War Room analysis
MIKE IUPATI MEASURABLES
Height: 6-5 Weight: 331
40-yard dash: 5.32 10-yard dash: 1.84
20-yard shuttle: 4.93 60-yard shuttle:
Broad jump: 7-8 225-lb. bench: 27
3-cone drill: 7.85 Vertical jump: 27
Wonderlic: 13 20-yard dash: 3.06

Strength: Shows natural strength and when aggressive and using good technique can dominate. On in-line run blocks, can torque defensive linemen of their feet and onto the ground. He shows excellent strength on side blocks, often collapsing the entire side of the line to create a massive hole. Consistently holds his ground vs. bull rushers when keeping knees bent.

Mobility: Shows good, but not elite, mobility. Can pull and effectively block defenders in his track. Is not as effective when having to block moving targets.

Bottom line: Big, strong guards with good athleticism who block with intensity and passion are tough to find. Iupati must learn to be consistent with his technique but projects as a good NFL starter. Many say he can switch to tackle, but we feel he is best suited to stay at guard. He could be a solid NFL tackle but has the tools to be a Pro Bowl guard.

2. Dexter McCluster, WR,RB PR/KR Mississippi
Height: 5-8 Weight: 172
40-yard dash: 4.58 10-yard dash: 1.60
20-yard shuttle: 4.08 60-yard shuttle:
Broad jump: 9-10 225-lb. bench: 20
3-cone drill: Vertical jump: 37
Wonderlic: 20-yard dash: 2.59

War Room analysis
STRENGTHS: McCluster is a very explosive athlete with the foot quicks, agility and elite playing speed to make big plays when he has the ball in his hands. He has outstanding run instincts/vision to find the hole/crease, can make the very fast jump-cut and has an explosive burst to get thru the hole in a flash. He has very good hands catching passes and is a dangerous runner after the catch. He is a very tough and highly competitive runner who keeps his legs churning, fights for every last yard and has the balance, agility and deceptive playing strength to keep feet vs hits and to run thru arm/grab tackles to consistently gain yards after contact. He has been a very versatile player at Mississippi playing primarily running back, but also lining up out at receiver at times and returning kicks/punts. He plays with great passion and intensity on every snap.

BOTTOM LINE: McCluster is a short player who was super productive at Mississippi, but still had doubters before he went to the Senior Bowl and stood out all week. Obviously, his strong week in Mobile does not make him taller, but he was able to prove that he has the explosiveness, elusiveness, playing speed and receiving skills to be a productive player in the NFL if used correctly. Overall, McCluster has been moving up draft boards since he showed up in Mobile and we feel he is best suited to being drafted in the 3rd round, although he could be drafted higher if he blows up at the Combine. He reminds us of a combination of Darren Sproles, Deon Butler and Ahmad Bradshaw and we think he can be most productive in the NFL as a slot receiver, third-down back and star returner.

We trade down and recoup a 5th rounder, but stay in 3rd round;

WE get a phone call and trade Patrick Crayton for a 3rd.

3. Jason Fox OT Miami
Height: 6-6 Weight: 303
40-yard dash: 5.24 10-yard dash:
20-yard shuttle: 60-yard shuttle:
Broad jump: 225-lb. bench: 23
War Room analysis
Strengths: Is a good athlete with quick footwork. Shows good technique. Moves well laterally. Kicks off the snap with ease to handle speed rushers. Shows good with hand placement. Is a good blocker in the open field, maintaining a good knee bend and flexibility. Reaches linebackers on the second level with ease. Handles double-moves well.

Bottom line: Fox, a former tight end who grew out of the position, is a good athlete but not an overpowering blocker. He would fit best in a zone-blocking scheme. He must add strength and bulk but is still learning the position and has a solid upside. He might need a year or so on the practice squad before being ready to play in the NFL.

3. Dorrin Dickerson, TE/FB, WR Pittsburgh
Dickerson will play HB, FB, WR and TE in redzone especially
Height: 6-1 Weight: 226
40-yard dash: 4.40 10-yard dash: 1.53
20-yard shuttle: 4.30 60-yard shuttle:
Broad jump: 10-5 225-lb. bench: 24
3-cone drill: 6.96 Vertical jump: 43
Wonderlic: 20-yard dash: 2.56
War Room analysis
Strengths: Dickerson is a versatile player who can line up as a slot wide receiver, H-back, tight end or fullback. Is a good receiver who poses matchup problems for safeties and linebackers.

