Cowboy Wire: 8 potential Dak replacements

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Nope..... you don't have to improve at QB to find the 13 wins. Fix the lines and Defense and allow the QB to play behind a solid/dominant O-Line......eg 2016
With a 2016 QB salary.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’m for moving on from Dak.

But a couple things.

1. Lawrence is not going anywhere. The jaguars will keep him.

2. Fields and Lance are the only names on that list that give me any interest. The rest of them are gag inducing.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Lawrence is a pipe dream. The rest of them are downgrades. Dak's replacement is still in college.
This is the most likely thing.

Lance will get a chance depending how he looks this upcoming preseason and he is already with the team.

But every other QB. It would be much much better to just let the next head coach pick a guy they like in the draft and draft them.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If Dak isn’t around after this season the guys from this list I would want is Trey, Fields.
Trey: he’s in the building as if this year and knows the offense. Good bridge QB with upside.
Fields: good bridge with upside and young.

I wouldn’t want Lawrence, Cousins, Wilson or Carr. All of them fall into the same category: veterans that haven’t done much and would be expensive. Well Wilson has won Super Bowls but he’s far removed from those days. The only way I would want one of these guys is if they took 25 million or so. But signing one of these guys to a 50 million APY would be a waste. Might as well keep Dak then.

Lance and Fields could be had for much cheaper and could blossom. All the other guys have peaked. JMO
so you are advocating for none of them, except for two cheap QBs as bridge to the next QB, knowing they both suck.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What is he progressing to? When healthy, he is slicing up opponents. Only way I see them looking to change is if health becomes an obvious concern.

If Miami wants to progress, they need to get the Oline fixed so he isn't taking a beating.

Besides Dak isn't a good fit there. No way he can hit the speedsters in stride & on the long balls consistently.
he has only really had one good year and ended up in a playoff loss. so not so sure about how good he is and if he is worth building around. they ahve given him a ton of weapons too.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
funny, this thread is on page 4. nobody put their name next to any of those QBs except two posters.

so all these Daksessed people want Dak gone, yet they don't like anything else that might be available, nor have the balls to put their name next to one. which tells me all they want to do is complain.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Right. Sometimes I wonder if McCarthy sold this as a selling point to keep him as HC to Jerry. I can’t figure out why Jerry kept McCarthy after that embarrassing performance and I wonder if Big Mike told him he can develop Lance with another year. Pure speculation on my part.

I believe Mikes future rests on Lances development. Jerry crediting Mike with Daks year, and Mike being known as a QB guy it makes absolute sense. If there is a big jump in development and the team shows development from the young guys I think that’s enough to get him extended. Pure speculation but with how this is playing out I can see it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I chose any of them.

I also chose any of them not listed.
so any of the above or anybody else is better than Dak? meaning they will produce better. right?

that was a non-answer if I ever read one. chicken little. afraid to put your name in the hat? all you do is complain. whine. nothing but.

Carnes

Reaction score
Go to Twitter it’s sunshine and Dak rainbows over there.
I'm not a dak Homer. Just everything is negativity. Don't you people know negatively breeds negativity. Gees that's all it is is negative.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
so any of the above or anybody else is better than Dak? meaning they will produce better. right?

that was a non-answer if I ever read one. chicken little. afraid to put your name in the hat? all you do is complain. whine. nothing but.
Any of the above QBs can lead us to no playoff success just like Dakky Poo.

Or by "produce" do you just mean his personal stats like the rest of the Dak fans that pollute this place?

And if you don't start writing sentences properly I'm not going to stop replying to you. You know how much it will bother you if I don't give you attention with your obsession with me. So, before you reply to this just know you were warned, kiddo.