaches adjust anyway they can to put players in position to succeed.
Actually, Von Miller was the first pick of the Fox era in Denver, which actually serves to further prove your point. They had their scheme in place and still took him with a plan to use him.

Zman5

Reaction score

Let's not get crazy.

Not saying Watt and Miller on the same level. My point is using an excuse like so and so can't play in a certain scheme based only on their physical measurables is stupid.

Dwight Freeney doesn't have your typical 4-3 body type. Elvis Dumervil also. Haley was a 3-4 OLB at SF and we converted him to play in the 4-3.

There are plenty of others that has done well while not being a certain body type for certain scheme. Look at Randy White.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I wasn’t sure if they announced that or not.
Yeah bro, all I've ever heard is that Collins is the 3-tech. " The most important position on Marrinelli's defense".
Have not seen or heard anything about changing him to the 1. Possible I guess, tomorrow should tell us one way or the other man. Was surprised in that roster clip to see Price behind Collins, thought he would be the natural choice. Will see if they bring up Ash or what they do...

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Yeah bro, all I've ever heard is that Collins is the 3-tech. " The most important position on Marrinelli's defense".
Have not seen or heard anything about changing him to the 1. Possible I guess, tomorrow should tell us one way or the other man. Was surprised in that roster clip to see Price behind Collins, thought he would be the natural choice. Will see if they bring up Ash or what they do...

Seeing Price backing up Collins is EXACTLY why I assumed Collins was moving to the 1T......plus, if we’re being honest, Irving is a little more consistent in his disruption skills.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Not saying Watt and Miller on the same level. My point is using an excuse like so and so can't play in a certain scheme based only on their physical measurables is stupid.

Dwight Freeney doesn't have your typical 4-3 body type. Elvis Dumervil also. Haley was a 3-4 OLB at SF and we converted him to play in the 4-3.

There are plenty of others that has done well while not being a certain body type for certain scheme. Look at Randy White.
Exactomundo

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ummm, I'm no coach - but, how do you have a 6'7" # 273 player 1 game back from suspension as your only 1-tech ???
Recipe for disaster .....

If that's accurate, I'm not optimistic at all. If nothing changes, nothing changes.