COWBOY ZONE MOCK DRAFT—PK 22: NEW ENGLAND on the clock 4/15, 8:15pm

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
DFWJC;3349531 said:
But have them trading anyway because they don't have a 3rd rounder and could maybe recoup it.

They have three 2nd round picks, two 6th round picks, five 7th round picks and one in each of the 1st and 4th rounds. I highly doubt they are missing that 3rd rounder and the Patriots dont trade to recoup picks, they trade to load up for the next year.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Jenky;3349536 said:
Agreed 100%. When the Eagles are up and ET isn't off the board yet, I'll go with Philly taking him. He shouldn't have dropped this far.
I picked teams to take him several times already. Then we got to Houston, I figured Dallas would go for him. Each pick is its own situation. Odds are, he won't fall this far, but I have seen plenty of mocks that had this happening...I just thank someone bites earlier....maybe even as high as Jacksonville at 10 or SF. Cetain players fall and next thing you know these teams have choice of several good players and Thomas is only one of them. He is a freaking safety, not a shutdown CB, elite pass rusher, franchise OT or QB...the elite positions.

Pouncey, Kindle, Matthews, etc, etc, etc are still out there too...and we're only at pick 22, so the slide is not that unrealistic.

DFWJC

Reaction score
SDogo;3349537 said:
They have three 2nd round picks, two 6th round picks, five 7th round picks and one in each of the 1st and 4th rounds. I highly doubt they are missing that 3rd rounder and the Patriots dont trade to recoup picks, they trade to load up for the next year.
Probably right on that account.

StarHead69

Reaction score
Jenky;3349517 said:
Reason being - The Patriots picked up Chung last year and they have have a bunch of 2nd rounders (#44,47,53) this year. They also have the possibility of STILL getting Odrick @ 27. They can get their FS in the 2nd if needed.

If the draft fell this way, the pats should take Thomas, and use their bevy of great picks to move up for Odrick.

dmoore

Reaction score
Gzus;3349502 said:
Lol typical Dallas homers trading with Dallas or passing on Thomas.

What previous pick is unrealistic? It's entirely possible that Thomas falls this far. The teams that passed on him have bigger holes than S, and have chosen players that have grades that can justify their selection. If you have a problem with this, don't participate.

I know everyone on this board loves Thomas, but safeties typically don't go high in the draft. I think it's entirely possible he falls into range where Dallas could trade up, though I'm not sure Dallas wants to go that route. Have we shown much interest in Thomas?

Jenky

Reaction score
DFWJC;3349550 said:
I picked teams to take him several times already. Then we got to Houston, I figured Dallas would go for him. Each pick is its own situation. Odds are, he won't fall this far, but I have seen plenty of mocks that had this happening...I just thank someone bites earlier....maybe even as high as Jacksonville at 10 or SF. Cetain players fall and next thing you know these teams have choice of several good players and Thomas is only one of them. He is a freaking safety, not a shutdown CB, elite pass rusher, franchise OT or QB...the elite positions.

Pouncey, Kindle, Matthews, etc, etc, etc are still out there too...and we're only at pick 22, so the slide is not that unrealistic.

Understandable. I missed some of those picks due to work.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas. The Pats generally take who they feel will fit. Some times that works and sometimes it doesn't. I was torn between Odrick and Kindle.

RESIN8

Reaction score
Gzus;3349502 said:
Lol typical Dallas homers trading with Dallas or passing on Thomas.

Yeah the fix was in when Houston passed on Earl Thomas. This is an organization that has been in dire straights for a safety for years. After that you could see where this is going. This mock has kind of lost it's luster about now.

I'm going with Odrick since Pats lost Seymour and Jarvis Green.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
DFWJC;3349531 said:
You don't think Dallas would try to trade with these teams if he dropped into the 20s? Why not?

I've been choosing toeams to select Thomas maybe 10 picks ago, but once he makes it this far, I think Philly and Dallas both would try to trade for him.

The only team that really surpised me that Thomas didn't go to was New York. I thought he would maybe go there. The Houston one was a tossup, but I still thought he'd go there.

These people are NOT trying to make him fall. For example, Odrick is a much greater need to NE than Thomas would be. But have them trading anyway because they don't have a 3rd rounder and could maybe recoup it.

You know what I think about ET.

Ordick is the pick.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
what will happen is a trade with the Benals or NE - give them Bennett
and our 27 pick

and we pick up Iupati

because Odrick will be there at 27

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Man, what a bunch of blubbering babies about Earl Thomas. He almost went to the Texans a few picks ago. If some of you guys were so butt hurt about it, you should have voted for him to go to someone in the earlier rounds.

Will he most likely go earlier, yeah, probably. But you guys need to lighten up, it's a mock draft on a website.

Adelius Thomas is most likely gone after his issues with Belicheat and they had no pass rush last season. They pick Sergio Kindle.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Pass rusher and lb are their biggest need, they take Kindle t o pair with Mayo in a youth movement at LB.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Good morning
8am Friday

here is the tally so far
Odrick =8, Kindle=5, Thomas =3, trade =3

I'll keep this open until 10am to give the stragglers a chance to vote

DFWJC

Reaction score
BTW, I decided to pull up Patriots webiste for mocks
"PatsDraft Insider"
http://www.patsdraft.com/Draft_10.html

Some of the picks I noticed?
Graham to the Falcons
Kyle Wilson to Houston
Odrick to New England
Matthews to the Packers
Earl Thomas to the Eagles...those birds with the empty trophy case ;)
Davis to the Cowboys (I'd be happy with Pouncey though)

The point is, ET could very easily drop to the Eagles, but I predict someone will trade up before that happens.
Next point...please stop the freakin whining about ET not being drafted yet...the guy probably has more picks overall so far than any player but not enough to win any slot yet.

After reviewing about 30 mocks, it looks like his most common destination is Houston at 20 (I had him there, and other places beforehand, but Kyle Wilson beat him out barely) and next would be SF at 17...so sliding past Houston is more unusual than not.