Cowboys 1st Round pick

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Another hate Dez thread from Verdict? Gee who would’ve thought. Eh just another day on the Zone. There will be another one in a few days as well don’t worry.

Only 3 things guaranteed in life

1. Death
2. Taxes
3. Verdict making a Dez bash thread
854a8ad7bda6beb65f38a1336b4ec7b5.jpg

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
I love the heck out of Dez and what he did for the Cowboys. Wish he was still on the roster.

But Cooper...

COOOOOOP!

Dude is what I hoped he'd be. And yes, he's better than Dez. They'd compliment each other magnificently if Dez could be humble. But as is, Amari, I choose you.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I love the heck out of Dez and what he did for the Cowboys. Wish he was still on the roster.

But Cooper...

COOOOOOP!

Dude is what I hoped he'd be. And yes, he's better than Dez. They'd compliment each other magnificently if Dez could be humble. But as is, Amari, I choose you.
Imagine if we had Dez, Cooper and Witten. That would be the closet thing to Irvin, Harper and Novacek. And if only we had a Aikman to match.

Our 2014 offense with this defense could win a championship.

We’ll see how it plays out but if we had a top 5-10 QB with this offensive key talent and great defense we might be like 12-1 or 13-0.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Imagine if we had Dez, Cooper and Witten. That would be the closet thing to Irvin, Harper and Novacek. And if only we had a Aikman to match.

Our 2014 offense with this defense could win a championship.

We’ll see how it plays out but if we had a top 5-10 QB with this offensive key talent and great defense we might be like 12-1 or 13-0.

I saw a lot of pundits and press calling for Dez to go to the slot in place of Beasley for 2018.

I kind of wish that'd happened. Cooper and Gallup on the outside and Dez if he could deal with the slot.

But yeah, the TE. I mean, right now we're in fantasy land. I wish it'd be a bit different, but I'm rolling with what it is.

I love Cooper as WR1. He's the guy this team needed for a long time.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Say what you want about Dez, the man bled blue and silver. Sure, he was never a great route runner and age caught up with him as well as losing focus, but before that he was a serious threat. If I was offered the choice of Dez in his prime and Amari in his prime, I'd take Amari, but Dez was no slouch. Part of his problem was the system he was in. Linehan didn't know how to use him and he didn't have a WR coach that could get through to him.

There is no need to build one up by bashing the other. I hope that by the end of his career, Amari will bleed blue and silver like other great Cowboy WR's. He seems to love it here already.

Linehan didn't have a clue how to use Dez. However, Romo did. Linehan didn't like Romo because he kept changing the plays. Goes to show how much Linehan is detrimental to this team. What OC out there doesn't like Romo?

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
i think coop's ability to create separation with very little room makes him a great RZ guy. he's just not a "throw it up" RZ guy; different type.

I blame Garrett and Linehan. The still rely on the same old slow developing plays that take an eternity to run. This puts a lot of stress on the oline and on the QB.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I saw a lot of pundits and press calling for Dez to go to the slot in place of Beasley for 2018.

I kind of wish that'd happened. Cooper and Gallup on the outside and Dez if he could deal with the slot.

But yeah, the TE. I mean, right now we're in fantasy land. I wish it'd be a bit different, but I'm rolling with what it is.

I love Cooper as WR1. He's the guy this team needed for a long time.
He’s no doubt our MVP right now as he’s resurrected a sinking ship but we’ll see how it plays out over the next few years.

He started out strong in Oakland with Carr and fizzled out. Not sure why. But they had something special there for a couple years .

We need to win now cause there’s no guarantee for tomorrow.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Yeah. The biggest issue we have inside the red zone isnplay calling, not personnel.

Our offensive coaches like to keep calling plays that never work. They do it over and over expecting a different result. Once in a while, they will do a play that works. It works so well that they outthink themselves and never call it again.

These offensive coaches are so stuck in their ways it's tearing this offense apart.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Our offensive coaches like to keep calling plays that never work. They do it over and over expecting a different result. Once in a while, they will do a play that works. It works so well that they outthink themselves and never call it again.

These offensive coaches are so stuck in their ways it's tearing this offense apart.
We don’t even appear to have a Redzone offense. Our best play inside the 10 appears to be running Dak.

I’m not sure if Dak passing ability limits the play calling in Redzone?

Much like on 3rd and long we don’t seem to want to throw it downfield unless it’s a homerun throw.

I cant help but think Daks abilities limits some of the calls. I’m sure we could use some better coaching. But as usual we have been more talent dependent.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
We don’t even appear to have a Redzone offense. Our best play inside the 10 appears to be running Dak.

I’m not sure if Dak passing ability limits the play calling in Redzone?

Much like on 3rd and long we don’t seem to want to throw it downfield unless it’s a homerun throw.

I cant help but think Daks abilities limits some of the calls. I’m sure we could use some better coaching. But as usual we have been more talent dependent.

I don't think it Dak at all. It's the scheme. We also had this same problem with Romo. We would get bogged down in the red zone so many times and settle for field goals. Bailey made a living off our miss-opportunities.

Nothing has changed with the scheme. The results remained the same year after year. Yet people think its all on Dak.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't think it Dak at all. It's the scheme. We also had this same problem with Romo. We would get bogged down in the red zone so many times and settle for field goals. Bailey made a living off our miss-opportunities.

Nothing has changed with the scheme. The results remained the same year after year. Yet people think its all on Dak.
I understand and why I say we’re talent dependent. Daks improvisation unfortunately relies more on his legs than arm in Redzone.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
Let’s not forget, there isn’t a ton of film yet on Cooper in this offense. There’s no guarantee that defenses won’t figure out how to take AC away from Dak like they did with Beasley late in 2016. People worry so much about being right / wrong that they make constant knee jerk reactions based on a small sample size of games. I hope Cooper continues to produce but I understand the NFL well enough to know that there’s an ebb and flow to this stuff as teams experiment trying to find that magic bullet.
One difference, I think Gallup might end up being the perfect compliment to AC, whereas T. Will never scared defenses enough. Beasley got schemed out when Dez could no longer beat double team coverage. I think with Gallup and one of either Beasley or Austin, it will be difficult to impossible to scheme them out. It will be pick your poison. Find a reliable TE and who knows what the ceiling is?