Bottom line: Dickerson was a productive college player, but he lacks the necessary size and skills to have a position at the NFL level. He is not likely to make a roster.

4. Joseph Linval DT/NT
Height: 6-6| Weight: 328 | College: East Carolina
01/20/2010 - East Carolina junior defensive tackle Linval Joseph will forego his senior season and enter the 2010 National Football League Draft according to a confirmatory announcement by the league Tuesday. He was included among a list of 53 players released by the NFL who have been granted special eligibility for this year's draft, scheduled for April 22-24. Joseph met the league's three-year eligibility rule and submitted a written application in which he renounced his remaining college football eligibility with the Pirates. The Santa Fe (Fla.) High School product was a two-time All-Conference USA performer who recorded 60 tackles this year - a team-high 13.0 of those coming behind the line of scrimmage for lost yardage. He was credited with five or more stops on six occasions and was the unit's co-leader with 14 quarterback hurries, tallying a combined six in division and conference championship-clinching wins vs. Southern Miss and Houston. In 41 career games, Joseph booked a total of 143 tackles, 29.5 TFLs and 6.5 sacks.

We make another phone call and trade our 5th rounder in 2011 plus our 5th rounder in pick up trade and acquire

4. Larry Asante, SS, Nebraska
Larry Asante
S, Nebraska
War Room analysis
Strengths: Shows the quickness and speed to make plays against the run and pass. Reads quarterbacks/routes well and closes quickly on passes in front of him. Shows the ball skills to break up passes or make interceptions. Can cover tight ends and running backs when he does not have to turn and run. He gets upfield in a flash to deliver hard hits against the run.

Bottom line: Asante is a tough and aggressive safety who makes impact plays. However, his lack of athleticism is a problem in coverage against today's pass-happy offenses. However, he has a chance to be a solid NFL starter and should be a great asset on coverage units for special teams.

We make another phone call and trade Deon Anderson for a 5th rounder

5. Marshall Newhouse, OG/OT, TCU
Reports from what I have heard, Newhouse will have to move inside due to lack of quickness can get groomed to play OG and C.
Height: 6-3 Weight: 319
40-yard dash: 5.00 10-yard dash: 1.77
20-yard shuttle: 4.60 60-yard shuttle:
Broad jump: 8-1 225-lb. bench: 25
3-cone drill: 7.40 Vertical jump: 25
Wonderlic: 20-yard dash: 2.95

War Room analysis
Strengths: Is big and quick. Shows the flexibility to bend knees and sink hips to pass block with good leverage and slide outside to cutoff speed rushers. When pass blocking with good balance, slides well side to side to negate stunts and blitzes. Is quick to get through traffic and deliver a hard blow to linebackers. Shows the strength to drive defensive linemen down the line when aggressive on side blocks. Flashes the ability to pull and lead perimeter runs.

Bottom line: Newhouse is athletic but raw prospect who is not nearly as productive as he has the talent to be. With better technique and more consistency, he could be a productive NFL blocker. He is an ideal developmental prospect.

6. John Conner, FB, Kentucky
JOHN CONNER MEASURABLES
Height: 5-11 Weight: 246
40-yard dash: 4.72 10-yard dash: 1.58
20-yard shuttle: 4.29 60-yard shuttle:
Broad jump: 9-3 225-lb. bench: 24
3-cone drill: 7.17 Vertical jump: 35
Wonderlic: 20-yard dash: 2.69
War Room analysis
Strengths: Is big and strong. Is an aggressive blocker who delivers big blows to defenders. Shows the strength to stand up blitzing linebackers in their tracks, and is an effective cut blocker on outside lead blocks. As a ballcarrier, is instinctive with the vision to find cutback lanes. Is a strong runner with good balance to run through arm tackles and gain yardage after contact. Shows good hands catching passes out of backfield.

Bottom line: Connor has the talent to be a solid NFL starter for a team looking for a blocker first, but he must greatly improve his technique and consistency as a lead blocker

I still feel we will rue the day if we dont draft a kicker, but I leaving him off of this draft hoping beuhler or connor hughes can get the job done. I still hate it but I will do it this time.

7. Kelton Trindal WR, Newberry 6'3", 195lbs, 4.25 40 time.
Note this is our possession deep speed WR to stretch the field, till he learns routes.

