CowboyJoes 5th mock draft

Bigdog

Reaction score
I know a lot of people here think that Linval Joseph is going to be there when we pick in the 4th. I just think that he will be gone before then. Just my opinion. Otherwise good draft.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3314644 said:
I hate when a mock draft seems to be going well..

Then a "we trade Crayton for a 3rd rounder" bombshell explodes on the scene.

I stopped reading after that.

Miami doesnt take Crayton and Carp for a 4th?

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3314537 said:
I wouldn't trade Crayton for a 3rd... hes more productive than that, worth atleast a mid-second. Very underrated player.

Can PR, step up to be a solid #2 WR when needed and one of if not the best #3 there is. 5 tds, 630 yards, 37 catches, plus 2 PR for TDs. Sign me up.

LOL, aren't you the same kid that started the thread of how bad you want Shipley? So if Shipley comes here, wheres Crayton going to go? Come on kid. And lol at you wouldn't trade Crayton for a 3rd...arguably the best WR still playing Randy Moss was traded for a 4th. You'd be LUCKY if a team even considers Crayton for a 3rd.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3314601 said:
I know that but with TWO perennial pro-bowl OLB's Butler will be a backup at best here; I hope he shines in his backup role this year with 6-8 sacks so we can trade him for a early 2nd/late 1st next year. He will never become better than D-Ware and in like 6 years when D-Ware is ready to hang em up, Butler will be 28 so he will be getting up there.

Butler is either a career backup or tradebait. Like I said, if we use him in pass rushing situations and he can excel and get atleast 6 sacks this year on limited playing time, he will be able to fetch a 1st round pick in 2011 since he will only be 23 and a proven pass rusher in this league. QB, LT and Pass Rusher. The 3 needs to build a longterm foundation for a team and a team would see him as one of those, so therefor a team that sucks like the Browns would offer up there early 2nd round pick in 2011 for him.

You never seem to amaze me. :bang3:

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3315524 said:
LOL, aren't you the same kid that started the thread of how bad you want Shipley? So if Shipley comes here, wheres Crayton going to go? Come on kid. And lol at you wouldn't trade Crayton for a 3rd...arguably the best WR still playing Randy Moss was traded for a 4th. You'd be LUCKY if a team even considers Crayton for a 3rd.

Moss is not the best WR playing. Johnson, Marshall, Austin, Welker, and I can go on are better.

TheSport78

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3315541 said:
:thankyou:

You deserve credit for having the guts to say that we could get a 1st or 2nd round pick for Victor Butler, and a 2nd for Crayton. Wowzers! Put down the homerade! :D

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
TheSport78;3315545 said:
You deserve credit for having the guts to say that we could get a 1st or 2nd round pick for Victor Butler, and a 2nd for Crayton. Wowzers! Put down the homerade! :D

didnt say we could get a first or second for Butler this year, next year if he has around 6 sacks perhaps.

He was a 4th round draft pick, is 22 and on limited plays had 3 sacks this year, a team desperate for a pass rusher would easily throw a 3rd this year, maybe a late 2nd. I doubt it though.

Crayton I didnt say we could get a 2nd, I said he is worth a second to us.

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3315542 said:
Moss is not the best WR playing. Johnson, Marshall, Austin, Welker, and I can go on are better.

lmao omg yes he is, by far. Moss or maybe Owens is the best WR all time that is still playing. Obv those players you mentioned have better production then him right now, he's 34. Look at career receiving yards then come talk to me.

TheSport78

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3315550 said:
didnt say we could get a first or second for Butler this year, next year if he has around 6 sacks perhaps.

He was a 4th round draft pick, is 22 and on limited plays had 3 sacks this year, a team desperate for a pass rusher would easily throw a 3rd this year, maybe a late 2nd. I doubt it though.

Crayton I didnt say we could get a 2nd, I said he is worth a second to us.

You're WRONG. No GM in their right mind would give up a 1st or 2nd round pick for a player in Butler who has 6 sacks in one season, behind the best pass rushing LB in the league and a young rising star in Spencer. When was the last time you saw something like that in the NFL? Butler couldn't even get on the field because he supposedly didn't know the playbook, and now NFL teams are going to court him for a 1st or 2nd round pick? :lmao::lmao:

And no, an NFL team would not "easily" just "throw" in a 3rd or 2nd round pick for the guy.

Your comment about Crayton makes no sense. We cannot get a 2nd for Crayton, but he's worth a 2nd to us? Explain.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
RS12;3314620 said:
Like it Joe. Five mocks, you are working overtime. Crayton has some age on him, he around 30 I think.

right buddy, crayton is getting up their in age now,and never had speed to begin with, so when his legs go and speed, he is done, im thinking when he is 31 or 32

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Bigdog;3314796 said:
I know a lot of people here think that Linval Joseph is going to be there when we pick in the 4th. I just think that he will be gone before then. Just my opinion. Otherwise good draft.

i dont think so, i think he will go early in 4th round, so we may have to trade up to get him there, other big de/dt i liked was geathers, but he has had some history issues with leaving the team,not showing up and so has his brothers in pro football

so im kinda leary of him

now before hostile says anything, he does have the talent, but sometimes he just doesnt show up or he leaves the team like he did
those are red flags to me,
again though in these lower rounds, you draft a player on one or 2 good athletic talent he has, and he does have athe monster size and athletic ability

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
TheSport78;3315560 said:
You're WRONG. No GM in their right mind would give up a 1st or 2nd round pick for a player in Butler who has 6 sacks in one season, behind the best pass rushing LB in the league and a young rising star in Spencer. When was the last time you saw something like that in the NFL? Butler couldn't even get on the field because he supposedly didn't know the playbook, and now NFL teams are going to court him for a 1st or 2nd round pick? :lmao::lmao:

And no, an NFL team would not "easily" just "throw" in a 3rd or 2nd round pick for the guy.

Your comment about Crayton makes no sense. We cannot get a 2nd for Crayton, but he's worth a 2nd to us? Explain.

i guess ive got to tutor romo to austin some more, because your right about butler, no way;

and crayton might because if we can get a wr or one like mccluster and dickerson then crayton is available

with crayton avg catches per year and his punt returns for tds, now is the time to get something for him if you can i believe

now again, what i pointed to, is what the cowboys see in OTA, march meetings, etc, if Ogletree and Roy Williams step up, then yes, you might want to trade crayton and get something for him

and i do think you can get a 3rd, maybe from titans they are looking for a wr, or rams, etc... or cleveland, remember gm is Ho..... and crayton beat him a couple of times with big catches, and punt returns against seattle

TheSport78

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3315684 said:
i guess ive got to tutor romo to austin some more, because your right about butler, no way;

and crayton might because if we can get a wr or one like mccluster and dickerson then crayton is available

with crayton avg catches per year and his punt returns for tds, now is the time to get something for him if you can i believe

now again, what i pointed to, is what the cowboys see in OTA, march meetings, etc, if Ogletree and Roy Williams step up, then yes, you might want to trade crayton and get something for him

and i do think you can get a 3rd, maybe from titans they are looking for a wr, or rams, etc... or cleveland, remember gm is Ho..... and crayton beat him a couple of times with big catches, and punt returns against seattle

I respectfully disagree. Ogletree and Roy may "show something" in March, but you know what you're getting from Crayton. Other than Austin, he's the most consistent wide receiver on the team. And IMHO, no team will give up more than a 5th round pick for Crayton.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
TheSport78;3315693 said:
I respectfully disagree. Ogletree and Roy may "show something" in March, but you know what you're getting from Crayton. Other than Austin, he's the most consistent wide receiver on the team. And IMHO, no team will give up more than a 5th round pick for Crayton.

i disagree, i heard a 3rd, lowest would be a 4th, that was 2 years ago, now with crayton returning punts for tds, is value is up