Twitter: Cowboy Tweets 4/16

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think the Cowboys want to afford Irving. It's a tough one for me, because he's show flashes of being an elite player, but I also think he's a legit knucklehead, and I don't want to be tied to him for a $60MM guarantee.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I don't think the Cowboys want to afford Irving. It's a tough one for me, because he's show flashes of being an elite player, but I also think he's a legit knucklehead, and I don't want to be tied to him for a $60MM guarantee.

If Irving has a great year he's probably going to get the tag

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Irving has a great year he's probably going to get the tag

I wouldn't mind the tag as much as I would a big guaranteed extension for him next year. Assuming we tie up Lawrence and Martin first.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After watching these TDs, it is easy to see the problem with Dez. He hasn't had a QB in two years capable of throwing him the ball.

That's sort of what the team said about the situation. If Dak can't take advantage of Dez' game, then Dez is an expensive luxury. If you have to pick between the young franchise QB and the old veteran WR, you obviously accommodate the QB.

jnday

Reaction score
That's sort of what the team said about the situation. If Dak can't take advantage of Dez' game, then Dez is an expensive luxury. If you have to pick between the young franchise QB and the old veteran WR, you obviously accommodate the QB.
The problem with that view is the QB is an inaccurate bus driver instead of a franchise QB.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem with that view is the QB is an inaccurate bus driver instead of a franchise QB.

That's a separate issue, though. The team's all-in on Dak, I think. I don't believe it's lip service.

gmoney112

Reaction score

Pretty much. Dez also really didn't do him a lot of favors.

Dez' game is elevation and backshoulder really. If you can get him in the open field he's tenacious.

But, those throws require a little finesse that many vets can't even do reliably. I think people forget how young Dak is, and i think he'll get much better at them as he progresses as a QB.

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, but we've needed to target some receivers that can get a little more separation as it is.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
His father is a retired Marine Master Sergeant, that part is true.

But I made up the rest of it, the racooon actually died after getting into Jerry's liquor cabinet.
I like both stories! I believe both of them too... don't ask me how they both happened, but they did!