We sign 4 players as undrafted players in the 2010 draft
J'Marcus Webb, OT, West Texas A&M
Cameron Sheffield, OLB/DE, Troy
Kevin Jurovich, WR,
Eric Cook C New Mexico

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade Crayton for a 3rd... hes more productive than that, worth atleast a mid-second. Very underrated player.

Can PR, step up to be a solid #2 WR when needed and one of if not the best #3 there is. 5 tds, 630 yards, 37 catches, plus 2 PR for TDs. Sign me up.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3314537 said:
I wouldn't trade Crayton for a 3rd... hes more productive than that, worth atleast a mid-second. Very underrated player.

thats true, but when draft time comes, draft picks are super hard to come by, so best offer you could get is a 3rd. And you unload his contract too, since you have McCluster to return kickoffs and punts. Earlier I had him in a trade for a 3rd and 7th, but realistically, you probably could only get a 3rd, maybe a conditional 7th to 6th in 2011 draft based on production. But again, when draft time comes, teams will not give up high draft choices for players, value is too high on draft picks.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3314537 said:

Can PR, step up to be a solid #2 WR when needed and one of if not the best #3 there is. 5 tds, 630 yards, 37 catches, plus 2 PR for TDs. Sign me up.

I doubt we can get a second for Crayton. Teams are looking for starters in the first and second rounds of the draft, so trading one of those picks for a slot receiver and solid, but not great, punt returner is not likely.

I think we could get a three, but a two is doubtful ... and if we draft a receiver early, I'd be OK with taking the pick because of the depth we have.

gimmesix

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3314541 said:
thats true, but when draft time comes, draft picks are super hard to come by, so best offer you could get is a 3rd. And you unload his contract too, since you have McCluster to return kickoffs and punts.

Love the Iupati and McCluster picks. I think that's my favorite draft scenario.

I wouldn't mind if we ended up with Golden Tate in the first, but can't decide which players I'd be interested in in the second if that happened.

If we can't get either Tate or McCluster, I'm hoping for Jacoby Ford or Antonio Brown. That's my short list of receiver/return men.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3314541 said:
thats true, but when draft time comes, draft picks are super hard to come by, so best offer you could get is a 3rd. And you unload his contract too, since you have McCluster to return kickoffs and punts. Earlier I had him in a trade for a 3rd and 7th, but realistically, you probably could only get a 3rd, maybe a conditional 7th to 6th in 2011 draft based on production. But again, when draft time comes, teams will not give up high draft choices for players, value is too high on draft picks.

but what do we get for him, another TE? Bah maybe im just a mark but I love Crayton, his consistancy and ability to stepup always gives us a security blanket.

If you want another 3rd rounder that bad, Martellus Bennett or even possibly John Phillips could fetch one, I don't even consider Crayton for that pick. Screw depth its useless, Crayton is better than some teams starters. Im not being a mark here, just trying to point on the injustice that would be served by trading Crayton for a 3rd.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3314555 said:
but what do we get for him, another TE? Bah maybe im just a mark but I love Crayton, his consistancy and ability to stepup always gives us a security blanket.

If you want another 3rd rounder that bad, Martellus Bennett or even possibly John Phillips could fetch one, I don't even consider Crayton for that pick. Screw depth its useless, Crayton is better than some teams starters. Im not being a mark here, just trying to point on the injustice that would be served by trading Crayton for a 3rd.

heck i'd render to guess because of Victor Butlers sacks last year he would be able to fetch a late 3rd, some team that needs a OLB pass rusher would say "ya'know he is better than anything that is left in the draft and just last year he was a 4th rounder, you know i'd much rather call up Dallas and take someone who has made plays in the NFL than who is left at OLB. Plus hes still only 22." now that is something I would consider.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
gimmesix;3314545 said:
I doubt we can get a second for Crayton. Teams are looking for starters in the first and second rounds of the draft, so trading one of those picks for a slot receiver and solid, but not great, punt returner is not likely.

I think we could get a three, but a two is doubtful ... and if we draft a receiver early, I'd be OK with taking the pick because of the depth we have.

totally agree, teams will not give up their 1st and 2nd rounders very easily unless it is before the draft.

thats why i took dickerson he is fast enough to play wr some, especiallyin the slot along with mccluster with 4.4 speed. Dickerson caught like 7 tds in the redzone area.

This is where Ogletree and Roy Williams have to step up too. I got to thinking about roy, and Miles austin, if you zoners remember, Austin didnt do too much his first 3 years here.. Then boom!

I am thinking more and more, some of it lays at the doorstep of Tony Romo and he has got to spend more time with his WRs after practice etc and get the timing down. Sure, Roy Williams is at fault some too, but Romo doesnt need to hang the wrs out to dry in high balls where they get nailed either.

So, here is to hoping big time Roy Williams and Ogletree step up. Another reason why i did the trade with Crayton, with OTAs etc gearing up next week i think the cowboys can see more how Romo/Roy Willliams/ Ogletree are stepping it up in routes and timing. If they proceed and develop further as I think they will, you might see Crayton traded while he has value now too.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
gimmesix;3314550 said:
Love the Iupati and McCluster picks. I think that's my favorite draft scenario.

I wouldn't mind if we ended up with Golden Tate in the first, but can't decide which players I'd be interested in in the second if that happened.

yeah, me too, i was trying to decide betweeen Iupati, Tate and Dez Bryant, I think earl thomas will be long gone before we pick.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3314565 said:
totally agree, teams will not give up their 1st and 2nd rounders very easily unless it is before the draft.

thats why i took dickerson he is fast enough to play wr some, especiallyin the slot along with mccluster with 4.4 speed. Dickerson caught like 7 tds in the redzone area.

This is where Ogletree and Roy Williams have to step up too. I got to thinking about roy, and Miles austin, if you zoners remember, Austin didnt do too much his first 3 years here.. Then boom!

I am thinking more and more, some of it lays at the doorstep of Tony Romo and he has got to spend more time with his WRs after practice etc and get the timing down. Sure, Roy Williams is at fault some too, but Romo doesnt need to hang the wrs out to dry in high balls where they get nailed either.

So, here is to hoping big time Roy Williams and Ogletree step up. Another reason why i did the trade with Crayton, with OTAs etc gearing up next week i think the cowboys can see more how Romo/Roy Willliams/ Ogletree are stepping it up in routes and timing. If they proceed and develop further as I think they will, you might see Crayton traded while he has value now too.

i'd take Crayton over RW11. Trade RW for a 7th, more value involved in the trade.

gimmesix

Reaction score

My thought is you get value out of him while you can. If we draft a receiver early, with the development of Kevin Ogletree, I think we've got good competition for the third receiver spot.

You can't hold on to everybody. We're not going to trade Williams ... and I don't think we should because he's value's low. We're not going to trade Miles. We shouldn't trade Ogletree because of his potential. And we can't get anything for Sam.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score

I look at it this way buddy, Crayton right now has true value, if in a trade, your not going to get anything more than you can right now after crayton did in returning punts for tds.

McCluster can be your slot wr some like Ogletree, and Dickerson can too. You have to remember this, we moved up and down the field right, but we couldnt get in the endzone alot of times. Dickerson has elite speed, 4.4 for aplayer his size, he reminds me of a young Darren Woodson but on offense, he can really score. McCluster and Dickerson can help you do that from the slot some, while Ogletree, Roy Williams and Trindal grow. Trindal caught like 60 passes his junior year, and over 8 tds, best i remember, most of them for big bombs.

This kid is a diamond in the rough, and if you bring him along slowly and right way, you have a killer deep threat to stretch the defense.

And like I posted earlier, Crayton has super value now after he returned punts for tds etc. You wont get another high pick like that, and crayton is already like 30 or 31, and he never had great speed to begin with.

so get something now. also, im taking a gamble on it, but austin developed after about his 3rd year some, I think this is the year Roy Williams steps up and so does Ogletree, Ogletree is really hungry and wants it.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
gimmesix;3314587 said:
My thought is you get value out of him while you can. If we draft a receiver early, with the development of Kevin Ogletree, I think we've got good competition for the third receiver spot.

You can't hold on to everybody. We're not going to trade Williams ... and I don't think we should because he's value's low. We're not going to trade Miles. We shouldn't trade Ogletree because of his potential. And we can't get anything for Sam.

some team would give a late round pick in 2011 for Sam Hurd because he has shown flashes of potential. Im not talking 4th or 5th, im talking a 7th with a conditional upgrade to 6th if he has over 250 yards and a td or something.

Crayton outproduces a 3rd round pick though, so maybe it is his top trade value but I wouldn't do it. He has another 2-3 good seasons in him. Use them and then he will retire/play somewhere else.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3314557 said:
heck i'd render to guess because of Victor Butlers sacks last year he would be able to fetch a late 3rd, some team that needs a OLB pass rusher would say "ya'know he is better than anything that is left in the draft and just last year he was a 4th rounder, you know i'd much rather call up Dallas and take someone who has made plays in the NFL than who is left at OLB. Plus hes still only 22." now that is something I would consider.

No way we want to trade butler,this is a kid with a bright future and promise as a strong side outside linebacker, you also have to remember that he was playing the other linebacker position, and when brandon williams got hurt, he had to move tothe other side, that set him back.

give him time buddy

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3314590 said:
I look at it this way buddy, Crayton right now has true value, if in a trade, your not going to get anything more than you can right now after crayton did in returning punts for tds.

McCluster can be your slot wr some like Ogletree, and Dickerson can too. You have to remember this, we moved up and down the field right, but we couldnt get in the endzone alot of times. Dickerson has elite speed, 4.4 for aplayer his size, he reminds me of a young Darren Woodson but on offense, he can really score. McCluster and Dickerson can help you do that from the slot some, while Ogletree, Roy Williams and Trindal grow. Trindal caught like 60 passes his junior year, and over 8 tds, best i remember, most of them for big bombs.

This kid is a diamond in the rough, and if you bring him along slowly and right way, you have a killer deep threat to stretch the defense.

And like I posted earlier, Crayton has super value now after he returned punts for tds etc. You wont get another high pick like that, and crayton is already like 30 or 31, and he never had great speed to begin with.

so get something now. also, im taking a gamble on it, but austin developed after about his 3rd year some, I think this is the year Roy Williams steps up and so does Ogletree, Ogletree is really hungry and wants it.
idk bro, I don't want 4 tes it is useless no matter what his potential is lining up at WR.

If a team like the Saints/Indy offered a 2nd or a team really early in the 3rd like the Rams/Lions called offering their early 3rd I would do it. But for a midlate-late 3rd it just isn't worth it.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3314598 said:
No way we want to trade butler,this is a kid with a bright future and promise as a strong side outside linebacker, you also have to remember that he was playing the other linebacker position, and when brandon williams got hurt, he had to move tothe other side, that set him back.

give him time buddy

I know that but with TWO perennial pro-bowl OLB's Butler will be a backup at best here; I hope he shines in his backup role this year with 6-8 sacks so we can trade him for a early 2nd/late 1st next year. He will never become better than D-Ware and in like 6 years when D-Ware is ready to hang em up, Butler will be 28 so he will be getting up there.

Butler is either a career backup or tradebait. Like I said, if we use him in pass rushing situations and he can excel and get atleast 6 sacks this year on limited playing time, he will be able to fetch a 1st round pick in 2011 since he will only be 23 and a proven pass rusher in this league. QB, LT and Pass Rusher. The 3 needs to build a longterm foundation for a team and a team would see him as one of those, so therefor a team that sucks like the Browns would offer up there early 2nd round pick in 2011 for him.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3314601 said:
I know that but with TWO perennial pro-bowl OLB's Butler will be a backup at best here; I hope he shines in his backup role this year with 6-8 sacks so we can trade him for a early 2nd/late 1st next year. He will never become better than D-Ware and in like 6 years when D-Ware is ready to hang em up, Butler will be 28 so he will be getting up there.

Butler is either a career backup or tradebait. I hope we use him for trade-bait.

its way to early buddy to trade butler, at best you might get a 6th

5th if your lucky

we dont need to trade him due to need at linebacker because of the 3-4, you just dont know if brandon wiliams is coming back, reports are he is, but what about hodge or jason wiliams,

we dont need to trade our linebackers, because like wade does, he doenst like to play rookies, give butler a chance

now with butler you can spell ware and spencer some this year

then butler can show what he is made of, and we never know you know, God forbid if spencer or ware get hurt, remember ware had multiple injuries last year

now at wr, we have
austin, roy williams who you cant trade because of salary cap money, no one would take his 13 million salary with his bonus,
ogletree, crayton, hurd

i have heard reports from some insiders, that you cant get anything for hurd, i one time i thought you could get a 7th or 6th but i was told you cant; teams would just wait you out to release him

and im real high on trindal

RS12

Reaction score
Like it Joe. Five mocks, you are working overtime. Crayton has some age on him, he around 30 I think.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
I hate when a mock draft seems to be going well..

Then a "we trade Crayton for a 3rd rounder" bombshell explodes on the scene.

I stopped reading after that.