Twitter: Cowboy Tweets 10/31

jday

Reaction score

5c2.gif

I feel like the next line of the gif you used should be: Get me a sandwich, STAT!

jday

Reaction score
I can't take much more luck.
Serious question, Risen: Why are you still a Cowboys fan? I'm not saying you are not a fan and I'm not attempting to suggest I am a better fan. And I'm not about to tell you to be a fan of another team. I have not appointed myself commissioner of the Cowboys fan club, so please understand this is not me challenging your fanship. But as much as you hate everything about the Cowboys from the fo, to the coaches to the QB, I for the life of me can't figure out what there is left that you enjoy about being a fan of this particular team.

Again, this not a challenge or a directive to go away...for the most part I enjoy your dark sense of humor, regardless of whether or not I agree with your take. But at times, you simply appear to be miserable as a fan of the Cowboys....I'm just not sure why you continue to subject yourself to that misery. It just seems like your fanship is a labor of hate...and that can't be good for your overall health.

datmayne

Reaction score
Called this in the game day thread.

Saw JPP do this too.

Those guys are just waiting for us to go empty set to pin their ears back.

Our success rate in that formation cannot be good.

Oh. Like this?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Serious question, Risen: Why are you still a Cowboys fan? I'm not saying you are not a fan and I'm not attempting to suggest I am a better fan. And I'm not about to tell you to be a fan of another team. I have not appointed myself commissioner of the Cowboys fan club, so please understand this is not me challenging your fanship. But as much as you hate everything about the Cowboys from the fo, to the coaches to the QB, I for the life of me can't figure out what there is left that you enjoy about being a fan of this particular team.

Again, this not a challenge or a directive to go away...for the most part I enjoy your dark sense of humor, regardless of whether or not I agree with your take. But at times, you simply appear to be miserable as a fan of the Cowboys....I'm just not sure why you continue to subject yourself to that misery. It just seems like your fanship is a labor of hate...and that can't be good for your overall health.

I am miserable as a Cowboys fan.

It's almost like they aren't what they used to be and haven't been for like,....let me make up a number here,...say 20 years.

20. Years. There are people driving on our roads who weren't alive when the Cowboys were a great franchise.

It affects my mood.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I liked Free, but at this stage I'll take Collins. Let's hope he pans out cuz Cooper is doing well at LG

Oh, I absolutely agree. Free's struggles in pass protection last year were higher than acceptable. He was always serviceable at best. The times Collins' has struggled are hopefully due to him still learning the position. I think he's doing fine considering the amount of time he's actually spent at right tackle.

jday

Reaction score

It's almost like they aren't what they used to be and haven't been for like,....let me make up a number here,...say 20 years.

20. Years. There are people driving on our roads who weren't alive when the Cowboys were a great franchise.

It affects my mood.
Wow...my perspective is the polar opposite of yours. I'm not blind to this franchises warts, but I do think they are the closest to being that team of 20 years ago that they have been in 20 years. The defense is certainly a work in progress, but, hey, for the first time since Ware was in his prime, we do have a pass rush...so that's nice. And the offense is clearly dominant, though, without Zeke we are about to find out how dominant they really are and if Dak is who I think he is.

And I do think, given the situation, you should be a little excited. You hate Dak. Over the course of the next 6 weeks, we get to find out if you are right...if Zeke truly does prop up what is otherwise a bus driver for a quarterback. So you do have that going for you, which is nice...right?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He lives in Philly.

He loves Wentz.

He hates Dak.

He hates Jerry, Stephen, Garrett and McClay.

He hates many other Cowboys players.

jjktkk

Reaction score

It affects my mood.
I think about the 20 year drought, but before I feel miserable, I think about my buddy whose a life long Lions fan. And then there's the Cleveland Browns...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's like being married to somebody who you've raised a family with but don't really like. You've got a dead bedroom and it's been 20 years since your last action. Your kids are grown up and have their own gold jackets and HoF memberships. They don't need you anymore. The foster kids you don't really like. Your neighbor has a hot wife that kind of does it for you, but at the same time you can't really stand her. But she's so hot. But she doesn't like you. You'd leave if you could, but you've invested all that time, are old and bald and fat yourself, and anybody else you're likely to hit it off with is going to have issues of her own. Yes, those are mom-jeans she's wearing. You're afraid of being alone. It gets to the point that even the things your wife does right, you hate on principle. Why should she be happy when I'm so miserable?

So you don't leave. You get older, and grouchier, and complain about the same things that are never going to change--expecting them to get better. Gradually, it dawns on you that nothing is ever going to improve. Teams are still going to value CBs. Fans still like long-shots, and, shockingly, some of them are going to hit now and then. You have two options, quit, or die. Quitting isn't even really an option because you're stubborn, and death won't come soon enough. So you sit around, barking and biting and yelling at everything that moves on the off chance they don't know how much you hate the way things are. Wondering what it's like for people in happy marriages but secretly resenting them for the simpletons they clearly are.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think about the 20 year drought, but before I feel miserable, I think about my buddy whose a life long Lions fan. And then there's the Cleveland Browns...

If you're not a Cowboys fan, you're not a friend of mine.

Checkmate.

~walking away from table~

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty sad when the defense of this team is we're not the Lions or Browns. I don't think most people even realize what this team used to be.

The guy you worship? Tom Landy? He would backhand you for such thinking.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

It affects my mood.
Kinda feel sorry for you now.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
It's like being married to somebody who you've raised a family with but don't really like. You've got a dead bedroom and it's been 20 years since your last action. Your kids are grown up and have their own gold jackets and HoF memberships. They don't need you anymore. The foster kids you don't really like. Your neighbor has a hot wife that kind of does it for you, but at the same time you can't really stand her. But she's so hot. But she doesn't like you. You'd leave if you could, but you've invested all that time, are old and bald and fat yourself, and anybody else you're likely to hit it off with is going to have issues of her own. Yes, those are mom-jeans she's wearing. You're afraid of being alone. It gets to the point that even the things your wife does right, you hate on principle. Why should she be happy when I'm so miserable?

So you don't leave. You get older, and grouchier, and complain about the same things that are never going to change--expecting them to get better. Gradually, it dawns on you that nothing is ever going to improve. Teams are still going to value CBs. Fans still like long-shots, and, shockingly, some of them are going to hit now and then. You have two options, quit, or die. Quitting isn't even really an option because you're stubborn, and death won't come soon enough. So you sit around, barking and biting and yelling at everything that moves on the off chance they don't know how much you hate the way things are. Wondering what it's like for people in happy marriages but secretly resenting them for the simpletons they clearly are.

Wow, that was good.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Or Risen just prefers the Eagles which is equivalent to the guy in your story preferring dudes to his wife but never admitting it.

jday

Reaction score

The thing is, in that story, I'm the neighbor with the hot wife. Other people don't really like her, because they don't get to sleep with her. :grin: