Cowboys $12M over project 2022 NFL salary cap of $208.2M, here's how they get under

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Doesn't restructure mean they're just kicking their obligations down the road?
They still owe the player whatever guaranteed money the player is entitled. Plus, the player has to agree to have his contract restructured.

The restructure can be a clause that is built into the contract. The players has already agreed that restructure can be done in order to get under the salary cap when the contract is signed.

conner01

Reaction score
What I’m hearing is they might want to trade/ release Cooper, Tank, and Collins. They probably want to restructure Martin and keep Zeke where he is…..I like trading those guys Dallas should be able to get some 2nds or firsts. Then you draft WR, DE, and OL.
I don’t think cooper, tank and Collins is even possible

conner01

Reaction score
The restructure can be a clause that is built into the contract. The players has already agreed that restructure can be done in order to get under the salary cap when the contract is signed.
Daks has two built in years just for that

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
These CAP deniers are the same fans that claimed: "we wasted Dak's rookie contract", or "our Defense has to improve"......whilst ignoring the fact that our CAP situation results in us signing JAG FA's as starters.

After cutting ties with Jaylon I do have some confidence that we will at last do something to correct the CAP concern.

Cut Tank Lawrence and Elliott. Then were good to go.

Cebrin

Reaction score
So, have big debt when your old?:rolleyes:
You wouldn't want to have millions of $s in debt as a young person. It really drags your life in the mud.
Cap goes up faster than even most inflationary rate.
Player get paid $40,000,000.00+ per year. And the cost gets passed, pun intended, down to the fans.
I'm not sure you understood my response. You literally just repeated what I said.